IGNORED

Benik Afobe

Guest Evander SnowyField

Guest Evander SnowyField

@TransfersToBe: Arsenal have allowed Benik Afobe to join #BristolCity on a season long loan, Afobe will now travel to Bristol to discuss personal terms #AFC

@Transferstobe are a group of agents who post their own personal transfer information based on their own deals and their direct contacts, generally been pretty reliable so far this summer

Afobe and harewood signed before Saturday could look quite good!

Think from what Harewood said in his video he might not be quite up to scratch with fitness by the weekend, but imagine he's not far off.

This Afobe done any preseason?

Pinch of salt on that one at the moment,

for a start why does he need to discuss personal terms if he's on loan, surley that would be for the clubs to deiscuss whether we pick up a percentage of his wages not the player himself

Pinch of salt on that one at the moment,

for a start why does he need to discuss personal terms if he's on loan, surley that would be for the clubs to deiscuss whether we pick up a percentage of his wages not the player himself

He may want to speak to SOD on what he'll gain from the loan and how much he'll play etc.

He may want to speak to SOD on what he'll gain from the loan and how much he'll play etc.

doesn't need to travel to Bristol for that tho surely,

If he was travelling down here surley it would be fora medical not personal terms

Guest Evander SnowyField

I thought it was their other striker Zak Ansah who had done his cruiciate, I follow him on twitter and he is definitely out injured.

I can't verify this rumour but the account has been very good this summer and is run by a group of agents with clients in the football league. So it's almost definitely not a 12 year old on his iPad bored in the summer holidays. They also verify their sources from time to time when questioned about how they know these things.

Be optimistic, it's worked so far this summer!

Think from what Harewood said in his video he might not be quite up to scratch with fitness by the weekend, but imagine he's not far off.

This Afobe done any preseason?

Yeah agreed on harewood, probably a bit short, not too sure what afobe has done pre-season, probably wouldn't be match fit either!

If he was travelling down here surley it would be fora medical not personal terms

Hope this is just carp tbh.

We've already got one fragile striker in Baldock. It sounds as if this guy has got a poor injury record as well. That would leave us building our strike force around a pair of sicknotes, another who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and a 33 year old who is enthusiastic and speaks well, but has never exactly been prolific.

Doesn't look to be a sound basis for a settled or potent attack imho.

Article from 12th July 2013 on Arsenal Youth site:

Arsenal U21s will kick-start their preparations for another season tonight when they take on Conference South side Sutton United in the first of four friendlies scheduled for July and August.

Coach Steve Gatting has a rather small pool of players to choose from for several reasons. Firstly owing to the large number of players released at the end of last season, but also due to first-team call-ups and ongoing injury concerns.

As well as the players going to Asia (Gedion Zelalem, Damian Martinez, Kristoffer Olsson, Chuks Aneke, Ignasi Miquel, Serge Gnabry, Chuba Akpom and Thomas Eisfeld), Gatting is also deprived of the services of Zak Ansah (anterior cruciate ligament), who is likely to be ruled out until at least December and left-back Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill (knee), who has been ruled out for six to eight weeks, in addition to Benik Afobe, Jon Toral and Tarum Dawkins, who are still recovering from injuries they sustained last season. Furthermore, Wellington and Samuel Galindo, back from their latest loan spells abroad, are unlikely to feature.

Guest Evander SnowyField

Fair points all round, I have messaged them and challenged them on it. See what they say.

Guest EastendFanatic

Tweeted Jeorge Bird who is a journalist and sports analyst for the Arsenal youth setup. He said on sunday evening that Afobe was still coming back from his cruciate injury and was taking longer than expected, he mentioned nothing of the proposed move.This lad has unbelievable pace! Seen him live at a yiuth game and utilises it brilliantly!

Why are people ruling it out because of ligament damage? We don't know the extent. After all we were told 4 months for Kelly. This kid will be coming up for 5 months. If it is a season long loan, and he is close to full fitness I don't see a problem.

No idea if it is true or not, but I wouldn't rule it out based on injury. Rule it out based on it being complete bollocks if you want :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have the 1 up top with 2 supporting anyway, we have a few options to do that.

Guest Evander SnowyField

Just to stoke it up further, this source was the one that broke the fielding story and several others. They haven't replied to me, which doesn't fill me with confidence, but they have been good all summer.

Dude, from this article http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/kneeinjuriescruciate.htm

( that's assuming all goes well, likely up to a year!)

March, April, May, June, July ( we are only in month 5) So won't be fit, fit for at least another couple of months and is why I'm not as certain as some seem to be that Kelly will be back before March at the earliest!

Aye so according to that he could have already been doing unlimited gym work etc. So if things go well he could miss a few weeks of the season? Who knows how his rehab has gone, but if well, I can't see a season long loan with missing out on a month being too much of a hurdle (it does say 6 months return to professional sport, and the assumption is that is from point of surgery)

Of course he could be knackered, but on the face of it I can't see a problem. Granted a 1 or 3 month loan I can see the problem.

If we are after him I can't believe we would sign him up knowing he had another 6 months rehabilitation.

Aye so according to that he could have already been doing unlimited gym work etc. So if things go well he could miss a few weeks of the season? Who knows how his rehab has gone, but if well, I can't see a season long loan with missing out on a month being too much of a hurdle (it does say 6 months return to professional sport, and the assumption is that is from point of surgery)

Of course he could be knackered, but on the face of it I can't see a problem. Granted a 1 or 3 month loan I can see the problem.

If we are after him I can't believe we would sign him up knowing he had another 6 months rehabilitation.

With our record of taking players on loan, only to get almost instantly injured, I'd be very worried about us taking on someone for a year, who already has serious question marks over his fitness. Of course the club would carry out a medical, but with our luck in that department, I'd rather we looked at someone who is at least fit at the moment.

These days we can't afford to take a punt and hope we can get away with it, can we?

With our record of taking players on loan, only to get almost instantly injured, I'd be very worried about us taking on someone for a year, who already has serious question marks over his fitness. Of course the club would carry out a medical, but with our luck in that department, I'd rather we looked at someone who is at least fit at the moment.

These days we can't afford to take a punt and hope we can get away with it, can we?

I would presume in this case we are Doing Arsenal a favour giving the lad first team football. I would have thought in terms of youth players we are not paying the wages, the parent club would. Maybe I am being s bit naive here. If it is in the interest of Arsenal to get him playing and fit, there would be a caveat, if the knee gets injured all bets are off and he heads back there.

I would presume in this case we are Doing Arsenal a favour giving the lad first team football. I would have thought in terms of youth players we are not paying the wages, the parent club would. Maybe I am being s bit naive here. If it is in the interest of Arsenal to get him playing and fit, there would be a caveat, if the knee gets injured all bets are off and he heads back there.

If Arsenal were paying the wages, that would be a win, win situation from our point of view. He'd be getting match time, so Arsenal would benefit and we wouldn't be carrying any of the risk. If there's no risk for us and we could just ship him back if he got injured again then great.

I was just concerned we'd be stuck with paying another crocked player's wages and not be able to afford a replacement on the wage bill.

Guest Evander SnowyField

So don't loan players have to pass a medical, if there is no financial input from the loaning club?

So don't loan players have to pass a medical, if there is no financial input from the loaning club?

I would have thought so, to prove they are fit for purpose or close enough fit for purpose to make it worthwhile. I would presume they need to pass for insurance purposes as well.

Guest danrozzell

Think we should go for a more proven striker 2 goals for bolton in 20 games not good enough really need a striker that is consistently hitting double figures

Guest Evander SnowyField

So we really are none the wiser. Glad to see whoever runs the Bcfc supporters twitter account has asked the transfer messiah to verify this rumour. If anyone can find out it's Ali Durden

Think we should go for a more proven striker 2 goals for bolton in 20 games not good enough really need a striker that is consistently hitting double figures

They don't come cheap and we don't have the money to finance such a signing, plus a striker who regularly hits double figures at this level will no doubt want to play at a higher level and a bigger club.

This is the reason we are looking at loanees and second chancers, it's all about the paper kid.

Guest Evander SnowyField

Another young arsenal player called Wellington Silva has put a photo on Instagram of him with akpom and afobe with the tag line 'after training in the locker room with akpom and afobe' so one could assume he is training, we don't know what stage of his recovery he is at.

Another young arsenal player called Wellington Silva has put a photo on Instagram of him with akpom and afobe with the tag line 'after training in the locker room with akpom and afobe' so one could assume he is training, we don't know what stage of his recovery he is at.

But he's not in Bristol then.

Guest Evander SnowyField

I was just going to add...that was three weeks ago and akpom and silva are in kit, Afobe is in jeans and tee shirt, so I would assume that he HADNT trained! Purely speculative bullshit on my part sorry!

Depends if DMC signs them then its fine if your injured !

However that seems now not to be the case, as we have some one half decent in charge :)

Archived