IGNORED

In's And Out's Since Last Season..good Business?

Guest cityinchip

Guest cityinchip

Ins:

Wynter (Free)
Flint (Undisclosed 300-350k)
Williams (Free)
Fielding (Undisclosed 100-200k)
Wagstaff (Free)
Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas (Free)
Parish (Free)
Pack (80k)
Harewood (Free)
Shorey (free)
O'Connor (loan)
McLaughlin (loan)

Outs:

Skuse
Heaton
Nyatanga
Stead
Lewis Carey
Gerken
Foster
Mark Wilson
Matthew Bates
Howard
Anderson
Davies (500k)
Adomah (£1 million)
Fontaine (loan)

I think I would take that.

Yep.

There's not a single one of those who've left who I am gutted about. Most of them are good riddance to be honest.

Very happy with our business so far. No doubt a loan striker to come too (maybe even a loan CB).

This is just the beginning of the rebuild. Remember, next summer we can go ahead and replace Carey, Kilkenny, Pearson, Wilson, Taylor & Elliot too (as well as Fonts permanently).

7 places to fill in the squad next season to complete the rebuild and push on.

4 off the bottom of league one should answer your question. I am for sure not yet convinced by the sod revolution. Perhaps we should name it

the Steve Lansdown retreat.

A somewhat naïve response. You are expecting 10 or so new players to bed in straightaway. The style of play is new for everybody so you HAVE to give them time to adapt. This season is very much transitional. We have shown what we can do in spurts so keep the faith.

Yep.

There's not a single one of those who've left who I am gutted about. Most of them are good riddance to be honest.

Very happy with our business so far. No doubt a loan striker to come too (maybe even a loan CB).

This is just the beginning of the rebuild. Remember, next summer we can go ahead and replace Carey, Kilkenny, Pearson, Wilson, Taylor & Elliot too (as well as Fonts permanently).

7 places to fill in the squad next season to complete the rebuild and push on.

Completely agree. Great business, especially as all the incoming must be on a wage structure we can handle.

Must say though, SOD has a whole first 11 of players he has brought in now, so we need to start getting a few wins soon, no excuses :laugh:

----------------------Harewood----------------------

--------------------------JET--------------------------

McLaughlin----Pack--------Wynter-------Waggy

Shorey--------Williams-------Flint-------Moloney

-----------------------Fielding------------------------

P.s not suggesting that is our best side, just saying he has a full first 11 f his own signings to call on

Overall, yes very decent considering relegation.

Bringing in the right kind of players finally.

We'd be a much better side with Heaton, Adomah, Stead and Davies in the squad though the need to comply with SCMP dictated that.

We're still short a centre forward and a centre half though.

Overall, yes very decent considering relegation.

Bringing in the right kind of players finally.

We'd be a much better side with Heaton, Adomah, Stead and Davies in the squad though the need to comply with SCMP dictated that.

We're still short a centre forward and a centre half though.

I honestly think that relegation was a necessary part of the process. Maybe that's a criticism of modern football, but how else were we going to get rid of the dross?

I honestly think that relegation was a necessary part of the process. Maybe that's a criticism of modern football, but how else were we going to get rid of the dross?

I sort of agree with you there though I think even if we had produced a run like the season before n stayed up I don't think SOD would of made the same mistake as Mcinnes and thought that all the players were suddenly good enough.

Relegation IMO certainly made it easier to offload players as most who left would of wanted to stay in the championship

Ins are too early to judge but am optimistic on the whole.

Outs : I'd have kept Heaton and Stead given the choice but only wish Pearson, Wilson and Kilkenny were also on the out list. Any other dross still leaching off the club I forgot, there?

Around a million surplus on those deals, plus reasonable ST sales good home gate and cup games to come, means the Lansdowns will be sleeping easier in their beds.

Make no mistake its ALL about the money and wallets are closed.

Stead, Adomah and Davies will be missed and we are at present a striker down.

I'd only have Heston and Adomah I think.

That chef bloke?

Pretty pleased with the ins and outs. Found yesterdays signings a bit odd though. Letting Fonts go without signing a proper CB could bite us in the bum*

Also hope the McLaughlin signing has a long term view, Joe Bryan has been doing well and I wouldn't want to see his development stunted by a loan signing.

* I know we signed O'Connor but he's a FB who can play CB, same as Maloney.

4 off the bottom of league one should answer your question. I am for sure not yet convinced by the sod revolution. Perhaps we should name it

the Steve Lansdown retreat.

Rearrange the following words to make a sentence;

Rest give it a

I expect you wait impatiently by your microwave for your dinner

I thought everybody understood it takes time ?

Pathetic

Red Rag ! More like Toe rag

Ins:

Wynter (Free)

Flint (Undisclosed 300-350k)

Williams (Free)

Fielding (Undisclosed 100-200k)

Wagstaff (Free)

Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas (Free)

Parish (Free)

Pack (80k)

Harewood (Free)

Shorey (free)

O'Connor (loan)

McLaughlin (loan)

Outs:

Skuse

Heaton

Nyatanga

Stead

Lewis Carey

Gerken

Foster

Mark Wilson

Matthew Bates

Howard

Anderson

Davies (500k)

Adomah (£1 million)

Fontaine (loan)

I think I would take that.

Not missing any of these…would've liked the others to stay but JET has been a fantastic replacement for Anderson, just on his persona alone. Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan have looked good so far and have the other new boys

I knew coming into this season that promotion was not going to happen unless the lads we've brought in pulled off some miraculous ability to instantly gel together and become a solid unit, as it turns out it still takes time but after the last result I think it's fair to say we're getting there.

I am disappointed as much as anyone by our position but I also know that SOD's vision for this club is to rebuild it entirely, that is never going to be a quick fix and as we all know the remains of the GJ era were just rotting and festering like an open infected wound. The actions taken are necessary and although we're not over the hill yet we now have a great talent in JET, Fontaine has finally moved on allowing the defence to form a new center back pairing, the squad looks a lot younger and more determined and we've actually shown some fight in our games which is more than can be said for last season.

All in all our position looks bad but we beat Crystal Palace, we've shown signs of excellence, we just need consistency and a bit more edge which will come as the lads learn each others strengths and weaknesses and bed in with SOD's plans.

SOD isn't a quick fix and that's a good thing because the situation of the club before he arrived was certainly a non quick fix mess. So far under SOD the results have been admittedly disappointing but the squad is looking better, maybe not on paper, but certainly in potential and determination.

Which team would you prefer:

Ins

Fielding;
O'Connor, Flint, Williams, Shorey;
Wagstaff, Wynter, Pack, McLaughlin;
Jay Emmannuel-Thomas;
Harewood

Outs
Heaton;
Foster, Bates, Fontaine, Nyatanga
Adomah, Skuse, Howard, Anderson
Stead, Davies

I think the 2nd team has slightly more quality for obvious reasons but given that we're now in a lower division with presumably a much lower wage bill, I'd say we've done really well in this front. Of course you never know which signings will work out well or not or whether it will translate to a good season overall but so far I'd say the signs are pretty promising despite the low league position currently.

Which team would you prefer:

Ins

Fielding;

O'Connor, Flint, Williams, Shorey;

Wagstaff, Wynter, Pack, McLaughlin;

Jay Emmannuel-Thomas;

Harewood

Outs

Heaton;

Foster, Bates, Fontaine, Nyatanga

Adomah, Skuse, Howard, Anderson

Stead, Davies

I think the 2nd team has slightly more quality for obvious reasons but given that we're now in a lower division with presumably a much lower wage bill, I'd say we've done really well in this front. Of course you never know which signings will work out well or not or whether it will translate to a good season overall but so far I'd say the signs are pretty promising despite the low league position currently.

Given the respective back fours, that would be a fairly even game I think.

Williams and Wynter wouldn't have been free,

I still think it's way too early to say. Personally only one or two who's impressed me so far and that is Emmanuel Thomas & Wagstaff.

Wynter was free as Arsenal didn't pursue compensation even though he turned down a deal there, Williams was £100k.

Rearrange the following words to make a sentence;

Rest give it a

I expect you wait impatiently by your microwave for your dinner

I thought everybody understood it takes time ?

Pathetic

Red Rag ! More like Toe rag

You have clearly bought into the constant bombardment we are under from Sod, club and players, "it takes time" "We are a young team" "I see signs of improvement"

Me, not quite so convinced, but boy would I love to be proved wrong though. As of yet I have not seen any signs that a vast improvement is on the way, maybe it is early days , maybe I am impatient, but clearly I am not quite as easily brain washed as you. Just because its a new young team does not mean it will ultimately be a good team. Such blind optimism, bet you were the kid in the class that still believed in Father Christmas when aged13.

You have clearly bought into the constant bombardment we are under from Sod, club and players, "it takes time" "We are a young team" "I see signs of improvement"

Me, not quite so convinced, but boy would I love to be proved wrong though. As of yet I have not seen any signs that a vast improvement is on the way, maybe it is early days , maybe I am impatient, but clearly I am not quite as easily brain washed as you. Just because its a new young team does not mean it will ultimately be a good team. Such blind optimism, bet you were the kid in the class that still believed in Father Christmas when aged13.

You mean to tell me that it's not Santa who leaves my prezzies under the tree ? I'm sorry i must go and lié down.You barsteward don't you realise i'm in pieces now.

Guest RedZoneJim

Me, not quite so convinced, but boy would I love to be proved wrong though. As of yet I have not seen any signs that a vast improvement is on the way, maybe it is early days , maybe I am impatient, but clearly I am not quite as easily brain washed as you. Just because its a new young team does not mean it will ultimately be a good team.

There are never guarantees with any young players, Harry Redknapp was going to sell Bale! But at least give them a chance to develop before you write them off. Right now we just don't know, this could be the best team we've ever had or they could all turn out to be duds. That's what you get with young players.

But to say you've not seen any signs a vast improvement is on the way is a bit premature. There have definitely been glimpses of some promise in all of our games so far and that's all anyone can base their opinion on right now. I'm encouraged by this, you clearly want it to happen quicker than it is. But I don't see what other choice we've got but to see how this team develops together because we sure as hell aren't going to be spending loads on players any more.

that's not a patronising response at all...

I think a lot of the ingredients are there for a good team, it just remains to be seen whether SOD can combine correctly to produce a well balanced, robust and flavoursome main course. I think/hope he can do it and while he hasn't got it right yet, at some point we need to stick with a manager and give him some time. Given that SOD has had considerable success at this level before, he seems the perfect place to start

Archived