IGNORED

Lansdown

Langford Red

Out of interest, could Lansdwon's detractors tell me who will be paying your £10m a season deficit when you get rid of him?

I'd be a bit more worried about Tan Tan the Franchjse Man, if I was you!!! Lansdown is responsible for the deficit, it's accumulated on his watch and been sanctioned by him. Is Landsdwon the Malaysian spelling??

Oooh you lot are touchy :laugh:

I'd imagine quite a few of the fans wearing red yesterday are newbies and not too bothered about the rebrand. That's what happens when you are a succesful club - you pick up new fans.28,000 yesterday - another capacity crowd.

And Tan, for all his (very serious) faults has accepted responsible for our debt. He's aready wiped out a large part of it and will very shortly be converting the rest to equity so we'll be debt free.

How's the season going btw? And congratulations on turning this into yet another Cardiff thread :)

The thing is that if we were in the premier league fans probably wouldn't care diddly squat what colour sweat shirt the manager was wearing on match days.

Get to the premier league and they probably wouldn't care what colour shirts the team were wearing!

It has been an almighty balls-up.

However, I think he's tried his best.

Regarding the debt I just wish he'd come out and say "whilst it's not a gift I have put it into contract that repayments cannot start until club profits are £x and on favourable terms."

I am by no means an authority on average age/ appearances etc, but am under the impression it is more to do with experience than age. Eg, Flint is, what, 24 (?) but has only one season's experience in league football. Is that right? Maloney, what's he, similar age? But how many full seasons? And how many of those in a successful team? Cunningham the same question. JEt, too. Even Baldock: when was his last 40 plus games season? Was it in a team in the top half of the table. Fielding played 40 games? How often? Pack? Reid and Bryan I know don't have age or experience. Wagstaff had a promotion with Charlton, not sure how many games.

Clearly, experience was identified as needed and Shorey and O Conner arrive.

1800 games, Ralphie says. So, divided by 11 that is, er, less than 180 games each. Something like 3 season's experience each, on average. But is that 40 plus games, or in and out of the team? Was it a winning team, a mid table team, or a struggling team? Too many simplistic stats on here, not enough detail.

Now that's a thought provoking post.

Maybe otib should develop a weighted formula. We could take into account age, appearances, length of career, success ratio, quality of previous club. The starting line up total, and a comparison with the opposition, would tell us whether we should win lose or draw.

Or we could just friggin say, notwithstanding historical financial mismanagement, SOD's signings nevertheless still earn more here than they would at three quarters of the other clubs in this division, so when are we going to start winning matches.

Dad may not be on the board anymore but where do you think he gets his dividend from???? Because, unless things have changed, he has nearly a 20% interest in the company. Another member of the forum that speaks before he thinks!!!!!

Obviously the dividend stream is nice, but I think it would be fair to say Steve doesn't have the same degree of control, for many reasons, at Hargreaves Lansdown as at BCFC, which was the posters main point, so I am awarding you nil points for living up to your user name. :)

another sad one

It may not have been the funniest one liner in the world but responding to a flippant comment and even a nice smily face to prove it, with those words, strikes me as itself a bit sad tbh. Have a great evening.

you need to get a life

And what part of this is wrong. I have a nice life thanks :)

Edit if I need to get a life, god knows what you need, I mean really, replying to someone who needs to get a life! Surely I am so far beneath you I am not worth replying to? ;)

Dad may not be on the board anymore but where do you think he gets his dividend from???? Because, unless things have changed, he has nearly a 20% interest in the company. Another member of the forum that speaks before he thinks!!!!!

Hmm I have a percentage in a company. Doesn't mean I have a say in who is hired!

As much as Steve Lansdown has made decisions for the good of the club im kind of nearer the "give someone else a go" camp. Not only the debt but taking Ashton Gate from the club has irked me and to really piss me off by having the Egg chasers move in with us.

But then one thing i do nOT want is foreign ownership no matter what money they have

Hi Les, just seen this. Was using EMB's figures.

The best I can muster at this stage as am ravaged by fever is an appearance break down per player vs Swindon

Frank Fielding 177 apps inc 76 for Derby in the Champs

Derrick Williams 5 inc 1 for Aston Villa

Aden Flint 76+ inc 60+ for Swindon

James O'Connor 329 inc circa 120 for Donny in the Champs and around the same for Bournemouth/Donny in this league

Brendan Moloney 81 inc c 42 for Forest

Scott Wagstaff 130+ inc 100ish for Charlton at this level

Marlon Pack 160ish inc 120ish for Cheltenham at L2

Nickey Shorey 450 ish including multiple prem appearances for Reading, West Brom, Villa and Fulham

Marvin Elliot c 350 inc 144 for Milwalll inc 4 seasons in Champs and FA CUP Final.

Sam Baldock 160ish inc 100 for MK Dons at this level

JET 115 ish including around 100ish in the champs for Ipswich, Cardiff, Donny and Blackpool

Hope that helps you some towards your answers. If it helps stats were from Soccerbase, Wiki and Espn ( and Ive not counted everything hence the ish or circas). Basically the only players not 'experienced' at this level or higher from the starting XI vs Swindon are Williams and Pack. As I originally asserted, aside from Williams, everyone has made circa 80 first team appearances or above. Cheers.

As for the rest of your questions, DIY, and that's purely because Im not very well, rather than being rude about it, soz

.....put like that it doesn't say a lot for SOD's managerial skills. Surely SOD can get more out of our players given their experience ???????!!!!!!

Archived