IGNORED

Where Will The Goals Come From?

pongo88

Implement a system that deploys only those who've already scored before; ignoring the goalkeeper (though I believe Fielding has an assist) you can make a full starting-11 I believe.

Cards on the table; this may just be my attempt to get us to drop El Abd.  But then if the shoe fits...   :shifty:

Goals ain't the problem. There is only a few games this season we haven't scored.

Discipline at the back is a greater concern for me.

Agreed, defence is schoolboy standard and needs serious attention,

along with the midfield chucking in the odd ball winning tackle we might keep the occasional clean sheet !

• Admin

Wes Burns, give him a run in the team.

Can't see it, his game is about his pace, and not sure he has ever been that prolific infront of goal?

Even his time at FGR was uninspiring after scoring on his debut.

Reckon he may yet develop into a decent wide player, but needs more to his game than at present as he is very easy to predict what he will do with the ball

Goals ain't the problem. There is only a few games this season we haven't scored.

Discipline at the back is a greater concern for me.

True we've scored in most matches, but the second highest scorer (JET) has stopped scoring and the only two midfield players who look like scoring are injured. The rest of the team are not going to save us with a flurry of goals unless something drastic changes.

True we've scored in most matches, but the second highest scorer (JET) has stopped scoring and the only two midfield players who look like scoring are injured. The rest of the team are not going to save us with a flurry of goals unless something drastic changes.

Have no worries, Pearo is back !  Usually chips in with a few so there you gp, problem sorted.

I'm more worried about - presuming we stay up - where the goals are coming from NEXT season.

IF we stay up, it will be thanks to JET and Baldock JUST ABOUT covering the arses of our useless defence and powder puff midfield, and I'd expect both to leave in the summer even if we stay up.

So even the thought of staying up worries me!

We only have three strikers, one appears to be out of touch with a football, one has forgotten how to score and does little else anyway and the other runs his heart out, chips in with a good ratio but doesn't help in keeping the ball in the opposition half.

I believe we are doomed, unless JET rediscovers a bit of form, or we make a couple of really good emergency loan signings.

I've just tried this out on a Subbuteo pitch - you're right!

Surely it depends on the opposition?

I just tried it out versus Coventry city '78 (that admiral kit) and it never happened. AND that was on the astro pitch with working floodlights.

Archived