IGNORED

Flares

Guest atyeo bcfc

Just type in 'pyro' on twitter and you'll find numerous accounts selling flares, smoke bombs etc..

But as someone said don't get caught with whatever your planning to bring..!

Sorry but if you think laughing at a joke that's clearly both racist and sexist then you have a screw loose.

Guilty as charged, 'twas the rape element of the joke that really cracked me up, though.

On a serious note, you know the rules lads, no getting caught.

Wearing my safe standing campaign hat, I'd go further than Dave L.

Don't do it!

They're illegal and dangerous. What's more, using them just plays into the hands of those who would oppose the introduction of safe standing, as they would undoubtedly suggest that fans who are irresponsible enough to play with fire in a crowd could not be trusted to behave responsibly in a standing area. So if you support the safe standing campaign, please demonstrate your support and passion for City in a different way!

Don't do it!

They're illegal and dangerous. What's more, using them just plays into the hands of those who would oppose the introduction of safe standing, as they would undoubtedly suggest that fans who are irresponsible enough to play with fire in a crowd could not be trusted to behave responsibly in a standing area. So if you support the safe standing campaign, please demonstrate your support and passion for City in a different way!

By sitting down, shutting up and being good little boys and girls?

Guest leftwingfullback

Don't do it!

You say there dangerous, they are used widespread in Europe as you know. How many documented injuries are there because of it?

I can think of many many much more dangerous things, than letting off a flare or a smoke.

Travelling in a car to an away game is more dangerous for a start, drinking beer at an away game doesn't exactly help your liver Does it...

Guest Brian Butterfield

In all seriousness when you see flares in Europe it looks amazing but even that is being stamped out, in Poland flare casings left after games have been fingerprinted and in Italy authorities are making it all but impossible to create any movements with the introduction of ID cards and cracking down on all ultra groups including arresting capos, if you watch the documentary about the irriducibili a few years ago they could do what they want, in this country you wouldn't ever get away with it.

Also if you think my joke was offensive ban me, I ain't even bothered just my sense of humour

Whenever I've seen flares or smoke bombs at football, stewards don't do anything about it. Well, that's my experience anyway

here in France there are lots of guys who throw flares ( sometimes lit :no: ) and the stewards just kick them away .They can be dangerous, however another problem is that they obscure visibility with the smoke.I don't pay good money to watch smoke :grr: although this would have been useful for some of our "performances" of the last few seasons

Guest JET will tear you apart

I travel abroad a lot and always watch big marchers and there are flares at every game and spark up the atmosphere (unnecessary pun) and I think their fine so do it if we are WINNING or right at the end so if you get kicked out you don't miss much but great idea I'd like to see it happen when I go

You say there dangerous, they are used widespread in Europe as you know. How many documented injuries are there because of it?

I can think of many many much more dangerous things, than letting off a flare or a smoke.

Travelling in a car to an away game is more dangerous for a start, drinking beer at an away game doesn't exactly help your liver Does it...

How about a documented report of a flare causing not injury, but death?

Bolivian teenage fan killed by flare

Guest leftwingfullback

There were 1901 people killed in cars accidents in the uk, in 2010-2011.

Shall we not use cars to drive to games?

Also, firing a flare via a flare gun at rival fans, is a lot more dangerous than holding either a flare sensibly or a smoke canister.

There were 1901 people killed in cars accidents in the uk, in 2010-2011.

Shall we not use cars to drive to games?

We have little option and we take a calculated risk, which we believe to be reasonable, in going to games by car.

Fans do, however, have an option with regards to flares. Don't use them and there is no risk at all.

Guest leftwingfullback

We have little option and we take a calculated risk, which we believe to be reasonable, in going to games by car.

Fans do, however, have an option with regards to flares. Don't use them and there is no risk at all.

If we didnt use cars though noone would die, your arguements are contradictory.

If someone stood in a stand, with a flare held aloft, there would be little risk of injury.

The same as , if everyone drove sensibly there would be little risk of injury.

I think flares and smoke bombs add a great effect to the atmosphere.

I'm against them being thrown onto the pitch, I know fans don't wanna get caught but I'd rather they just drop them.

IMO if flares and smoke bombs are used safely and correctly they aren't dangerous and look really good.

I always think why not allow flares and smoke bombs in a certain section where fans approve of it. This way it is controlled and safe, and any fans who are against it don't have to be in that certain section.

Grow up and listen to David L.

Regardless of what you and others think about the safety issue, flares are illegal in football grounds. Don't bank on the stewards being lenient and remember everything is covered by CCTV.

Of course if your aim is to make it onto the front page of the Post with the headline "hooligan arrested for.......... ...." then go ahead

Guest leftwingfullback

Regardless of what you and others think about the safety issue, flares are illegal in football grounds. Don't bank on the stewards being lenient and remember everything is covered by CCTV.

Of course if your aim is to make it onto the front page of the Post with the headline "hooligan arrested for.......... ...." then go ahead

So is entering a ground while intoxicated, or drinking on transport going to a game.

How many people break these laws?

It's a risk clearly he's willing to take. I'm sure he knows the punishments if caught.

Just remember, not everyone gets caught, I wish him luck if he goes for it as I think they add to the atmosphere.

fired flare !!! clubs abroad have pyro displays. club organised ones. dutch clubs have provided holders on fences for flares. v that a cup of tea being carried through your safe standing area is more dangerous. fsf there are losing perspective by using an extreme negative example just like authorities do over terraces.

Archived