IGNORED

Our Manager

Super

Of course you shouldn't thank SOD for the things he DID get right. That would involve the hideous effort of thinking, and that would never do...

The problem is some people are trying to credit him with stuff he didn't actually achieve, but thanks for JET and Williams, i'm done.

In fairness, the club seem to be much improved on this. I think Millen was the last one to get away with signing crap players on massive wages ie Kilkenny. El Bad the only recent bollock that has been dropped that I can think of. Fielding was looking like one until recently.

You are correct but as we saw with DMC and SOD the panic emanates itself with under motivated expensive loan signings.

The problem is some people are trying to credit him with stuff he didn't actually achieve, but thanks for JET and Williams, i'm done..

Thanks for that, EMB. For my part, I'm amazed by how Cotterill has done so far. Not just the results, although they are nice ;) but for his determination to play football from the back. I hold up my hand and say I was wrong. Not even THIS board could sack him in the next seven days - could they?

Thanks for that, EMB. For my part, I'm amazed by how Cotterill has done so far. Not just the results, although they are nice ;) but for his determination to play football from the back. I hold up my hand and say I was wrong. Not even THIS board could sack him in the next seven days - could they?

That's actually brought a smile to my face, as I have said all along let's see if he can save us first, that is close to being job done and then the job really starts and then we can start to properly assess whether he can take us to the next level.

What do you believe will be an acceptable achievement for next season?, for me it has to be the play offs as a minimum, my reasoning being he already has the makings of a good squad, Patterson and maybe Elliott and a couple of others could and few leaving could give us an even better squad.

I for one, was totally underwhelmed at his appointment, and tweeted Jon Lansdown to make him aware of another of The Boards mistakes!

That said, I have to admit, that he is doing a fantastic job, and there  are signs of him slowly turning round this our slumbering football club.

31 points from 20 games (ave 1.55 per game) is a huge improvement on what we'd been turning out under Mr O' Driscoll,

I have been pleasantly surprised by the style of football he is trying to impose. Almost akin to City of years gone by, by getting the ball forward and wide as quickly as possible, but NOT by simply lumping the ball at every opportunity. 

The signings of Nosworthy, Elliott and Paterson have been a master stroke.

All of a sudden we seem to have a solid backbone to the side.

In an ideal world, maybe we could swap El-Abd for Nosworthy, and Barnett for Paterson next season.

I for one apologise to Bristol City for doubting their wisdom in the appointment of Mr Cotterill.

And more importantly, I apologise to Mr Cotterill.

You are correct but as we saw with DMC and SOD the panic emanates itself with under motivated expensive loan signings.

Nosworthy, Elliott, Gillett etc all could of gone down the expensive loan classification. 

Just a great job that Cotts can motivate!

Anything is possible on here !

There's still a few of the SOD fan club there....struggling to admit they were wrong.

I cannot recall someone with such a poor record as manager of our club being held in such high regard by some...baffling!

Cotts deserves huge credit for the turnaround.

Excuse me, NV Mal, whoever you are, but I object very strongly being dragged into this idiotic frame of SOD fan club vs whatever mindless category you count yourself in.

The comment you quote from me was specifically addressed to Monkeh who appeared to imply that SOD made ineffective use of the purse strings. I simply pointed out he bought in JET and Fielding. Monkeh later clarified that he thought some of SOD's signings were good.

If you bothered to think before jumping on the idiotic bandwagon you might have realised that. My post in fact praises Cotterill and you even included that praise in your post. I can't remember ever posting anything else on here that could justify including me in this stupid fan club notion.

So, the opinion seems to be that we have at last found a manager that we'd like to keep for a while ( a 'while' could be anything by our past record). I know he is tied up to a long contract, but could we be nearing the situation where other clubs are looking at what he is managing to achieve here with interest ?

It's been a long time since we've had a manager taken from us, GJ had a few rumours, Derby I think? Other than that Jordan going to Hearts was it?

(I'm not really serious about this, too soon, nothing achieved really in the scheme of things and plenty of out of work managers out there anyway)

So, the opinion seems to be that we have at last found a manager that we'd like to keep for a while ( a 'while' could be anything by our past record). I know he is tied up to a long contract, but could we be nearing the situation where other clubs are looking at what he is managing to achieve here with interest ?

It's been a long time since we've had a manager taken from us, GJ had a few rumours, Derby I think? Other than that Jordan going to Hearts was it?

(I'm not really serious about this, too soon, nothing achieved really in the scheme of things and plenty of out of work managers out there anyway)

Would Yeovil swap managers with us??

It's not inconceivable at all RedM.

I think it depends how he gets on next season - at the moment he is proving a very successful firefighter, but, although fantastically welcome from our point of view, nothing proved as such. Should he go on to really progress City next season, perhaps even to promotion, then his stock will be very high and there would certainly be interest.

A couple of things are against an early departure though. One, he has a good long contract so both he and the club see this being a long term relationship and commitment. Two, it may just be that BCFC is a job he has viewed enviously for many years and now he's finally got it he intends to really get his feet under the table, plan long term, and see it through.

He's been a bit of a nomad for one reason or another in the past - often it seems through no fault of his own - and hopefully (I say hopefully because I'm mightily impressed with his work so far) this will be the club where he goes on to have a long and mutually beneficial tenure.

I know we're all buzzing after Tuesday - God, we waited long enough for that - but I'm actually similarly buzzing about the prospects for next season, and most of that renewed confidence and optimism is down to SC.

Anyone giving the board any credit for the appointment, or are they all still clueless, experienceless, daddy boy, numpties!? ;)

Yes its fun again...Well done SC!

A win Saturday will have me looking past the World Cup to next season and I never thought I would say that!! :clap:

Pulis to Portsmouth. Not that anybody was sorry to see him go!

Anyone giving the board any credit for the appointment, or are they all still clueless, experienceless, daddy boy, numpties!? ;)

Yes its fun again...Well done SC!

A win Saturday will have me looking past the World Cup to next season and I never thought I would say that!! :clap:

Loose the next two games 1-0 and I'm sure we'll get back to some normality on here. Feel uneasy hearing all this happy clappyness. 

Pulis to Portsmouth. Not that anybody was sorry to see him go!

Yes of course. I still think of that transaction like us finding someone stupid enough to take him, an offload, rather than him being lured away!

Excuse me, NV Mal, whoever you are, but I object very strongly being dragged into this idiotic frame of SOD fan club vs whatever mindless category you count yourself in.

The comment you quote from me was specifically addressed to Monkeh who appeared to imply that SOD made ineffective use of the purse strings. I simply pointed out he bought in JET and Fielding. Monkeh later clarified that he thought some of SOD's signings were good.

If you bothered to think before jumping on the idiotic bandwagon you might have realised that. My post in fact praises Cotterill and you even included that praise in your post. I can't remember ever posting anything else on here that could justify including me in this stupid fan club notion.

By the way, going back to your initial post it's Nosworthy, Paterson and El Abd. :facepalm:

Guest Norwegian Red

Loose the next two games 1-0 and I'm sure we'll get back to some normality on here. Feel uneasy hearing all this happy clappyness.

We're not home and dry yet, that's for sure. It's not unreasonable to say the next three games might not see us win, which would leave us needing two wins in the last four games? That will bring the pressure and tension back

Archived