IGNORED

Is Jet Pregnant?

Tosey

It's interesting how drastically his form has altered in the second half of the season.

As I said before 14 goals in the first 50% of his games and 5 in his last, however I don't have the assist stats to hand.

Whether or not it had anything to do with SOD is something only JET will know, but the timing of it certainly fits.

It's frustrating that you can't voice an opinion here these days without people resorting to personal insults.

I think most are losing sight of the fact that the overwhelming majority believe JET to be a huge asset, but it seems you can't say anything about him that isn't heaping him with praise and superlatives without the fanboys jumping in on you.

I think 99% of fans appreciate the many good things he brings to the team, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to constructively discuss the weaknesses of his game without petty insults, especially from people who by their own admission don't even go to games...

It's interesting how drastically his form has altered in the second half of the season.

As I said before 14 goals in the first 50% of his games and 5 in his last, however I don't have the assist stats to hand.

Whether or not it had anything to do with SOD is something only JET will know, but the timing of it certainly fits.

It's frustrating that you can't voice an opinion here these days without people resorting to personal insults.

I think most are losing sight of the fact that the overwhelming majority believe JET to be a huge asset, but it seems you can't say anything about him that isn't heaping him with praise and superlatives without the fanboys jumping in on you.

I think 99% of fans appreciate the many good things he brings to the team, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to constructively discuss the weaknesses of his game without petty insults, especially from people who by their own admission don't even go to games...

I agree with what you are saying, I disagree that he was poor yesterday (not necessarily what you said but what someone else said) although he has had much better games he wasn't bad yesterday, I feel he is a victim of his own success in a way, he was playing so well at the start of the season that some people expect him to be outstanding in every game and if he isn't he gets slagged off (again this isnt directly aimed at people on here but mainly at people around where i sit)

All for constructive criticism and encouraging debate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

This thread was designed to agitate people though. The moron should be banned.

I agree, the 2+ players they had marking him for most of the game dealt with him quite well I thought. 

There were 2 players man marking and climbing all over him at the posh too but some fool yelled JET you lazy bastard move.  As if he was'nt doing enough keeping 2 players tied up leaving the rest of the team 1v1.

All for constructive criticism and encouraging debate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

This thread was designed to agitate people though. The moron should be banned.

I agree, there are some valid points being discussed but it gets lost in a frankly ridiculous thread title and first post.

There were 2 players man marking and climbing all over him at the posh too but some fool yelled JET you lazy bastard move.  As if he was'nt doing enough keeping 2 players tied up leaving the rest of the team 1v1.

To be honest after his first couple of raids down the wing, burns had a couple of defenders on him thereafter but managed to cope pretty well with some excellent crosses.

Certainly do. Some people arent satisfied with a glimpse of brilliance once in every 10 games, or get overly excited when player gets caught in possession time and time again, or slows the team down, or doesn't have any work ethic. Need I go on?

In the last few minutes today he tried being clever doing something on the left and got caught out. Swindon broke away and everyone started giving their all to get back apart from, strangely enough, the one that lost possession to begin with.

Patterson was more influential when he came on and he moved a round a bit...

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNN

Look at Rooney for an example. You wouldn't say his attacking game suffers because he works hard.

Really? I thought this was a common criticism of him! Instead of staying where he can "hurt" teams, when Manure are poor he goes looking for the ball, negating his effectiveness. Bad example my friend, I want JET in the attacking third, waiting for a pass to him that he can you use to hurt the opposition, Not in our third giving away free kicks.

We have plenty of defenders and midfielders to do the dirty work, but who will rarely score or assist.

To be honest after his first couple of raids down the wing, burns had a couple of defenders on him thereafter but managed to cope pretty well with some excellent crosses.

That was somthing I read that would happen well before Burns came on, its because when JET was playing he had his back to the defenders, and our guys had to play it in infront of him, he then had to use his skill to turn and run with the ball and he did OK for a long time just holding up the ball, but he wasnt effective, I think when Bryan came on and Baldock moved up it was clear Sammy was screwed, so he brought on Burns to do a different job to JET.  When Burn was playing our guys were knocking it in behind the defence and he was just sitting on the last man and ran onto the ball, he wasnt that quick initially though and I think Cotterel mentioned that in his post match comments that Burns seems to freeze up when he needs his pace.   But burns was more effective over time against their knackered defnence but that was in part due to JET doing his job for a long part of the first and second half and leaving their denfence knackered.

Different tactics for different players.

Why would we replace him with a 35 year old cart horse?

Baldock and Patterson would do me. People with ability AND willing to put a shift in as a bare minimum.

Why do people think he is not willing. Where's the evidence - didnt see that yesterday or at Shrewsbury or against Gillingham. Looked up for it yesterday, its just the way he plays can cost possession. It can and has resulted in plenty of goals too. Patterson looked busy and willing, which is great, but  JET came closest with a great stretching shot that was very unlucky not to go in. He also created the best chance of the first half by putting through Cunningham with a great ball,  who laid it on to Sam who should have scored. Great save.  

A friend of mine who was sat in the Williams block B (so pretty much right in line with it) said the only reason he was stretching was because, believe it or not, as the cross was coming in jet stopped in his tracks as opposed to continuing forward. Then at the last moment moved again meaning he had to stretch for it rather than being there tapping it in.

I didnt have the best angle of it but I can believe this would be true

Err no its complete marmite. . Seen replay 3 or 4 times. No evidence of that at all. Just a great bit of athleticism to reach the cross and skill to direct it goalwards.  

What i hate is the willingness to pick out negatives, but not acknowledge positives of the player. Its not balanced or objective- its based on a belief that every player should look like he's busting a gut. I dont remember Walsh being particularly good at tracking back either, but he was worth it for his goals and assists. JET is certainly a good player to have whether he starts or is on the bench. he can create a goal from very little. No other player in the squad can do that on a regular basis. 

Why do people think he is not willing. Where's the evidence - didnt see that yesterday or at Shrewsbury or against Gillingham. Looked up for it yesterday, its just the way he plays can cost possession. It can and has resulted in plenty of goals too. Patterson looked busy and willing, which is great, but JET came closest with a great stretching shot that was very unlucky not to go in. He also created the best chance of the first half by putting through Cunningham with a great ball, who laid it on to Sam who should have scored. Great save.

The evidence is on the pitch a majority of weeks. Dont get how anyone can say differently. Yes he is interested when he has the ball but unfortunately for is football is about more than that.

He is a city player. I want him to do well. I love to bits of brilliance he shows occasionally. What I dont love is his attitude and lack of effort and please do not tell me he doesnt show a lack of effort cus its there for all to see.

Im just amazed so many people defend this part of his game. If we had 10 other players on the pitch with his workrate we would lose 6 0 every week.

Take Bradley Orr. Very limited ability wise but made a great career based on effort, workrate and commitment. Will be amazed if jet ever makes a move back to the premier league.

The evidence is on the pitch a majority of weeks. Dont get how anyone can say differently. Yes he is interested when he has the ball but unfortunately for is football is about more than that.

He is a city player. I want him to do well. I love to bits of brilliance he shows occasionally. What I dont love is his attitude and lack of effort and please do not tell me he doesnt show a lack of effort cus its there for all to see.

Im just amazed so many people defend this part of his game. If we had 10 other players on the pitch with his workrate we would lose 6 0 every week.

Take Bradley Orr. Very limited ability wise but made a great career based on effort, workrate and commitment. Will be amazed if jet ever makes a move back to the premier league.

I'm sorry thats bollox Orr is not just workrate, Orr had lots of skill he was fantastic comming forward, and had a good football brain hence he manged to swim in the Prem in the games he played.   Also your comparing a right back to a central midfield player thats just not cricket.

JET aint the perfect player and can improve but he's not the shit the cat dragged in that your making him out to be either.

I despair of some of the views on here. This guy is one of the best I've seen in my 20+ years of watching City - so entertaining and scored some of the best goals too.

13 goals and plenty of assists and chances created. Perhaps not been at his best since SC arrived but still well worth a place in the team.

Archived