IGNORED

Famous Fans

gater2

I can think of:

Marcus Trescothick

Tony Robinson

John Cleese (not sure he's a diehard, but i remember he said he's been to a few games?

Marcus Stewart

Jonathan Pearce

Wurzels (not exactally famous, but I can't think of any more :P )

Anyone think/know of any more?

Lenny Lottery

Domonic Mohan

Who?

Cleese is deffo City, from W-S-M and went to school at Clifton Cllege. Is reported to have opened the bowling in a School v Old Boys match by goose-stepping to the wicket. I believe he recently said in an Interview (the questionner asked if he found it easier living in the USA because he was recognised less) that it was like being Bristol City whereas in the Uk it was more like Newcastle United.

Guest The Clevedon and Romford Vessel

People have forgotten Massive Attack- but again whether they are real "fans" or not, who knows?

Check out the CD cover for any massive Attack album and 3D always say a big thanks to City.

All those dark and moody anthems, where ever can he get his inspiration from.... yep he must be a season ticket holder in the Williams!

Massive Attack Rock................ :clap::clap::clap:

Gas head unfortunatley

Tis true, Roni Size (uncool real name Ryan Williams) claims to be a Rovers fan for the street cred (ha!), a bit like Chris Moyles who discovered his alliegence to Leeds when football became 'fashionable'. To$$ers.

Delj (3D) famously wore a City shirt onstage at Wembley Arena in the early 90's. The first City appearance at Wembley since '87! Also as someone said, Bristol City FC always appear in Massive's album credits.

No he doesn't. just checked in my Protection CD and no mention of City from 3D in there.

Are you sure?

I will have to have a look at mine when I get home but I'm sure it's in there :clap::clap:

All those dark and moody anthems, where ever can he get his inspiration from.... yep he must be a season ticket holder in the Williams!

Sorry to let the facts spoil a good joke, but he has a season ticket just in front of me in the Dolman :clap:

Cleese is a definitely City fan.

Sadly Charlie Dimmock isn't and the rumour stems from a stunt we pulled at The Sun! A few years back there was a charity event where people donated money to charity to wear their football shirt to work. The Sun backed it and we arranged to do pics of celebs in footie shirts. As there are plenty of Cidereds at The Sun, we hijacked the event by getting stars like Chris Evans and Charlie Dimmock to pose in our City shirts. :Cool13:

Cleese is a definitely City fan.

Sadly Charlie Dimmock isn't and the rumour stems from a stunt we pulled at The Sun! A few years back there was a charity event where people donated money to charity to wear their football shirt to work. The Sun backed it and we arranged to do pics of celebs in footie shirts. As there are plenty of Cidereds at The Sun, we hijacked the event by getting stars like Chris Evans and Charlie Dimmock to pose in our City shirts.  :Cool13:

I'm not sure Evans would even make it into a B list of stars these days.

Charlie would be a DD shame about the boat race.

Try Blue Lines then :clap:

Do you think 3D reads the City Forum?

- If he does top work fela and how about releasing a live album from the queens square gig!

He may even be a regular poster under a different name?? Using the 'bcfcchris2004' as a cunning disguise?

:clap::clap:

Amen to that. What a fab evening that twas... <sighs>

Best Gig I have ever been to - I have a boot leg version of the same set but in Holland. I would love a Queens Square version though

Guest KingswoodRed
jenny agutter(saucy cow) joe durie, all the above

No way is Jenny Agutter a City fan?

That will so make that scene in 'American Werewolf In London' mean sooooooo much more now !!

It meant a lot in the first place I have to say :)

Who?

I feel qualified to shed some light on this. Sadly Sir Lenny, The Sun's lottery correspondent famous for his red and white suit and stunning good looks which attracted legions of stunning female fans, died a few years ago by walking into the sea while in Tenerife (his obit was in the Telegraph). Thus, strictly speaking since he is dead it might be hard to argue he is still a fan unless he is sitting in that big Dolman Stand in the sky.

Dominic Mohan is not dead, though critics of his column might wish he were. He still goes to games.

Archived