IGNORED

The Official City V Nylons Match Thread

Aizoon

OK, but a championship midfielder who has made 18 appearances ,albeit at 35, should still be walking straight into this side.

May be, just may be a player who joined us at midday today might not be a logical starter?

He'd hardly know his team mates' names, let alone their pluses and minuses.

Yeah you would have thought so. Strange thinking from SC tonight. Hope it works though.

Cotterill would have worked with the team for the last couple of days, Wade Elliott only signed early afternoon so would not have worked at our system. Will be in on Saturday i would imagine along with Reid and JET. Having seen Brentford's pitch on Friday night it was really heavy and bobbly, not a pitch where JET and Reid would be at there best on but i do agree it is a big risk.

I'm going to give the opposite opinion to the majority of the posters. I think this is a good team selection!

Although I rate JET, this doesn't mean I feel he has to be selected for each game. Even top teams in the Premiership rotate players and operate on the. " horses for courses" principle. IMO, in this game, City need to be able to break at speed from defence. A lot of posters seem to have forgotten Barnet's performance earlier in the season and have dismissed him as a good player. To me he is the ideal player for this sort of game on a heavy pitch.

can i turn the sound up again now? that bloody dirge in the background was quickly driving me insane !!!

Same on Saturday, RB always have the Rovers' commentator on when that Hellish cacophany is on in the background. :grr:

I'm going to give the opposite opinion to the majority of the posters. I think this is a good team selection!

Although I rate JET, this doesn't mean I feel he has to be selected for each game. Even top teams in the Premier League rotate players and operate on the. " horses for courses" principle. IMO, in this game, City need to be able to break at speed from defence. A lot of posters seem to have forgotten Barnet's performance earlier in the season and have dismissed him as a good player. To me he is the ideal player for this sort of game on a heavy pitch.

I'm with pongo. I think it may be somewhat agricultural but the team probably matches the conditions and could pull it out the bag. 

Brentford fans on another forum said if we tried to play passing from the back we'll quickly come unstuck due to the state of the pitch. Going for a more direct physical approach to this game is logical. It doesn't mean this will be the way we play from now on. Nice to be able to mix it up in different conditions.

I think the clues for his line up are in his pre match comment.

Two games a week = necessary squad rotation

Sc commented he would settle for a scrappy draw, so perhaps the starting line up is geared tpwards that. Disrupting the midfield play and defending in numbers, so | defensive minded set up. The bench gives him an option to change that late in the game :pacifier:

Guest EDoubleD

Osborne RWB is a complete mystery, but playing Barnett to rest jet for the weekend could work. Tonight's a bit of a nothing game. He plays on a sh!t pitch he could be injured for the big game on Saturday.

Archived