IGNORED

Kick Racism Out Of Football

Guest pogue mahone

Guest WillsbridgeRed

So sinister the pages don't exist :clap:

Page Not Found.

This might be because you typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling ensuring that it does not contain capital letters or spaces.

It is possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Please click the back button to try another link.

Or

Visit the BBC News Home Page.

Can some copy it on 2 here?

Guest lydneyred

Link does work, and whilst it doesn't really surprise me to read that, it is a shame that kids this young are involved in this.....allegedly.

Frightening stuff.

Proves that not enough is being done at grass roots level.

However, if kids this young are involved, it comes down to what they obviously learn at home. Makes it even more frightening really. :clap:

Guest pogue mahone

for WR

Police are investigating after an Under-16 football club claimed their players were threatened and one was racially abused during a juniors' fixture.

Carmarthen-based Johnstown Juniors FC alleges its players and officials were intimidated during an away game against Llanelli AFC's Under 16 side.

The team has lodged a complaint with its governing football bodies, and that has been passed on to Dyfed-Powys Police.

The force sponsors Carmarthenshire's junior football. A spokeswoman said: "We've got a lot of people to speak to."

Johnstown Juniors claims its youngster were left scared for their safety after a group of Llanelli supporters and team officials invaded the pitch after a Johnstown player put in a hard tackle early in the game last Saturday.

Our reserve players refused to go on the pitch because they were too scared

Johnstown Juniors' insider

It is claimed an Asian player was surrounded and abused by the group which then moved across the pitch and abused a Johnstown Juniors' manager.

The game, at Llanelli's Penygaer playing fields, continued, but Johnstown Juniors alleges their players and match delegation suffered repeated verbal and racial abuse until the match ended.

An insider said: "It was extremely intimidating because we were such a small number.

"Our reserve players refused to go on the pitch because they were too scared, so we had to play the original 11 although some of them should have come off."

'Nasty incidents'

Johnstown Juniors has nine youth football teams - from Under 9s to the Under 16s.

Phil Grice, a senior manager at the club, said: "I don't want to say anything that is going to prejudice the proper investigation of this, but I can confirm that some very nasty incidents took place in this match.

"The league and the police are investigating these incidents and Johnstown Juniors FC and its officials and players will give full support to those making these investigations. We look forward to the outcome."

A report on the game has been sent to West Wales Football Association and the Carmarthenshire Association Football League.

Dyfed-Powys Police sponsors the junior section of the Carmarthenshire league.

Hugh Rees, secretary of the section, said: "I have received a report into the game but I can't comment on it."

No-one from Llanelli AFC or West Wales FA was available for comment.

A spokeswoman for Dyfed-Powys Police said: "We have received a complaint about a football match and we will investigate it."

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Thanks lads. Call me controversial but I'm not suprised this happend in South Wales, and as someone has already said - This must be something they learnt at home, grown up with I suppose.

Which leads me to my point. I think Racism is a society problem and not a football one, although I think the game has played an important part in changing peoples outlook on race issues.

The amount of people that watch football is so huge of course you will get people from the bigoted minority at games. Apart from banning people that actually cross the line clubs can do little else.

But despite all this Football is still made to sound racist, "Not enough Asians" is always touted about - Well maybe they don't want to watch football at a game? Football is a massive part of white male culture, always has been and always will be. It's not like it's a closed shop - Arsenal have a very varied support, even their Hooligan following was always full of different nationalities!

It's also not like clubs don't make an effort - Rovers recently gave out thousands of tickets in St Pauls, they take up was shocking so I've been told. The demand just isn't there.

Maybe if kids were better educated about tolerance ect in schools then racism would dissapear

We had a young black lad called a "Monkey" (sorry if that's libellous? :clap: ) in a game last season, unfortunately he flipped (or fotunately) and ended up getting half a year ban for kicking and punching this kid in, along with telling the referee to "###### off" in frustration.

This white lad got a 3 game ban, and in my opinion, doesn't deserve to ever play football again. :clap:

Archived