IGNORED

Positives From Yesterday :)

You Do The Dziekanowski

Instead of the 'We're terrible' 'We're going down' 'I hate the club' threads and posts how about a bit of a positive one

I'll start off

Again as with the last couple of goals ee have conceded you can't pin the blame on a defender and as a unit they look a lot more solid

Cunningham seems to enjoy it LM and has been our best midfielder in recent games. Offers defence and gets forward well

Our midfield seemed to have more fight and determination in it (CM's that is) I can't remember a tranmere player having all the time in the world in the centre circle

We look a threat in the air for the first time in ages

So if we had a bit more creativity in midfield I feel we would've won comfortably

The foundations are there and hopefully it was just an off game for JET Pack and Elliott creative wise

COYR

Funny how people see things differently , i thought he was our biggest threat with his passing ,

think Cotts obviously targetted there left back 1st half, Pack told to hit it over the top to Baldock

and it worked too. 2nd half  Tranmere got a lot closer to Pack and that's were maybe he

needs to up his game ....improving all the time though

Funny how people see things differently , i thought he was our biggest threat with his passing ,

think Cotts obviously targetted there left back 1st half, Pack told to hit it over the top to Baldock

and it worked too. 2nd half Tranmere got a lot closer to Pack and that's were maybe he

needs to up his game ....improving all the time though

I just thought he lacked that killer pass that he produced for the Baldock goal in the second half. He tried to be safe instead of moving the ball quickly

A little criticism as he did more attacking passing than Elliott did. The main problem was a lack of options

Positives from yesterday,

saw the Strypes at the Bierkeller and they were brilliant.

Pressure tested my new engine for the Lammy and it's good and ready for rebuild.

The chip shop was still open on the way home.

Oh , and we  didn't lose ! 

I just thought he lacked that killer pass that he produced for the Baldock goal in the second half. He tried to be safe instead of moving the ball quickly

A little criticism as he did more attacking passing than Elliott did. The main problem was a lack of options

Agreed that the lack of options are our biggest worry at the mo.....

Guest SaltfordRed

Thought Pack and Wade Elliot were good, as was Baldock. We were by no means great, but I've seen us play a lot worse. I felt like we were dangerous going forward, and would've won it if it wasn't for a wonder goal at the end.

Thought Pack and Wade Elliot were good, as was Baldock. We were by no means great, but I've seen us play a lot worse. I felt like we were dangerous going forward, and would've won it if it wasn't for a wonder goal at the end.

Both there goals were good finishes. I thought we were unlucky. Just needed that something special in the final third

Win a telly through his belly was the stand out moment. That kid clearly too young (7 years old?) physically to get the ball off the ground but he kept going! Two footed he just kept kicking away, must have had 20-30 attempts. His very last kick, steady's himself and dinks it through! 

Dave L time>>>Fergie time

Also Williams continuing to impress, young player of the year?

Win a telly through his belly was the stand out moment. That kid clearly too young (7 years old?) physically to get the ball off the ground but he kept going! Two footed he just kept kicking away, must have had 20-30 attempts. His very last kick, steady's himself and dinks it through!

Dave L time>>>Fergie time

Also Williams continuing to impress, young player of the year?

I would say Cunningham has been better but Williams has been consistent throughout, Difficult one to chose

Another positive! Considering we're a shower of shite we have players who have been really good this season

I saw it different. Time and time again we allowed their players to run through us before an attempted challenge was made. Their number 4 (cb) and number 8 (cm) especially. This allowed them to play and provided them with the opportunities to score. We just always seem to back off. A big reason as to why we concede many. We need to get stuck in, win second balls and not give opposition a chance. This just does not happen and is frustrating to watch.

He did.

He's had his detractors but technically I rate Williams and Osbourne as being our best defenders.

I agree, I like Williams at full-back because he's a decent footballer as well as a good defender. Got forward and won some free kicks in dangerous areas. Awful at shooting though, luckily his big chance was with his head.

Guest SaltfordRed

He did.

He's had his detractors but technically I rate Williams and Osbourne as being our best defenders.

I agree. And in my opinion our best back 4 would be these 2 at centre half, Cunningham at LB and Moloney RB.

Thought cunningham was abysmal and apart from one surging run when he was fouled just looked uncomfortable in that position and seemed in a dream during the 1st half.

No one seems to have picked up on moores poor anticipation of the first goal, if he'd held his position he should at least have been able to parry or tip over the shot.

Couldn't honestly see any positives. 

Thought cunningham was abysmal and apart from one surging run when he was fouled just looked uncomfortable in that position and seemed in a dream during the 1st half.

No one seems to have picked up on moores poor anticipation of the first goal, if he'd held his position he should at least have been able to parry or tip over the shot.

Couldn't honestly see any positives.

You can't fault the keeper for either goal

he's belted it from close range high into the roof of the net. He'd have to have reactions like a ninja to save it.

Second one was a top quality finish. Probably more luck though hit and hope but it went in

he's belted it from close range high into the roof of the net. He'd have to have reactions like a ninja to save it.

Second one was a top quality finish. Probably more luck though hit and hope but it went in

Koumas is quality at this level, and I strongly suspect the wind helped his strike - as it clearly did Baldock's.

Watch it again and freeze it, he was already down before the shot was halfway there.

If he'd stood his ground it would have hit him.

Watch it again and freeze it, he was already down before the shot was halfway there.

I still don't expect him to save it. It was a good finish with power. Many keepers would struggle with it as they would expect him to go low

If he went low and Moore stayed still he would get slaughtered on here for getting beat at his near post easily

I'd put much more blame on Flint who dived in and gave their guy a free shot on goal...

Perhaps Moore should have stood up more but the finish reminded me a bit of that Giggs goal against David Seaman. Not exactly a massive error.

I'd put much more blame on Flint who dived in and gave their guy a free shot on goal...

Perhaps Moore should have stood up more but the finish reminded me a bit of that Giggs goal against David Seaman. Not exactly a massive error.

You are right about flint, but moore generally hasn't been over impressive since his arrival. 

You are right about flint, but moore generally hasn't been over impressive since his arrival. 

He is an improvement over Parish. Similar shot stopping ability but much better on crosses and commanding the box (apart from the Orient game).

Overall not a big area of concern.

This I can't argue with although Osbourne had a poor game and - unusually - was probably our worst defender in that game.

Particularly in the first half, but then again he had JET in front of him for that time who offered no cover or help. Looked much better after the break with Wes on and JET elsewhere. (This is not me knocking JET btw - he'd always be in my team, just not where SC put him in the first half).

Archived