IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

I get a feeling some people come on forums and just make things up....

Why should it be made up Pepsi?

Not everyone has the same over inflated opinion of Bristol Rovers as you and most of your fellow fans. 13 years since we were last in the same division, if you want respect you've got to earn it...not give it large about everything that's absolutely definitely going to happen in the future...maybe.

I get a feeling some people come on forums and just make things up....

It is what it s mate.

In the 80s something was going on, but the last 20 years has just been an irrelevance. Christ when I was in my late teens Stoke was the real battle.

Maybe one day things will change for you. Perhaps Darlington said the same.

Who knows? Who cares?

It is what it s mate.

In the 80s something was going on, but the last 20 years has just been an irrelevance. Christ when I was in my late teens Stoke was the real battle.

Maybe one day things will change for you. Perhaps Darlington said the same.

Who knows? Who cares?

OK, i was referring to an 8 year old having any clue whatsoever to be honest about rivalry :laugh:..

Ok, so would you say that any of your games V Cardiff blues or anyone else local compares to our poxy 1st round JPT?? Just wondering like????

Why should it be made up Pepsi?

Not everyone has the same over inflated opinion of Bristol Rovers as you and most of your fellow fans. 13 years since we were last in the same division, if you want respect you've got to earn it...not give it large about everything that's absolutely definitely going to happen in the future...maybe.

I have no over inflated view of the gas, maybe a higher one than you though. 

Its you lot with the big club is it not?? massive

Ha, nice try Pepsi. Yeah we are huge, obviously.

Seriously though, I've heard several Gasheads use the term 'sleeping giant' in relation to Rovers over the last few days, plus if you get beat by anyone in L2 my Gas colleagues always moan about losing to 'tinpot ' clubs the following Monday.

Its your lot who genuinely believe your a massive club.

Btw, out of interest, how many did you pack into the Mem last night? I know you guys like to keep an eye on attendances and given recent events you must have had a bumper turn out last night to show Higgs and co that you appreciate all they've done and get behind the team.

I don't know if you have kids but an 8 year old going on 9 has an understanding of rivalry and he knows who city's are.

As for the games you mention, I was personally more up for Cardiff away in the league than our Johnstones Tin pot cup game.

Of course I wanted to win, I want city too win all games.

Just my opinion if course, I get stick from city fans about it, but to me the rivalry means the most to the late seventies eighties generation.

I don't know if you have kids but an 8 year old going on 9 has an understanding of rivalry and he knows who city's are.

As for the games you mention, I was personally more up for Cardiff away in the league than our Johnstones Tin pot cup game.

Of course I wanted to win, I want city too win all games.

Just my opinion if course, I get stick from city fans about it, but to me the rivalry means the most to the late seventies eighties generation.

Maybe your right about the rivalry fading out, possibly like you say cus i was brought up in 70s and 80s..I personally dont feel it fading atall, I have interaction with city fans every day and its always banter mostly good natured.

Ha, nice try Pepsi. Yeah we are huge, obviously.

Seriously though, I've heard several Gasheads use the term 'sleeping giant' in relation to Rovers over the last few days, plus if you get beat by anyone in L2 my Gas colleagues always moan about losing to 'tinpot ' clubs the following Monday.

Its your lot who genuinely believe your a massive club.

Btw, out of interest, how many did you pack into the Mem last night? I know you guys like to keep an eye on attendances and given recent events you must have had a bumper turn out last night to show Higgs and co that you appreciate all they've done and get behind the team.

Tinpot/sleeping giant is how i see it ..... :laugh:

Unsure how many were there last, didnt go personally.. doubt it was anymore than 7000 though...... The last few games have been shocking..

Correct, we do have a massive club when compared to Rovers. Our attendances alone are twice the size of yours and our dumbed down version of the stadium redevelopment will still leave us with a capacity of 5,000 more than your bowl.

You lot are having your moment in the sun because you won your JR, but, as has been previously mentioned, we do not have problem with your new stadium (personally I think it is dull and uninspiring), we have a problem more so that you managed to win your JR and ours is still so deep in the legal mire that it would be years before we could even imagine getting to Rovers' build stage at AV.

Whilst I liked the design of AV, things have a way of turning out for the best and City staying at AG is actually very pleasing and satisfies most City fans as we are staying at our home for 110+ years. So any gloating from you lot should really come with a warning: we will have a revamped AV and my gut feel is that our worm is beginning to turn after five years of decline. So if you apply some objective thought to the process, whilst Rovers will see a spike in attendances and this will probably breed some relative success for them as well, City will also be going through a similar scenario, but with the structure already in place and the backing of a billionaire. Have a think about it, Pepsi, and there is little to actually gloat about. Most Rovers fans I know are too thick to see this, but maybe you could surprise us?

Maybe your right about the rivalry fading out, possibly like you say cus i was brought up in 70s and 80s..I personally dont feel it fading atall, I have interaction with city fans every day and its always banter mostly good natured.

I think the rivalry is still there Pepsi the paint pot cup game proved that, however it does need both clubs to be in the same league for a proper rivalry.

Correct, we do have a massive club when compared to Rovers. Our attendances alone are twice the size of yours and our dumbed down version of the stadium redevelopment will still leave us with a capacity of 5,000 more than your bowl.

You lot are having your moment in the sun because you won your JR, but, as has been previously mentioned, we do not have problem with your new stadium (personally I think it is dull and uninspiring), we have a problem more so that you managed to win your JR and ours is still so deep in the legal mire that it would be years before we could even imagine getting to Rovers' build stage at AV.

Whilst I liked the design of AV, things have a way of turning out for the best and City staying at AG is actually very pleasing and satisfies most City fans as we are staying at our home for 110+ years. So any gloating from you lot should really come with a warning: we will have a revamped AV and my gut feel is that our worm is beginning to turn after five years of decline. So if you apply some objective thought to the process, whilst Rovers will see a spike in attendances and this will probably breed some relative success for them as well, City will also be going through a similar scenario, but with the structure already in place and the backing of a billionaire. Have a think about it, Pepsi, and there is little to actually gloat about. Most Rovers fans I know are too thick to see this, but maybe you could surprise us?

Beautifully written Frederick,

Thing is though im in the "I will believe it when im sat in it brigade" and have not mentioned at anytime that we are about to dominate Bristol or world football (although we probably will  :) ) because of a new stadium/plan..... 

Beautifully written Frederick,

Thing is though im in the "I will believe it when im sat in it brigade" and have not mentioned at anytime that we are about to dominate Bristol or world football (although we probably will  :) ) because of a new stadium/plan..... 

What is the "plan" bit? Is there a broader plan other than just building a new stadium and hoping for the best? Genuinely interested.

I think the rivalry is still there Pepsi the paint pot cup game proved that, however it does need both clubs to be in the same league for a proper rivalry.

What is the "plan" bit? Is there a broader plan other than just building a new stadium and hoping for the best? Genuinely interested.

Well, the "plan" is to build a new stadium, wether that happens or not is a different stiory

Super,

Perhaps you can lose at colchester today take a few heavy beatings over the coming few weeks and get back in the relegation zone.. That league definitely looked better with you down there I gotta say...

Reading some of the comments on this thread --- I am bitterly disappointed some of you are so ******g jealous of what Rovers have achieved. I am one of the few that attend both grounds and in my honest opinion Rovers have had to put up with more shit than City over the 50+ years I have been watching. For gods sake it can only be for the good of Bristol they have won this battle and now hopefully Lansdown will get his act together and do likewise.

And for those fans that think having the Rugby sharing their facilities is a good thing well I can tell you it ain't.

Super,

Perhaps you can lose at colchester today take a few heavy beatings over the coming few weeks and get back in the relegation zone.. That league definitely looked better with you down there I gotta say...

No point in doing that Pepsi (hope you are well BTW), your lot might not be there! ;)

On the rivalry thing, there is a whole generation of supporters, on both sides, who have never experienced a league Bristol derby. For fans of our age, there is only one derby but I can understand the Malaysian red up the arse merchants taking over in some people's minds as we just don't play you anymore. That said, the City v Cardiff games have always been a close second anyway.

Reading some of the comments on this thread --- I am bitterly disappointed some of you are so ******g jealous of what Rovers have achieved. I am one of the few that attend both grounds and in my honest opinion Rovers have had to put up with more shit than City over the 50+ years I have been watching. For gods sake it can only be for the good of Bristol they have won this battle and now hopefully Lansdown will get his act together and do likewise.

And for those fans that think having the Rugby sharing their facilities is a good thing well I can tell you it ain't.

No worries as a desso pitch is being installed this summer. Doesn't seem to effect Swansea City, QPR etc

Don't cry little fella.

No worries as a desso pitch is being installed this summer. Doesn't seem to effect Swansea City, QPR etc

I'm sure I read it was to be installed summer 2015, no point putting it in then having to redo it once the Williams knocked down and moved back.

Looking at your historical posts you are a gashead, so why do you describe Rovers as "they"?

Maybe he has seen the light ;)

Or maybe he is always trying to wind City fans up, bizarrely by pretending to be a City fan, but forgets that people have memories of his previous posts where he has revealed his/her self as a gashead? They just ain't clever enough to pull it off.

Or maybe he is always trying to wind City fans up, bizarrely by pretending to be a City fan, but forgets that people have memories of his previous posts where he has revealed his/her self as a gashead? They just ain't clever enough to pull it off.

Frederick,

why do you always go on about the intelligence/lack of intelligence of gasheads??? I find it a bit strange really.. Being a gashead but living in south Bristol I would say there is very little in it to be fair...

Unless of course you are hyper intelligent like??? 15-1/countdown/krypton factor contestant???

UTG, Prowed to be a gashead  :yes:

Sent from my windmill with smoke signals from my crack pipe

Frederick,

why do you always go on about the intelligence/lack of intelligence of gasheads??? I find it a bit strange really.. Being a gashead but living in south Bristol I would say there is very little in it to be fair...

Unless of course you are hyper intelligent like??? 15-1/countdown/krypton factor contestant???

UTG, Prowed to be a gashead :yes:

Sent from my windmill with smoke signals from my crack pipe

Speak as you find, Pepsi old foe.

Guest Running Man

On their forum accusing Trash of having a lack of decency to continue the process.

Let's get this right, you steal the ground from its rightful owners, then you try to build a supermarket on what is a War Memorial and you have the cheek to accuse people of a lack of decency. Of course I forgot, we're talking about the Gas, that explains everything.

Guest BS3 GAS

delaying the enevitable... as nimbys do...

make no mistake Sainsburys and the UWE are happening

The appeal is to the same judge... do u think he will say  oh yeah i got it wrong...

he will chuck it out then its 14 days to appeal to the court of appeal and then they will throw it out even if it goes that far!

building work wasnt due to start till 1st week of june at best... prep work /ground clearence has already started.

Im more worried about winning a game or 2 to be honest! :fear:

The greens have pulled out ... leaving 4 local people and some cash from co op or tesco

Guest Bedminster Born And Red

The appeal is to the same judge... do u think he will say  oh yeah i got it wrong...

he will chuck it out then its 14 days to appeal to the court of appeal and then they will throw it out even if it goes that far!

building work wasnt due to start till 1st week of june at best... prep work /ground clearence has already started.

The greens have pulled out ... leaving 4 local people and some cash from co op or tesco

You will need to if you want to make the play offs.

it will go though via the court of appeal because the legal profession hasn't finished milking money out of the process yet

Guest BS3 GAS

it will go though via the court of appeal because the legal profession hasn't finished milking money out of the process yet

agree to a point... they can only take the money thats in the pot though...... the big question is how much is in the pot and who put it in there ... my money is on Co-Op (big mentions in the JR ) Tesco (in their interest) and possibly Bristol Uni ( high up employee started a petition for the Memorial) and it effects them if UWE get better facilities

agree to a point... they can only take the money thats in the pot though...... the big question is how much is in the pot and who put it in there ... my money is on Co-Op (big mentions in the JR ) Tesco (in their interest) and possibly Bristol Uni ( high up employee started a petition for the Memorial) and it effects them if UWE get better facilities

and if those 3 supermarkets are behind it you can bet it will go on for a long time yet, all have more money then Rovers

Guest BS3 GAS

and if those 3 supermarkets are behind it you can bet it will go on for a long time yet, all have more money then Rovers

ITs delays that cost rovers as such not anymore Lawyers or legal bills this is nimbys v's the courts now ... if they are turned down at the court of appeal thats its . As as soon as 2 courts ( high court and court of appeal) turn it down legally you cant appeal anymore (according to Trash's own laywers website)

The judge from the JR could turn it down on Friday or up to 7 days ... then it could be as little as 14 days after that before its all over ....

Big IFS but none of this was unexpected ( by me anyway) NIMBYS do this its how they work ... but they rarely win

they have no ground to appeal imo

Yeh, they're just going through the motions. Once this gets rejected, expect an appeal to be made....i forget how many times they can keep pushing it back. Ours is still ongoing. If they think this is bad, wait until the hearing's get delayed for several months due to "child care arrangements".

ITs delays that cost rovers as such not anymore Lawyers or legal bills this is nimbys v's the courts now ... if they are turned down at the court of appeal thats its . As as soon as 2 courts ( high court and court of appeal) turn it down legally you cant appeal anymore (according to Trash's own laywers website)

The judge from the JR could turn it down on Friday or up to 7 days ... then it could be as little as 14 days after that before its all over ....

Big IFS but none of this was unexpected ( by me anyway) NIMBYS do this its how they work ... but they rarely win

they'd find away, Money always does

If Rovers getting their stadium sees Tesco out of pocket and with egg on their faces then I'm all for it!! Regardless of the rivalry there is room for two sporting arenas in the area (one in Bristol and one in South Glos obviously). And I'm positive that something will get built at Ashton Vale eventually - whether it's a ground for us, who knows?

If Rovers getting their stadium sees Tesco out of pocket and with egg on their faces then I'm all for it!! Regardless of the rivalry there is room for two sporting arenas in the area (one in Bristol and one in South Glos obviously). And I'm positive that something will get built at Ashton Vale eventually - whether it's a ground for us, who knows?

They'll be house on AV by 2016, that was all about not having a stadium and nothing to do with protecting green belt

They'll be house on AV by 2016, that was all about not having a stadium and nothing to do with protecting green belt

But if the Village Green thing gets overturned, we go back in for planning at some stage, and it goes through again they will be stuffed. If that's what Lansdown wants to do obviously. I'd build a sewage plant there myself or perhaps open it back up as a landfill site.

• Admin

Out of interest how high can they go with these appeals?

With both developments, we've seen and heard this all before -waiting for the first brick to be laid

Out of interest how high can they go with these appeals?

With both developments, we've seen and heard this all before -waiting for the first brick to be laid

If the judge and court of appeal turn them down thats it, it can't go any further,

one disagrees and the appeal goes through it can go up to the supreme court I think

Guest BS3 GAS

If the judge and court of appeal turn them down thats it, it can't go any further,

one disagrees and the appeal goes through it can go up to the supreme court I think

yep... spot on ...

will take some u turn from the JR judge to give them much chance

so far BCC Planning said yes build it, judge pickles at the high court said yep nowt wrong ... carry on and build.... then Judge higgingbottom said ill take a look at this for JR... then took less than 2 mins to throw said JR out and say yep carry on and build it

now they are hoping he will change his mind (7days maximum wait & not a chance , just read the full JR , he all but called TRASH timewasters)

so there final chance will be an appeal to the court of appeal who have up to 21days to decide  ..IF they so no then its all over

It's the same judge too, so in a sense it gets personal - they are questioning his original decision.  Therefore I see this as no more than a final f** y** by the opposition and this time next week it'll have been kicked to touch.

It's the same judge too, so in a sense it gets personal - they are questioning his original decision.  Therefore I see this as no more than a final f** y** by the opposition and this time next week it'll have been kicked to touch.

it won't be when it goes to the court of appeal, it will be a different judge,

back to the orginal judge first who will turn them down

then to a different judge at the court of appeal if that one turns them down it goes ahead if he finds that Trash have a valid arguement then it can go to supreme court,

its a limited company thats appeal so the only loser is the Bristol Tax Payer

Why? I often hear this argument put forward but I can't think for the life of me why it will be for the good of Bristol. Explain.

It's generally thought to be Coop as was lots of references to them in the JR. They have form for it too, did it to Sainsbury's application in Portishead

Archived