IGNORED

Davies

Briz

How so?

Better finisher, better link up play, I'd go as far as saying better work-rate even though it's one of Brett's negative points (to an extent). Pitman scored more for Bournemouth last season (20) than Davies has ever scored in a single season in his career (13). Ask Bournemouth if they'd swap Pitman for Davies, it'd be a negative response. Before it's said Pitman's goals last year were in L1, well Davies scored 5 goals in 60 games for Tranmere if I recall correctly and Pitman also scored 13 goals in the Championship when called upon with less starts.

Similar players but Pitman edges it for me.

Edit - Sorry for going off-topic, I've made my stance on the Harewood/Davies situation clear already.

Pitman is a better finisher

But as an all round player davies wins hands down

Saying that i would only want ether player playing for me in a winning side

If the chips are down i wouldnt have any of them

Pitman will only score goals in a good team

Depends if your short sighted or not.

Or are you the one short sighted?

Think about it. Joins Millwall, signing on fee, bigger wages etc.

Scores goals in the Championship, Millwall get's relegated.

New club for Davies, signing on fee, bigger wages etc.

You need to be a free agent to get a signing on fee, Davies has two years remaining on his contract, plus i doubt Millwall could offer him more than what hes on here as they are cutting costs too, Davies wont leave unless its right for him, a second relegation is hardly ideal for any players career. That and we've got more chance of going up then Millwall have of staying up!!

You don't need to be a free agent to get a signing on fee.

Davies would be on league 1 wages, would be a clause in his contract when we got relegated.

So surely Millwall could pay more, especially with the players they are brining in.

Guest bcfcrobin1

The good thing about Davies is when he is on form he can score any type of goal, for example the header against Millwall

How so?

Better finisher, better link up play, I'd go as far as saying better work-rate even though it's one of Brett's negative points (to an extent). Pitman scored more for Bournemouth last season (20) than Davies has ever scored in a single season in his career (13). Ask Bournemouth if they'd swap Pitman for Davies, it'd be a negative response. Before it's said Pitman's goals last year were in L1, well Davies scored 5 goals in 60 games for Tranmere if I recall correctly and Pitman also scored 13 goals in the Championship when called upon with less starts.

Similar players but Pitman edges it for me.

Edit - Sorry for going off-topic, I've made my stance on the Harewood/Davies situation clear already.

Davies tries harder, is stronger, better in the air and more skilful. Plus at Tranmere most of his games were played on the left wing. Hardly a fair comparison.

I really don't rate Pitman as a Championship striker so we're never going to agree on this.

Guest Timbo7

Millwalls wages won't be much higher (if at all) than our league 1 wage.

May be true but Davies' opportunities to continue to earn at this level and/or to return to the Championship will not be assisted by a less than successful season in League 1.

Can he be confident of being first choice in a successful City team if he stays?

You're all over looking one important fact.

Does he really want to be here, because if not, and he thinks he's too good for a Div 1 team, then that will certainly sway SOD's thinking.

there is no point hanging on to someone who isn't interested and wants away, that only leads to problems in the dressing room, something we've had enough of before.

Guest RedZoneJim

Does he really want to be here, because if not, and he thinks he's too good for a Div 1 team, then that will certainly sway SOD's thinking.

there is no point hanging on to someone who isn't interested and wants away, that only leads to problems in the dressing room, something we've had enough of before.

This. Not saying should sell for stupidly low money but if he doesn't want to be here we should actively look to sell cos when everything's about the team this summer so I only want people who want to be here. Only SOD & Davies will really know where Davies' head is. Saying that Post's line about players wanting to play in Championship yesterday got me - these are he players who got us relegated!

Millwalls wages won't be much higher (if at all) than our league 1 wage.

Signing on fees are always a bonus. Plus loyalty fee if he doesn't hand in a transfer request.

So similar wages are fine. And as someone mentioned, if they go down he'll just move again and repeat the payment process.

After all he is good enough for the Championship and not a L1 player.

One of my friends met Cunningham just after the season ended n was chatting about what city players would leave. He was asked about himself Davies baldock and albert. he said albert would be going but the others were happy down here and would not force a transfer unless the club accepts a fee for them. When fielding signed he mentioned how nice Davies said it was down here.

It's been done to death but his style may make him appear disinterested I think he his interested and motivated and the fact he looks in the best shape we've seen him in suggests this.

I do hope this is the case as he is one of the best strikers in league 1

Archived