IGNORED

I'd Rather Have Hulbert Or Clist Than Burnell

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Whats Burnell done wrong lately?

Why does Clist have such a devine right at first team football, he's had his chance. Hopefully it will come again, but not at the expense of a player who give's 100% every week, does his job and helps City maintain the midfield

Guest Tins4Gaffer

The last I remember of Clisty is when he came off the bench to score against Colchester near the start of the 2001/2002 season when we were top of the table.. he was wearing the number 8 shirt.. I remember he picked up the ball on the edge of our own box and played a nice 'one-two' with Tinman before dribbling to the edge of their box and whacking it into the corner of the net left-footed.. I don't think we've really seen him since?? Good little player whose so difficult to pick up breaking out of midfield.. a key player in our 22 match unbeaten run in the middle third of the 2000/2001 season when we were scoring for fun with slick attacking moves on the ground.. remember them days? Tinman went on a free role with a skinhead and then we climbed from 23rd to joint 2nd in a couple of months before falling at the end because of injuries to key players.. (Murray and Bell I think?). Aaron Brown and Thorpey were on fire in those days.. and Beadle was super-sub for Peacock..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Tins super left peg constantly picking out Scotty Murray on the right flank and Bell on the other side also (these were the days when Belly was really quick bursting up the left side and overlapping/crossing etc).. then Thorpey and Peacock so enthusiastic up front and coming deep whenever they needed to.. Clisty and Aaron Brown desperate for involvement in every attack.. Hill and Carey providing even more pace breaking from the back three.. middle third of the 2000/2001 season was the BEST football I've ever seen at Ashton Gate!

Guest purple_monkey_dishwasher
a key player in our 22 match unbeaten run in the middle third of the 2000/2001 season when we were scoring for fun with slick attacking moves on the ground.. remember them days?

22 match unbeaten run? Where are you getting that from?

I only count 15 :

http://www.citystats.org.uk/search.asp?txt...ue=&selAbandon=

We did play some pretty football back then. Shame it got us absolutely nowhere.

Guest pogue mahone
The last I remember of Clisty is when he came off the bench to score against Colchester near the start of the 2001/2002 season when we were top of the table..

that's the last i remember of him too. unfortunately he played around another 15-20 games after the colchester game that season, without actually interferring with any of them. and there lies the whole problem with clist.

I suggest you watch a reserve game Tins4gaffer, Clist has been going through the motions. I dont doubt he has the ability in him but he isnt interested in putting the effort in for the stiffs then theres no way he will get near the first team.

Hulbert on the other hand is another matter, Looks like hes playing his last game every time he steps on the pitch.

Basically it goes to prove that ability is not everything. I think Clist has the ability to be pushing for a starting place but he doesnt have the desire to fight for a place by putting the effort in for the reserves.

Why does everyone like Clist so much? If he was good enough don't you think he would either be in our team or snapped up by some other club. He ha ahad his chance a didn't take it and it's not just Wilson that hasn't picked him.

Archived