IGNORED

City V Gas Trouble

Red

A quick definition I have just found on t'Interweb of the word "carnage", which was used by the Bristol Post to describe the events at the Bristol derby, is as follows:

the killing of a large number of people.

A tad over the top?

Meanwhile, at the trial...

"...Ian Kelcey, defending Greenslade, described his client as a "fool"..." :facepalm: 

A quick definition I have just found on t'Interweb of the word "carnage", which was used by the Bristol Post to describe the events at the Bristol derby, is as follows:

the killing of a large number of people.

A tad over the top?

Meanwhile, at the trial...

"...Ian Kelcey, defending Greenslade, described his client as a "fool"..." :facepalm: 

The people that will really gain from this are the lawyers - sounds about right with a highly paid defence lawyer describing his client as 'a fool'. If his client had been a member of the Tory Etonian Bullingdon Club then I'm sure his client's activities would have been described as 'high jinx'. Indeed, the last time there was "carnage" in Bristol was way back in 1831 when Dragoons attacked a crowd of protesters and hundreds were killed and severely wounded.

The people that will really gain from this are the lawyers - sounds about right with a highly paid defence lawyer describing his client as 'a fool'. If his client had been a member of the Tory Etonian Bullingdon Club then I'm sure his client's activities would have been described as 'high jinx'. Indeed, the last time there was "carnage" in Bristol was way back in 1831 when Dragoons attacked a crowd of protesters and hundreds were killed and severely wounded.

I love a good Red Goblin history lesson. What about Hartcliffe 1992?

I love a good Red Goblin history lesson. What about Hartcliffe 1992?

Why go for Hartcliffe 1992 when you could have the German EU Third Reich's Luftwaffe blitz of Bristol from 1940-44? This really was carnage, example: Victoria Street by Temple meads......

6785499414_43a19566f0_z.jpg

Why go for Hartcliffe 1992 when you could have the German EU Third Reich's Luftwaffe blitz of Bristol from 1940-44? This really was carnage, example: Victoria Street by Temple meads......

I think you're wrong there RG,that's Victoria St after the City v Sags game,it really was carnage.

I think you're wrong there RG,that's Victoria St after the City v Sags game,it really was carnage.

The Police and their CPS lawyer commanders will be busy photo-shopping Bristol Blitz images of 1940-44 to make out that it was - in fact - City and Gas fans that caused the damage in 2013.

The Police and their CPS lawyer commanders will be busy photo-shopping Bristol Blitz images of 1940-44 to make out that it was - in fact - City and Gas fans that caused the damage in 2013.

Yep,it went off big time in Old Market,Park St and although miles from the ground Avonmuoth Docks as well.The police have photo's to prove it apparently.

Yep,it went off big time in Old Market,Park St and although miles from the ground Avonmuoth Docks as well.The police have photo's to prove it apparently.

A bus was smashed up on Whiteladies Road as well, bloody football hooligans.......

2050366856_bc0708a2dc_z.jpg

Guest Norwegian Red

It's all relative, of course. Those of us that were around in the 70s and 80s will have a wry smile at this description of the day. Probably was the worst the plod have had to deal with here, but how old are all the plod? 23/ 24? Ask some grizzled old A&S coppers about the 70s and 80s.

Fair play to them, though. Not easy coping with the Gas shit quad "sitting down in the road." They earned their corn that day...

The Stokes Croft vermin caused more trouble with their Tesco hissy fit, as did the students.

talk about sensationalist, but they football violence sells papers and generates web clicks

The student protests were massively over hyped (I assume thats what you were referring to). I was unlucky enough to be in the middle of the trouble and it was about 20 people with big mouths who shat themselves and legged it the second the police turned. I think two tiny firecrackers were thrown... and a police horse got slightly spooked. As much as the football violence in this story probably has been over exaggerated I bet it was more trouble than that.

As for the stokes croft "vermin"? Yeah there might be some gas up that way but the majority are a decent lot who just like a party. Maybe take that stick out of your arse?

The student protests were massively over hyped (I assume thats what you were referring to). I was unlucky enough to be in the middle of the trouble and it was about 20 people with big mouths who shat themselves and legged it the second the police turned. I think two tiny firecrackers were thrown... and a police horse got slightly spooked. As much as the football violence in this story probably has been over exaggerated I bet it was more trouble than that.

As for the stokes croft "vermin"? Yeah there might be some gas up that way but the majority are a decent lot who just like a party. Maybe take that stick out of your arse?

no the student protests were another night, there were protests about  tesco's opening, because according to the PROSC they didn't fit in with the ambiance of the area,

no the student protests were another night, there were protests about  tesco's opening, because according to the PROSC they didn't fit in with the ambiance of the area,

Ah that wasnt clear. I am aware of the tesco protests and agree they got horribly out of hand, I just thought he meant tesco protests... and the student protests. 

The Stokes Croft vermin caused more trouble with their Tesco hissy fit, as did the students.

talk about sensationalist, but they football violence sells papers and generates web clicks

Quite right.

By the way, if you ever do visit the Evil site, be sure to have AdBlock enabled, so they make no money from it!

Nice story about that. The Fire Brigade were all set to pull down the Temple Church tower as a 'dangerous structure' - when a local pointed out that it had been like that for 600 years.

Nice story about that. The Fire Brigade were all set to pull down the Temple Church tower as a 'dangerous structure' - when a local pointed out that it had been like that for 600 years.

......go back further than 600 years and the Temple Church was the home to the Knights Templar themselves. The Bristol Temple became the administrative centre for the Knights Templar military order in the South-West. As the Knights Templar were the bankers of the day, could it be that there be Templar treasure buried there?

Surprised they haven't included pictures of the supporters coaches - never seen such carnage. :whistle:

WreckedBus_zps2f0a38bf.jpg

That is in fact the Rovers them coach,the GHS were waiting for them back at the Men,didn't take the defeat too well.

A bus was smashed up on Whiteladies Road as well, bloody football hooligans.......

2050366856_bc0708a2dc_z.jpg

It was a football special on its way to temple meads from the ground but was taking a detour due to all the trouble in Victoria St,think it got done over by a firm of plastic mancs who came out of a pub after watching manure on the telly.

It was a football special on its way to temple meads from the ground but was taking a detour due to all the trouble in Victoria St,think it got done over by a firm of plastic mancs who came out of a pub after watching manure on the telly.

. Actually , I know the real story, of this bus destruction . My mate thought it would be funny to shake my can of cider and give it back to me , I unknowingly opened it and this was the consequence of this . So think before you shake someone's can and hand it back to them.

. Actually , I know the real story, of this bus destruction . My mate thought it would be funny to shake my can of cider and give it back to me , I unknowingly opened it and this was the consequence of this . So think before you shake someone's can and hand it back to them.

Well you know how these rumours get out of hand,I mean plastic mancs for **** sake.Now a can of exploding cider seems much more likely, what cider was it,as I'll try to avoid even a gentle shake of the can.

What a load of old bollocks.

Some people ran on the pitch and shouted 'come on then' at each other, without anyone bothering to actually 'come on' and some stuff was chucked ,bit of a wanky thing to do, but the worst trouble ever???

I was with my 16 year old son round by the KFC when there was a bit of a ruckus when we were trying to get back on the bus when it dawned on us that we had walked into the City fans playing up, it was so terrifying and chaotic we were able to walk up to a copper blocking their way and say 'excuse me we're Rovers, we want to get over by the buses', 'Okay mate go on' he told us, and we just walked through, while fans again shouted 'come on then' at each other- total carnage I tell ee!

Must of mit it was a cheap foreign can the ones you can buy under the counter , had to to the walkin centre to get my finger out of my ring pull . It was up for weeks , it brought tears to my eyes I can tell you.

Some people ran on the pitch and shouted 'come on then' at each other, without anyone bothering to actually 'come on' and some stuff was chucked ,bit of a wanky thing to do, but the worst trouble ever???

I was with my 16 year old son round by the KFC when there was a bit of a ruckus when we were trying to get back on the bus when it dawned on us that we had walked into the City fans playing up, it was so terrifying and chaotic we were able to walk up to a copper blocking their way and say 'excuse me we're Rovers, we want to get over by the buses', 'Okay mate go on' he told us, and we just walked through, while fans again shouted 'come on then' at each other- total carnage I tell ee!

So there we have it an eye witness to the carnage,it sounded horrific.Hopefully the nightmares will fade and you can go back to living a normal life,well normal for a gas head.

Must of mit it was a cheap foreign can the ones you can buy under the counter , had to to the walkin centre to get my finger out of my ring pull . It was up for weeks , it brought tears to my eyes I can tell you.

Only drink Somerset cider you have had a warning.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the last true "carnage" was in 1831 during the Bristol Riots. A good time had by all until the Dragoons moved in to slay the drunken mob......

Bristol%20Riots.jpg

You can make out the Dragoons moving in on the far right below.....this was the time to scarper but most of the mob were too pissed to notice.........

1-bristol-reform-riot-1831-granger.jpg

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the last true "carnage" was in 1831 during the Bristol Riots. A good time had by all until the Dragoons moved in to slay the drunken mob......

Bristol%20Riots.jpg

You can make out the Dragoons moving in on the far right below.....this was the time to scarper but most of the mob were too pissed to notice.........

1-bristol-reform-riot-1831-granger.jpg

Is that the dragoons,or that lot from Cardiff,the dragons I think they're called.

Is that the dragoons,or that lot from Cardiff,the dragons I think they're called.

:thumbsup:

The Bristol authorities wouldn't move against their fellow Bristolians so it was Dragoons from Gloucester that were brought in to break up the mob. They didn't just break up the mob they hacked up the mob by all accounts.

A Dragoon circa late 1830s.....

220px-1st_Dragoons_uniform_%281839%29.pn

Still confused as to why anyone was given jail sentances.

I don't know what the city fan is supposed to have done.

Reminds of Qpr in 99 when the police beat a city a fan and hus girlfriend to the floor for nl other reason than they could.

Scum really.

Archived