IGNORED

Brian Tinnions Future

bcfcchris2016

I have a feeling that Danny started the season thinking that he would play Brian in selected games, depending on the oppostion. But such has been his form and his attitude that he's been impossible to leave out. As long as he continues to play like he has been, his age should be irrelevant.

Sheringham is still playing in the prem and he's 37 (ish). It all depends on the players. Tins is one of the fittest players at the club, so he won't be retiring because his fitness levels have dropped (well not quite yet anyway).

If Brian thinks that he can still go on for another 2 or 3 years, and so do the club, then he will. Any potential retirement plans could also depend on which division we start in next season.

It might seem the dream ticket, but when he retires I would not want him to become Manager. When we hit a run of poor results, the Gate would resound to the chants of "Tinnion must go"! which I for one, do not wish to hear. :clap:

The reason most players struggle when they reach mid 30s is loss of pace and fitness rather than form.

Well Brian's shown he's lost none of his fitness and he never had any pace in the first place. So I see no reason why he can't play on effectively for another couple of seasons.

Archived