IGNORED

England U21's

phantom

• Admin

I was wondering why it is that it has been so long since the U21's have played at AG8.

I know in the past the FA dreamt up this crazy rule that the game had to be played within a certain distance of where the full squad were playing, but that has clearly gone out of the window now we are back at Wembley again.

I was looking at the U21 fixtures to see where and when we would be playing against Wales. 

At the moment the home (05/03/14) and away (19/05/14) fixtures don't have a venue decided.

Would expect the away fixture to be played at Cardiff, as it was a few years ago - which was an entertaining evening and a decent following of English supporters over there.

But surely the FA could see the benefits of playing this fixture in Bristol?

They seem to like allowing a high number of away supporters attend the game so what better opporunity than to play the home match at AG8?

Not sure whether it is like cricket and the home team have to "bid" for the fixture of the FA literally chose everything?

Either way surely it is time to get Bristol back on the map and someone from within our club to start knocking on a few doors at the FA

I am looking to go Wales away but hoping it's at Llanelli as been Cardiff & Swansea. They have played a few under 21 games in Llanelli as hopefully this one too!

last two games have been Bangor for Wales,great surface, awful to get to for the bulk of welsh supporters, ironically not that bad for North west England supporters.

personally i hope its AG and Cardiff

i then have a decent chance to get to both

1st and second in the table by the way !

Archived