IGNORED

It Could Be Worse!

Southport Red

Just saw this on the Gas forum.

Not knocking the Gas but I think the quote sums up the experience for the majority of football fans outside the Premiership. I love this because of the passion, the rage and the sheer sense of unbelieving hopelessness.

Enjoy.

When you start a game with ONE recognised striker at home, and 5 midfielders none of which can hit a cows arse with a banjo, and behind them a centre half who has been not very good this season, then add to this that the ball is in the air most of the time. How do you expect to win?

Just saw this on the Gas forum.

Not knocking the Gas but I think the quote sums up the experience for the majority of football fans outside the Premier League. I love this because of the passion, the rage and the sheer sense of unbelieving hopelessness.

Enjoy.

When you start a game with ONE recognised striker at home, and 5 midfielders none of which can hit a cows arse with a banjo, and behind them a centre half who has been not very good this season, then add to this that the ball is in the air most of the time. How do you expect to win?

I feel his pain

:rofl2br:

They did alright with that pigeon-fancier, Gerry Francis, with that approach. Ungrateful, forgetful supporters everywhere it would seem...

Was chatting to a gashead in work yesterday about the Jordan and Francis eras. Both Bristol clubs being managed by big names of British football, getting promoted to the 2nd teir of English football. Fast forward 24 years and we're both in the bottom 5 of divisions 3 & 4.

Pretty depressing stuff innit.

Think we've had a moment or two, since then, Glyn. We both been to Anfield, actually. They lost, we won!

A fleeting glimpse of what might have been.

Still, Crewe next league game, onwards and sideways.

Glyn, I've got to say, you need a hand with this: a "fleeting glimpse" for them. We won!

I know mate was there and a bloody good day it was too!

It was, of course, a fleeting glimpse at maybe playing their like on a more regular basis again. Still Tranmere is close.

I know, Glyn. Just doing me bit to keep our spirits up. Or trying to! It is coming, it really is. Someone's going to take one hell of a beating. We're playing another basement rubbish next, aren't we?

Yep, Wembley here we come. Do you reckon TC's headline in the post wil be replicated?

"Proud Sean weeps tears of Joy"

Archived