IGNORED

Perfect Example

Super

Brendan Rodgers. Came into Liverpool and completely changed the way they played, but the board effictively wrote off a season for him to achieve this, now they look a very good team and are a far better team than last season and the players are more comfortable playing the Rodgers way. Keep faith with SOD it will take time though.

Brendan Rodgers. Came into Liverpool and completely changed the way they played, but the board effictively wrote off a season for him to achieve this, now they look a very good team and are a far better team than last season and the players are more comfortable playing the Rodgers way. Keep faith with SOD it will take time though.

Completely changed?

Bit generous there. They've played quite good football for a long time, stretching back to Benitez' reign.

Completely changed?

Bit generous there. They've played quite good football for a long time, stretching back to Benitez' reign.

The football under Dalglish was totally different to the way they play now.

Also their 'written off' year includes ending the season with 21 games played, losing 4, drawing 6 and winning 11. Hardly the same situation we're in.

21 games? Way to manipulate the statistics. There are 38 in a Premier League season, Liverpool won 16, drew 13 and lost 9. So that means prior to the arbitrary point at which you started counting, they'd won 5, drawn 7 and lost 5 which could quite easily be where we are after 17 games

I'm not saying we don't need to find a winning habit soon, but 7 games does not a 'transitional period' make

Don't know why you bother. Some on here are only interested in stats, most of which are from last season to gauge Sean's performance.

I have one contact at the club, a coach. Spoke to him today regarding the current climate with the support, booing last night etc. When i quoted some of the ridiculous stats (i.e from last season) about the current run, it was just laughed off. The people on the inside are not panicing, its a work in progress and bar some disapointing results, things are moving in right direction behind the scenes.

21 games? Way to manipulate the statistics. There are 38 in a Premier League season, Liverpool won 16, drew 13 and lost 9. So that means prior to the arbitrary point at which you started counting, they'd won 5, drawn 7 and lost 5 which could quite easily be where we are after 17 games

I'm not saying we don't need to find a winning habit soon, but 7 games does not a 'transitional period' make

21 games is as far back as Soccerway would allow me to search!!

Good to hear. Hold your nerve BCFC.

I used to have four photos, two each of Keith Millen and Derek McInnes, one taken when they got the job, one taken just before they were fired. The difference in demeanour is incredible - from smiling and positive, to shattered and drawn. My point? SO'D is going to need a thick skin (probably has already) and shielding from the lunatic fringe of our support base if he's going to achieve success at Ashton Gate. I hope he stays the course. I believe in him and what he's doing, and the new footballing structure.

As for the guy who called for Colin Warnock to take over ... just please stop - old school football is not the answer.

If you mean the first caller after the game on Radio Bristol, i switched of the radio at that point, what a joker. Claimed we need someone more animated on the touchline to inspire the players :facepalm:

21 games is as far back as Soccerway would allow me to search!!

That's a fair reason for an arbitrary starting point! Liverpool started last season poorly and very gradually got better, though they didn't start playing that well until January when they signed Coutinho if I recall? Sign a talented young Brazilian in January Sean and all will be forgiven!

If you mean the first caller after the game on Radio Bristol, i switched of the radio at that point, what a joker. Claimed we need someone more animated on the touchline to inspire the players :facepalm:

Surely we need more players who don't need some buffoon shouting and waving from the touch line to be inspired!!!

This is what concerns me the most. If we did get rid SOD (which I don't think we should).... Who would we get in to replace him? Neil Warnock? No thanks. Maybe he could have kept us up last year but he is not the man to rebuild this club from top to bottom this year.

We would need someone willing to work at an unfashionable club, whilst tightening the purse strings, relying on developing players rather then purchasing and respecting the club and our history.

Last I heard David Moyes was in full time employment else where.

I can't remember a point at the start of last season where Liverpool were in the drop zone having not won a game in 7 attempts in the league - i suggest if they had the calls for Brendon Rogers head would have been defening on Merseyside.

Not none from 7, because they'd only played 4, but this time last year:

18 shim.gif (17) Liverpool 4 0 2 2 3 8 -5 2

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2012-2013&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1348354799999&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS

I can't remember a point at the start of last season where Liverpool were in the drop zone having not won a game in 7 attempts in the league - i suggest if they had the calls for Brendon Rogers head would have been defening on Merseyside.

They did however wait until the end of September for their first win in the league and mid October before their first win in the league at home.

I thought this season would be bedding in new signings, I didn't expect promotion, I expected a mixed bag of results and us being mid table all season.

I didn't expect us to be in the bottom 4 looking like exactly the same team from last season.

I thought this season would be getting rid of our old problems, but having a few new problems due to being a young team.

Nothing has changed and I do worry.

I thought this season would be bedding in new signings, I didn't expect promotion, I expected a mixed bag of results and us being mid table all season.

I didn't expect us to be in the bottom 4 looking like exactly the same team from last season.

I thought this season would be getting rid of our old problems, but having a few new problems due to being a young team.

Nothing has changed and I do worry.

I agree with you Tins except that now we have youngsters in the team who are trying and not "pros" just going through the motions (not in a Town sewer way you understand )

That is what's changed and we must support those who are trying their best.

When a player is giving his all for the shirt nobody should boo thèm.

Not none from 7, because they'd only played 4, but this time last year:

18 shim.gif (17) Liverpool 4 0 2 2 3 8 -5 2

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2012-2013&month=SEPTEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1348354799999&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS

To quote the famous graffiti:

ABOVE US ONLY SKY

Below us only QPR and Reading

Archived