IGNORED

Is Jet Pregnant?

Tosey

A post slagging off JET!? What an extremely rare occurance.

Some of the posts on this thread are absolute embarrassing. I can only assume that some don't understand the game.

We are in league one. We are not going to have the complete player for 90mins, every match, every week. Seriously why the **** are people judging JET on his defensive duties every week? He was bought to the club as an attacking player and he has more than contributed in this sense.

I despair.

But he also isn't this saviour people make him out to be!

People target JET, when we go through tough phases in a game.

Swindle clearly watched how much time he got given on the ball at Shrewsbury, and counter acted the threat of him, by doubling up on him.

It's clear as day. But even when JET has 4 people kicking at his ankles, and has his back to goal, not shooting isn't good enough for some people.

But he also isn't this saviour people make him out to be!

Maybe not but it's become fashionable to beat him any stick going.

The bloke put in a decent defensive shift on Tuesday at posh when we needed it. In fact he battled and gave everything up top on his own whilst being man handled every minute.

Why do we need him to put in a defensive shift in home games? Granted second half he was sloppy as **** today in an attacking sense but it wasn't all down to him. A lot of others decision making and composure left a lot to be desired in the final third today.

If JET doesn't have a blinder then people are quick to come out with rubbish like 'he's lazy' or even worse 'doesn't care' etc etc. Of course failing to acknowledge the other good things he does. For instance today, mainly in the first half won some good flick ons and held the ball up. I think some would rather he be chasing the opposing full back all the way back to our own box though.

Apparently you aren't able to say Jay had a poor game.

Because he was in sensational form in the first half of the season it's been decreed that he's only ever good, very good or at very worse, average.

That's the law apparently.

Anyway, I've never liked rules, so I'll say again I thought he was below par today - not horrendous but very sloppy at times and he faded badly at the end. I'd have said taking him off wouldn't have been a bad thing but his long throws were useful right at the end. Anyone else do them on our team?

Apparently you aren't able to say Jay had a poor game.

Because he was in sensational form in the first half of the season it's been decreed that he's only ever good, very good or at very worse, average.

That's the law apparently.

Anyway, I've never liked rules, so I'll say again I thought he was below par today - not horrendous but very sloppy at times and he faded badly at the end. I'd have said taking him off wouldn't have been a bad thing but his long throws were useful right at the end. Anyone else do them on our team?

Opinion is fine but saying things like fat and lazy which are factually inaccurate annoys other posters. jET has had some blinders this season which have set some pretty highly standards, he doesn't pick the postage stamp out every game granted, however there seems to be a.minoriy on his case every week.

Personally I'm just happy to a apreciate his talent before he is inevitably replaced by a league 2 Emile Heskey clone.

*** Stop - I've just realised that this was never meant to be a thread about our Jet, this was actually a reference to Jayne Emma Tosey (think she's a cousin or something of the OP). ****

And no, Jayne Emma is not pregnant, so for those pointing fingers at her growing paunch, you should feel ashamed of yourselves!

Far too many attacks broke down once he got the ball, and was generally not impressed, particularly not making himself available. Definitely talented, but he needs time and space, and unsure of him. Football is a team game, and you can't always afford a loose cannon.

Certainly has a bump growing!

I wouldn't of thought so. But this is BCFC, so who knows! Strange things tend to happen here. Like people not recognising a good player when they see one. People really need to realise where we are and how lucky we are to have the front two we have.

I am afraid it does when the guy is on a crusade to hound our 2nd highest scorer and number one assister out of Ashton Gate.

That is nothing short of misguided and stupid.

Hound him out our club? Thats a bit OTT dont you think?!

I havent sent him death threats or sent him nasty messages. All I have done is give my opinion, simple.

He has ability, although we have seeb little of it since the turn of the year. I just dont get why when everyone else is putting in a shift he refuses to move unless given the ball. When he has the ball why does he think he can beat a man all the time? Then lose it and let everyone else make up for his mistakes.

Please please please tell me why I cant have an opinion on him different to a few others on here?

With Baldock hitting a bit of form, some of my fellow fans always find it necessary to single out one player in the team for some stick.

Wonder if he would be so brave to say this to JET's face...doubt it. It's alot safer from behind the safety of one's keyboard

I never slated Baldocks form, never needed to.

Why would I say it to his face? Firstly im never likely to meet the bloke. Secondly I work with people everyday who I do not agree/get along with. I wouldnt go up to them and tell them they are shit!

It's my opinion, get over it! Im not going to start up an online petition or anything like that. Just giving my view on a player.

I'll preface this with the fact that I am a big fan of JET in the main before people accuse me of hounding him out of the club or some nonsense.

The fact that he's far too good for League One yet that's where he is plying his trade speaks volumes.

He's not a 17 year old kid who has come up through the academy, waiting to be poached by a big name club. He has dropped through divisions as he has got older (even though he's still young) and we all know why.

His work rate would make him a liability at a higher level where mistakes are punished more ruthlessly. There is no reason why a good attacker can't run back when he loses the ball. There is no defense for that.

"He's a creative player so he doesn't need to put an effort in when out of possession" is absolute bollocks. No one is asking him to play centre back. But the natural instinct of a footballer when they lose the ball is to want to win it back. Look at Rooney for an example. You wouldn't say his attacking game suffers because he works hard would you.

With JET he is dispossessed and then stays still, waiting for others to win the ball back so he can 'do his thing'.

No one here is asking for him to play as a defender. But when everyone else was putting in 110% in the final 20 mins yesterday, he was putting in his usual 75%, and it told.

I'll preface this with the fact that I am a big fan of JET in the main before people accuse me of hounding him out of the club or some nonsense.

The fact that he's far too good for League One yet that's where he is plying his trade speaks volumes.

He's not a 17 year old kid who has come up through the academy, waiting to be poached by a big name club. He has dropped through divisions as he has got older (even though he's still young) and we all know why.

His work rate would make him a liability at a higher level where mistakes are punished more ruthlessly. There is no reason why a good attacker can't run back when he loses the ball. There is no defense for that.

"He's a creative player so he doesn't need to put an effort in when out of possession" is absolute bollocks. No one is asking him to play centre back. But the natural instinct of a footballer when they lose the ball is to want to win it back. Look at Rooney for an example. You wouldn't say his attacking game suffers because he works hard would you.

With JET he is dispossessed and then stays still, waiting for others to win the ball back so he can 'do his thing'.

No one here is asking for him to play as a defender. But when everyone else was putting in 110% in the final 20 mins yesterday, he was putting in his usual 75%, and it told.

Ferny that was all spot on apart from the 75% part. I would have said it was closer to 60...

I tried not to post on this cos jet splits the fans .but straight away i thought he had put on a bit of weight, obviously others did too.

I also have to agree that he once again just seems to stroll around . He cant need a shower after . He seems to take football as a hobby not a job. He is frustrating and i have to say his fitness is definately in question. Talented or not he should give 100% every game and its clear that he does not .no argument.

I tried not to post on this cos jet splits the fans .but straight away i thought he had put on a bit of weight, obviously others did too.

I also have to agree that he once again just seems to stroll around . He cant need a shower after . He seems to take football as a hobby not a job. He is frustrating and i have to say his fitness is definately in question. Talented or not he should give 100% every game and its clear that he does not .no argument.

That's the trouble, the minute you mention anything about JET that doesn't make him out to be the messiah, the footballing masters on here claim you don't understand football :facepalm:

Seems you have to love him or hate him, whereas the reality is most people - myself included - admire his talent but realise that he could be even better, and a bigger asset to the team, if he dug deeper.

At last someone gets it! If he pulled his weight defensively things could be a lot better for us.

Well done you!

Good idea. Let's exhaust our best attacker with defensive duties so he doesn't score and create so many goals. Good thinking, Batman.

Why don't you just admit that you're jealous of his skills and be done with it?

I never slated Baldocks form, never needed to.

Why would I say it to his face? Firstly im never likely to meet the bloke. Secondly I work with people everyday who I do not agree/get along with. I wouldnt go up to them and tell them they are shit!

It's my opinion, get over it! Im not going to start up an online petition or anything like that. Just giving my view on a player.

Was referring to the OP actually. Couldn't imagine him calling JET a fatty in person!

Good idea. Let's exhaust our best attacker with defensive duties so he doesn't score and create so many goals. Good thinking, Batman.

Come on Aizoon, exhaust him? People just want him to track back just a little, and actually look like he cares about winning the ball back when he loses it.

Baldock works his nads of defensively and is still on 20 goals, so don't tell me that because he's an attacking player he shouldn't/can't be expected to have any other part to play.

I genuinely have a lot of admiration for JET and think we are still a better team with him than without, but there's still no valid reason for not getting stuck in when we're up against it.

Certainly do. Some people arent satisfied with a glimpse of brilliance once in every 10 games, or get overly excited when player gets caught in possession time and time again, or slows the team down, or doesn't have any work ethic. Need I go on?

In the last few minutes today he tried being clever doing something on the left and got caught out. Swindon broke away and everyone started giving their all to get back apart from, strangely enough, the one that lost possession to begin with.

Patterson was more influential when he came on and he moved a round a bit...

JET came closer to scoring than any other player on the pitch. Had he scored it would have been a cracker as he was sliding in from an acute angle. He did a couple of passes that no one else would have been capable of doing and opened up their defence. On the negative he often tries to beat one player too many and does not close down quick enough. There you have it -  a flair player with one or 2 shortcomings. On balance given 18 goals and 16 assists I'd rather have him playing for us than against us which means I'm not going to moan about him unless he has a stinker like he did against SU or Crewe. His only 2 really bad games this season. Otherwise I will take the rough with the smooth

He's featured in 46 games this season and bagged 14 goals in his first 23 and 5 in his last 23, and therein lies a lot of the problem.

His early season form raised everyone's expectations, probably even his own. There are times when he needs to use the players around him better, especially given his tendancy NOT to break a sweat once he's dispossessed.

But he's one of those players that for damn sure you'd rather have on your side than against you, as he CAN win games single handedly at this level.

But I still can't help but feel that with an increase in work rate when out of possession, he would be a better player for it. I don't think even the biggest JET fans can disagree too much with that.

This is the most embarrassing thing I have read on the whole jet debate.

Lets not ask him to run around and get tired cus that means he wont score or create goals...

He is a professional footballer FFS! The minimum requirement is to be able to run around for and hour and a half once, occasionally twice, a week! And he has hardly been scoring much so doubt it would make any difference anyway.

Again, Baldock can manage it. The excuses people are coming out with are just embarrassing.

I dont think you will ever find me questioning his skills. Jealous though? There are a lot of people in this world im jealous of that sit above jet thankfully!

If you earn more than me its safe to say I am jealous of you!

JET came closer to scoring than any other player on the pitch. Had he scored it would have been a cracker as he was sliding in from an acute angle. He did a couple of passes that no one else would have been capable of doing and opened up their defence. On the negative he often tries to beat one player too many and does not close down quick enough. There you have it - a flair player with one or 2 shortcomings. On balance given 18 goals and 16 assists I'd rather have him playing for us than against us which means I'm not going to moan about him unless he has a stinker like he did against SU or Crewe. His only 2 really bad games this season. Otherwise I will take the rough with the smooth

A friend of mine who was sat in the Williams block B (so pretty much right in line with it) said the only reason he was stretching was because, believe it or not, as the cross was coming in jet stopped in his tracks as opposed to continuing forward. Then at the last moment moved again meaning he had to stretch for it rather than being there tapping it in.

I didnt have the best angle of it but I can believe this would be true

I'm probably still on ignore, but how you've got the audacity to make comments like that when you say yourself you haven't been for a while and definately didn't go yesterday is beyond me.

Your imaginary little friend seems to talk more sense than you.

Archived