IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Plea to all football fans - VOTE !!

At any election, local or national, VOTE!!!

Who for? Anybody but the Greens. They hate football and its fans, and they do their utmost to prevent any stadium developments anywhere. Apart from them, it's your choice but, if you love football, kick out the Greens.

The JR and legal system in this country is an effing farce. But that wont stop me laughing at rovers. After seeing the comments on their forum gloating last week, my feelings of being genuinely happy for them reverted back to type. It would be great to see a double wammy of the stadium being taken from underneath their noses as well as being relegated to the conference where they truly belong. Effing minnows.

Rovers and football is not a combination of words often used so in this situation I am baffled who to vote for.

Don't forget they were up in arms about Ashton Vale. This isn't just about teams in Bristol and South Glos. This is about the future of football.

They can request that they play away for the first couple of weeks if there is a likely delay for completion of the stadium, I can't see it being a problem at all.

The UWE website shows an 18 month build time which already takes them to the end of September without further delays. I am aware this may be approximate but this will imply the first 10+ games will be away - I cannot imagine the FA/league will allow that as it will result in a disproportionate amount of home games in the run in and therefore they may be perceived to have an unfair advantage. Obviously if there are rules which say this is possible I stand to be corrected.

Guest BS3 GAS

spoke to someone tonight and Rovers are sure the UWE stadium will be open for the 1st home game of 2015/16... the stadium will be built and fitted out for football 1st& foremost to ensure its ready for that date... conferencing, gym ect can wait a few months for their fit out ect.

Building has to start by late june at the latest for this to happen, 

Buckingham group who are the contractors have a large work force on sight already doing prep work, not the sign of a company who appear worried 

spoke to someone tonight and Rovers are sure the UWE stadium will be open for the 1st home game of 2015/16... the stadium will be built and fitted out for football 1st& foremost to ensure its ready for that date... conferencing, gym ect can wait a few months for their fit out ect.

Buckingham group who are the contractors have a large work force on sight already doing prep work, not the sign of a company who appear worried

I know for a fact it won't be ready for the first game that season.

The prep work is probably linked to environmental legislation particularly surrounding nesting birds and mammals. Certain activities have to be completed before the nesting season (widely accepted to be 1st April) or they are legally forced to delay to winter. Nick Higgs having experience of construction will know this and will have planned accordingly.

Loop hole where trash are claiming documental evidence was not seen or something ot worse was witheld. I wonder if that document will surface that states the land can only be used for sport. Interesting either way. I just want the ground to be kept for its intended use of sport and for rugby.

The prep work is probably linked to environmental legislation particularly surrounding nesting birds and mammals. Certain activities have to be completed before the nesting season (widely accepted to be 1st April) or they are legally forced to delay to winter. Nick Higgs having experience of construction will know this and will have planned accordingly.

Will no one think of the hedgehogs?

No, really :(

Will no one think of the hedgehogs?

No, really :(

Aizoon - NH made special efforts to ensure that the South Glos branch of Horace's dynasty had no chance to scupper the building schedule!

"There has been an ecologist on site for the last few weeks assessing for nesting birds. mammals and hedgehogs.

He has given it a clean bill of health and Nick approved the removal of all shrubs and vegetation immediately from the site before the nesting season starts. or other reptiles move back in.

This will save months on the building programme, fantastic start and stops anyone protesting we have killed off nesting sites or local mammals etc."

No doubt TrashHorfield will lodge the next stage of their appeal at 3.59 p.m. on 2nd April. They don't seem at all bothered that the judge tore them a new one re. time wasting, when he made his decision last week. They've certainly picked up a few tips from your Village Green chums.

Guest BS3 GAS

I know for a fact it won't be ready for the first game that season

The stadium in whole wont be yes , the ability to hold a football match is what they are planning for even if 1 end of the stadium isnt ready for example  (according to a person at the very top of the tree of this project)

It goes to the court of appeal they have 21 days to do this, if it is turned down in the court of appeal that's the end of the road and it gets built

As the nimbys have form a plc they will simply bankrupt the company and be banned from directorship for 8 years

The only lose will be the Bristol tax payer

Also having worked on many major construction projects I can tell you most don't get finished on time

The gas simply ask to play their first 4 fixtures away from home or request us to share ( won't happen) bath or Cheltenham (both won't happen ether

It goes to the court of appeal they have 21 days to do this, if it is turned down in the court of appeal that's the end of the road and it gets built

As the nimbys have form a plc they will simply bankrupt the company and be banned from directorship for 8 years

The only lose will be the Bristol tax payer

Also having worked on many major construction projects I can tell you most don't get finished on time

The gas simply ask to play their first 4 fixtures away from home or request us to share ( won't happen) bath or Cheltenham (both won't happen ether

The trouble with them playing their few 4 fixtures away is the logistical nightmare that it causes not only City, but Bristol Rugby as well, as it kinda forces us to be home for those first 4, which causes issues for POTD fans who can't shell out 100 in a month for match tickets.  The fixture list compilation is extremely complex as it is.  You add the rugby into the mix as well, and it all gets very messy.  Ground share with someone - not us - seems most likely I would say depending on how big a delay we're talking about here, unless they can reach an agreement with Sainsbury.

• Admin

The trouble with them playing their few 4 fixtures away is the logistical nightmare that it causes not only City, but Bristol Rugby as well,

Nothing stopping us both being away on the same weekend.

They will probably be expected to change to a Friday / Sunday in the event of us both being at home.

If we are talking about 4 fixtures, liklihood that would be 2 games, fully expect Rovers to move to their Friday night slot.

The latest rumours from the bunker say it will be ready for 2016/17 and the three sides will be a permanent fixture until cash flow permits completion.  Decrepit b*ggers among you will remember the same applied to the North Stand at Eastville which was still only partially complete on the day it was demolished. The Venturers have still to put their sealed knot of approval on the revised plan.   

Guest BS3 GAS

TRASH will not appeal...... Breaking new from BBC on twitter

appears game over for the NIMBYs

UWE Stadium to go ahead

UWE Stadium to go ahead

Yes it's all over. Raddice stepping down from TRASHhorfield was a big factor I think. The ground work has been going on for a while if you drive near the place you can see it.

MM

UWE Stadium to go ahead

So SL was nothing to do with funding it then. Embarrassing that so many thought he was.

Yes it's all over. Raddice stepping down from TRASHhorfield was a big factor I think. The ground work has been going on for a while if you drive near the place you can see it.

MM

That's not ground work,they're just clearing up all the dog s###.

Guest BS3 GAS

So SL was nothing to do with funding it then. Embarrassing that so many thought he was.

so many?? i think i was a handfull on the officail forum and twitter , most were told they were barking up the wrong tree quickly enough.... you'll always get conspiracy thoughts in rivalry and Trash claiming to have a benefactor but not naming them just added to it ... most thought it was co op or tesco... now appears Trash prob didnt have anyone and were just being awkward (now there is a surprise

Guest BS3 GAS

I didn't see one post disputing the paranoid non sense about lansdowne funding trash ! if you want to gloat about your out of Bristol plastic bowl, why don't you #### off to your own forum and join the many other #### the shred posts on their !

things getting to u Timmy? theres 401 posts on this thread,  a thread on a city forum about rovers , Uwe , AV , Jr and more ....fairly good chat and with 400 posts  sugest some interest it would seem, if you dont want to read it dont open the thread .. simples ... dont think youll find i was gloating either ...

maybe your have things going on that makes you a little angry and unable to understand things , i hope the rest of your day goes a little better :P

I didn't see one post disputing the paranoid non sense about lansdowne funding trash ! if you want to gloat about your out of Bristol plastic bowl, why don't you #### off to your own forum and join the many other #### the shred posts on their !

Your deffo nailed on for supporter of the year Tim :)

Guest Bedminster Born And Red

The latest rumours from the bunker say it will be ready for 2016/17 and the three sides will be a permanent fixture until cash flow permits completion.  Decrepit b*ggers among you will remember the same applied to the North Stand at Eastville which was still only partially complete on the day it was demolished. The Venturers have still to put their sealed knot of approval on the revised plan.   

Is that true?

• Admin

You have to be on a wind up ?

Cookie, any ideas?

Guest Bedminster Born And Red

You have to be on a wind up ?

Cookie, any ideas?

That's what I thought - old Bert has got to be on the wind up.

What is getting to me nailsea cookie, is you constantly posting about gas on here, I for one don't want to have your good news pushed down my throat, I also have a i assue that minutes after mr justice gashead ruled in favour of the rovers last week their was a #### the sheeds thread on your forum ( from the same group of people who were asking for our support a few weeks ago ) I have a big issue that you are shamelessl attempting to sell for profit a ground that was left to Bristol as a memorial to war dead, with the expres condition that it only be used for sport, many people claim to have seen this convent ( which mysteriously dissapeared when the cuckoos took the nest over ) and I sincerely hope one of these people will put in a objection ! ( perhaps Baron pantsdown of Guernsey as you lot sohumourously call him ) will fund it !

It's Lansdown. Deary me.

Guest Severncider

There may be legs in the three sided thing. Watch this space I guess.

9,632 posts. That's 9,600 of utter rubbish and 32 good points. Well done

Language Timothy,

No need to get upset is there....

Something else I found out, UWE will still own the freehold on the ground with Roverzzz taking on an approximate 100 year lease, so you're still rent boys ;-)

That's hardly news on the lease KITR. It's actually 125 years. On a non-partisan note, that's GCCC, City, Rovers, and Bristol Rugby all playing in new, or redeveloped stadia within the next couple of years. Perhaps Bristol will finally get a sporting profile to match its best city in England label.

What is getting to me nailsea cookie, is you constantly posting about gas on here, I for one don't want to have your good news pushed down my throat, I also have a i assue that minutes after mr justice gashead ruled in favour of the rovers last week their was a #### the sheeds thread on your forum ( from the same group of people who were asking for our support a few weeks ago ) I have a big issue that you are shamelessl attempting to sell for profit a ground that was left to Bristol as a memorial to war dead, with the expres condition that it only be used for sport, many people claim to have seen this convent ( which mysteriously dissapeared when the cuckoos took the nest over ) and I sincerely hope one of these people will put in a objection ! ( perhaps Baron pantsdown of Guernsey as you lot sohumourously call him ) will fund it !

If there ever was a covenant, it disappeared a long time ago. The rugby club sold an option to a housing company to build on the training pitch, which was about a third of the site. If a covenant existed that would not have been possible.

Rovers know it too, as they have considered plan b and c etc. A velodrome was discussed but would not bring in the finances. If that document ever gets found and I hope it does I hope there are massive repercussions one of which gives bristols rugby players and playing public a ground back.

Oh dear me. It looks like jealousy knows no bounds. Nice to see the sensible comments, but a couple of you need to lie down and chill.

Hopefully with you guys getting a revamped stadium, Bristol and South Gloucestershire may finally be about to enter the 21st century.

Fixed for you.

Guest BS3 GAS

ive heard of some scaling back on the extras till after the ground is open and the 3 sides thing i heard was possible if the appeal went on for another 6 months or more....

as for the post above about giving the rugby club there ground back... they will have left and gone and if a covenant was going to be found i believe it would be already found , the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

im all for the mem staying as a rugby ground if someone wants to pay what sainsburys are offering ... i believe the rugby club have a very wealthy owner who earnt enough in a few hrs last week to buy it for the rugby club if it is that important to Bristol Rugby?

The fact is it suits Rovers to move , Its suits SL and Bristol Rugby to play at Ashton Gate ... a memorail garden and the gates will remain an important place , its sadly a fact of life that things move on , it would be lovely if somethings didnt like the Mem , but lets get realistic here money rules the world and some need to face it that some on here who claim to care so much about the Memorial Ground disrespect the very place by calling it the Minimal ect ... the arguments abut how rovers aquired the stadium ect have been done .. Rovers own it its theres to sell

It strikes me as funny that you can say to people to chill when you are so happy to desecrate a war memorial I am not in the least bit jealous. I am appalled and repulsed by how you are not ashamed at your clubs actions. If I went down to the city centre and started knocking down the cenotaph I would rightly be despised

the land was given for sport in memory for the war dead. No matter how you try and butter it up its vile. I have never dissed the mem and hold Bristol Rugby as much to blame. I can not tell you how angry about it and frankly your move on comments are vile in the extreme. I hope justice is done

I would like to add that its your comments I find vile and not something I feel toward you personally. It is great that Bristol will get two great stadiums but not great that it is being funded by this desecration

the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

No one kicked up a fuss because the purpose of the venue remained the same (sporting activity), also the ground was never sold to Amtrak and thus was never developed into something else by that company so you have no idea how people would've reacted at the time. I've put these points to you in the past when you used the same argument but you didn't respond, obviously you're a busy man.

Ultimately Rovers and Sainsburys have gone through the courts and have broken no laws in regards to selling the Mem so what's now done is done. If there ever was a legal document stating that the ground could only be used for sporting activities then the Rugby Club are possibly most guilty if it has been lost. I will always think a sports venue is the best Memorial for sportsmen however the Royal British Legion have given the Memorial Garden their blessing so that's a pretty big thumbs up in anything to do with these matters. We're all entitled to our own opinions obviously.

Rovers will have their new ground, our spiritual home is going to be redeveloped into an impressive sporting venue. I imagine that for the first time in a long time most football fans in Bristol are excited about the future for our clubs. No offence but I think ours looks much better, you will disagree...that's the nature of football fans.

ive heard of some scaling back on the extras till after the ground is open and the 3 sides thing i heard was possible if the appeal went on for another 6 months or more....

as for the post above about giving the rugby club there ground back... they will have left and gone and if a covenant was going to be found i believe it would be already found , the rugby chairman at  the time tried to sell the whole lot to Amtrak and then sold half the 'memorial ground land' for housing ... nobody kicked up a fuss then funnily enough!!

im all for the mem staying as a rugby ground if someone wants to pay what sainsburys are offering ... i believe the rugby club have a very wealthy owner who earnt enough in a few hrs last week to buy it for the rugby club if it is that important to Bristol Rugby?

The fact is it suits Rovers to move , Its suits SL and Bristol Rugby to play at Ashton Gate ... a memorail garden and the gates will remain an important place , its sadly a fact of life that things move on , it would be lovely if somethings didnt like the Mem , but lets get realistic here money rules the world and some need to face it that some on here who claim to care so much about the Memorial Ground disrespect the very place by calling it the Minimal ect ... the arguments abut how rovers aquired the stadium ect have been done .. Rovers own it its theres to sell

I actually agree with the Sag. And I think a proper memorial garden will be better than probably the worst 'football league' (if you can call it that) ground in the country. Im a bit gutted that rovers actually got their stadium and we for some reason couldn't (but hey we had a top back up plan), everything they have done has been above board and legal, or they wouldn't have got away with it. From what I've seen in the post they will build the ground as quickly as they can, and all the trimmings may not be finished but they will have enough done for people to watch football in it. Cookie am I right in that your ground will only take a year to build? or is It two?

Guest Severncider

Something else I found out, UWE will still own the freehold on the ground with Roverzzz taking on an approximate 100 year lease, so you're still rent boys ;-)

Now I thought that AG is now owned by Bristol Sport, so does that mean you are also rent boys?

Most football clubs do not own their own grounds, they are owned by a separate company so in the event of bankruptcy of the football club, the stadium do not form part of its assets.

One thing is for sure. In about 2/3 seasons both clubs will have stadiums fit for the 21st century

Guest ernie goodthing

I actually agree with the Sag. And I think a proper memorial garden will be better than probably the worst 'football league' (if you can call it that) ground in the country. Im a bit gutted that rovers actually got their stadium and we for some reason couldn't (but hey we had a top back up plan), everything they have done has been above board and legal, or they wouldn't have got away with it. From what I've seen in the post they will build the ground as quickly as they can, and all the trimmings may not be finished but they will have enough done for people to watch football in it. Cookie am I right in that your ground will only take a year to build? or is It two?

Higgs has said the building is planned to take 62 weeks, which explains why they were so keen to avoid delays as unless they are started within the next couple of months, they won't make the start of the 2015/16 season. That would also be bad for Sainsburys. The league don't allow mid-season ground moves and so if they can't move in for August 2015, the supermarket construction start will be delayed by a year.

Guest BS3 GAS

No one kicked up a fuss because the purpose of the venue remained the same (sporting activity), also the ground was never sold to Amtrak and thus was never developed into something else by that company so you have no idea how people would've reacted at the time. I've put these points to you in the past when you used the same argument but you didn't respond, obviously you're a busy man.

Ultimately Rovers and Sainsburys have gone through the courts and have broken no laws in regards to selling the Mem so what's now done is done. If there ever was a legal document stating that the ground could only be used for sporting activities then the Rugby Club are possibly most guilty if it has been lost. I will always think a sports venue is the best Memorial for sportsmen however the Royal British Legion have given the Memorial Garden their blessing so that's a pretty big thumbs up in anything to do with these matters. We're all entitled to our own opinions obviously.

Rovers will have their new ground, our spiritual home is going to be redeveloped into an impressive sporting venue. I imagine that for the first time in a long time most football fans in Bristol are excited about the future for our clubs. No offence but I think ours looks much better, you will disagree...that's the nature of football fans.

Archived