IGNORED

England V Poles Match Thread

Super

Not just a win but a really good attacking display, at last playing to our strengths.

Very refreshing.  A bloody good old fashioned, high tempo game of football.

We'll never see the like again!

Both sets of fans will be happy. England have qualified and Ukraine haven't.

That doesn't matter unfortunately mate.

Anyway, this game should make headlines for only one reason.

We know we won't win the World Cup, and draw dependant we may not even get out of the group stages, however I'd love to see England play like that from the off. Taking the game to the opposition and Playing to our strengths is the way to go, could upset a couple of the bigger nations.

Congratulations England, I didn't get to see most of the game as I was on my way to work after half time.

The Polish supporters should be ashamed at whistling through the British National Anthem.

It doesn't matter what the words are. but the anthem is a symbol of all that the British are proud of, and like "Poland is not yet lost" (The English translation of the Polish Anthem), It  And all countries anthems should be respected.

So all I can say is You have now.

Haven't we been through this before, unless it's changed recently I'm sure it was all stations to the lands end time displacement vortex and then non stop express to Rio.

Bar will be open from Azores onwards.

Toilets available to serving police officers only.

And only if they've shaved recently and haven't forgotten their truncheon.

It's the law you know.

Sorry the shock of England winning has made me loopy. :shutup:

Him or Welbeck.

My 10 year old was complaining that he couldn't tell Welbeck and Sturridge apart because they have the same colour skin and the same haircut.  I suggested that you could tell Sturridge as he was left footed.  That didn't work, so I suggested that Welbeck was the one who ran around whilst Sturridge walked around. That worked.  

Sturridge is not as good as he thinks he is.  Welbeck on the other hand may have missed a few, but he was important as he dragged their right back all over the place leaving acres of space for Baines to do what he does best.  I like what Woy is doing on that side of the pitch. When we have to defend Welbeck does that brilliantly.  He contributes in attack and defence and is an important cog in the side.  

Just an idle thought. International games used to be played Saturday afternoons and Wednesday nights. Why were they moved to Friday & Tuesday nights? Is it so that hoteliers can make money out of fans forced to spend a Friday night in London?

I bore witness to quite a bizarre moment last night.

I was behind the goal where Gerrard scored (I have actually managed to capture the goal on my iphone but not sure if rules allow me to post it etc) - anyway -

So there were Poles everywhere. Not just in their end but in ours too, there were about 4 in front of me, 4 in a row behind and elsewhere.

They kept standing up in front of everyone to wave Poland flags.

There was a guy (wearing a West Ham shirt) with his mate who said "I'm starting to lose my sh*t with these fking Poles. If they keep standing up with these flags we'll have them"

This Hammer and his mate would have to be mid sixties I reckon.

Anyway Gerrard scores near the end, its all a melee, people out of their seats etc.

I look across and a Polish kid has jumped on a seat, waved his flag and these guys have jumped on him, have him on the floor hitting him then take his shoes off and chuck them at least 10 rows back into the crowd.

Everyone is then leaving and all I can see is a Poles heading back to see where their shoes are.....

Quite bizarre.

their own fault, ask leeds fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an idle thought. International games used to be played Saturday afternoons and Wednesday nights. Why were they moved to Friday & Tuesday nights? Is it so that hoteliers can make money out of fans forced to spend a Friday night in London?

More likely so that players have an extra day to recover before playing for their clubs on next Saturday.

ITV have X factor on a Saturday and BBC have strictly. In the afternoon all fans of L1 and below clubs are at their games. Unfortunately it's all about ratings and fitting in with the current schedule.   

Archived