IGNORED

Robin Hulbert

PhatWill

England youth international, good passer, good discipline, good attitude when on the field, tackles, gets up and down the pitch, not injury prone.

Why hasn't he figured in DW's plans at all?

Picked up for £25,000 after we helped Swindon out when they were up sh(1)t creek...Came with a fairly good reputation and looked a bargain.

Looked useful in this seasons pre-season friendlies.

As someone said early, I reckon he has a lot more skill/potential than Joe Burnell. Hulbert's still only 23!

England youth international, good passer, good discipline, good attitude when on the field, tackles, gets up and down the pitch, not injury prone.

Why hasn't he figured in DW's plans at all?

Picked up for £25,000 after we helped Swindon out when they were up sh(1)t creek...Came with a fairly good reputation and looked a bargain.

Looked useful in this seasons pre-season friendlies.

As someone said early, I reckon he has a lot more skill/potential than Joe Burnell. Hulbert's still only 23!

Agree with everything you say, but as i put on another thread, he is going to a conference club so he obviously isnt good enough for BCFC or DW the latter i belive to be the main reason behind him leaving.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

he was just a average midfielder, he never stuck out, for good reasons or bad - He just played his game.

Burnell is twuce the player Hulbert is.

That said it is sad to see him leave

The problem with Hulbert as I understand it was that he consistantly failed to stick to the game plan implemented by Wilson.In simple terms Hulbert couldn't/wouldn't follow his intructions when playing in the 1st team.

Obviously that didn't go down very well with Wilson - and now Hulbert is leaving the club.

Clist won't be far behind either....

"Burnell is twuce the player Hulbert is."

You must be joking mate!

Hulbert is a class act and I don't know why he wasn't snapped up by a club bigger than Telford, in my view Hulbert is better than Doherty aswell, Hulbert stood out in pre-season (including the games at Team Bath etc.) as the best player and Barlow obviously rated him by starting him in all them games, Wilson just seemed to have something against him, as Robbored said I think he just didn't play to the gameplan like Burnell does.

Hulbert is out of Burnell's league by a million miles (but then again so's my nan!)

You must be joking mate!

Hulbert is a class act and I don't know why he wasn't snapped up by a club bigger than Telford, in my view Hulbert is better than Doherty aswell, Hulbert stood out in pre-season (including the games at Team Bath etc.) as the best player and Barlow obviously rated him by starting him in all them games, Wilson just seemed to have something against him, as Robbored said I think he just didn't play to the gameplan like Burnell does.

Hulbert is out of Burnell's league by a million miles (but then again so's my nan!)

Thats very VERY harsh..... i rate Hulbert very much indeed and feel he's going to wasted at Telford but I'm not sure i prefer him above Burnell, most under rated player at our club and he most certaintly deserves his place in the first team line up. However we got the result without him or Doherty last week. :Confused13:

In the last few years Danny has let go a number of players from AG and people could have said similar about them- Odejayi, Meechan, Spencer, Andrew Jordan- to date none of those that have left have doen anything to prove Danny was wrong.

He works with the players day in day out and I for one back his judgement.

Wilson hasn't been wrong yet when he has let players leave our club, I have seen nothing in Hulbert to suggest he will be proved wrong this time, he and Clist are not better than Burnell, Doherty and Tinman, and in my opinion have to go.

Why pay these people to sit in the stands for 2 years, this must be part of the reason football clubs lose so much money every year, you wouldn't have five people stood around in the work place for a couple of years doing sod all and expect to keep a company running at a profit, so why do football clubs continue to employ 20-40 players when all they can play is 11 with 5 subs, madness! :Confused13:

He is better than Conference and on a Free I'm very surprised the Gas haven't shown any interest. If he had gone to Cheltenham he would have played for three Robin's in a row!!

Hulbert is a class lad, maybe stagnated over the last couple of years.

I hope he is the first to prove Danny wrong.

Good luck Robin.

I dont think Hulbert and Clist are better than Burnell, Docs, Tinnion etc... but i DO think Hulbert is better than the conference.

I remeber him coming on for City against Leed's, Watford, Southampton and he gave 110%. I also believe he's a much better all round player than Simon Clist!!

Do they want him aswell??!! :clap:

I don't dislike Hulbert, but to be honest as said above, Danny works with the team day in day out so he should know best.

Hulbert's not going to get a new contract at the end of the season, neither is Clist, so making them available for nothing was probably the best move on the clubs behalf. At least there we're more likely to get both players off of the wage bill this way.

Won't lose much sleep over him going, at the end of the day it's a football club what do you expect.

Hope he does well.

Guest Old Dazzler

I will be sorry to see Robin go, his attitude always seemed spot-on and he was a good passer of the ball and a decent tackler. I think that he was Fawthrop's only money signing.

Someone mentioned that he was injury free, but I actually think that he was injury-prone and this has definitely hampered his progress. In wilson's 1st season Robin was a first choice fro many games until he had a nasty injury that sidelined him and he has arguably never really recovered from that, and just when DW has seen fit to give him a decent run he seemed to get injured again. I remember him playing a great game against Reading at AG when we won 4-0 (most remembered for the horiffic injury to Danni Rodrigues), and he with a combination of Clist, Tins and Aaron Brown formed a decent midfield when we went on a pretty good run in 2000/1.

But following the injury he seemed to struggle for confidence and the glimpses of Tinnion like playmaking (I remember at this time he had the ability to get Scotty into play) seemed to disappear.

The few games he has played over the last year or so have been disappointing, but he, and I, would argue that he never really had a chance. His major weakness was the lack of ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck, and a tendency to become anonymous at times (and lets face it, we've got plenty of those) and danny always expects his pound of flesh when it comes to central midfielders weighing in with 9 or 10 goals a season! And we are not aware of a glut of league clubs knocking on DW's door, which probably says a lot.

But, if he is off, I wish him all the best, and would love to see him back in league football before too long.

Guest Tins4Gaffer

You ###### lunatic!! I cannot believe what I've just read!!

Burnell is certainly not league standard and maybe not even conference standard to be honest.. Hulbert was almost ever-present in Div1 for Swindon and a good prospect.. every time Hulberts played he has effected the game ALOT more than Burnell.. Hulbert is so positive and unhesitant.. he is a far far far better player than Joe the Joke! :Rage:

Archived