IGNORED

Now Here's A Keeper Error !

1960maaan

Really?, so if the keeper tipped it onto the post and from the post it hit the keeper and went in no goal.

As soon as the ball stops travelling towards the goal (basically back to the taker) it is deemed as missed. If the keeper saves it onto the post and then in it's still a goal. It can go off the keeper and in but not forward off the keeper if that makes sense?

As soon as the ball stops travelling towards the goal (basically back to the taker) it is deemed as missed. If the keeper saves it onto the post and then in it's still a goal. It can go off the keeper and in but not forward off the keeper if that makes sense?

Sorry so just to be clear, if the keeper pushes it onto the post and the ball goes forward and strikes the keeper and goes in that's a goal, but the one in the video is not a goal?

I think the rule is the ball can be allowed to come to a stop , it doesn't usually get to that point though as it will be flying away from the goal or in row Z !!

I've seen another one that hits the bar goes into the air and spins in , and that counted. 

Found on another site:

"I am a nationally accredited referee. It is a goal. Direction of travel of the ball is irrelevant after tjhe initial kick. The kicker? struck the ball once. It moved forward. From that point it is in play until one of the following things happen: It stops It is held by the? keeper It crosses the goal line It crosses the touch line It is touched again by the kicker. In this case it remained in play until it crossed the goal line. It was then a valid goal ". 

Sorry so just to be clear, if the keeper pushes it onto the post and the ball goes forward and strikes the keeper and goes in that's a goal, but the one in the video is not a goal?

As soon as the ball goes forward off the post it is classed as missed. So in the unlikely event that the ball hits the post then keeper and in it shouldn't count. I'm sure that's the rule anyway

Yes in a game it would count as the ball is back in play after the kick. In a shoot out it is a different rule. I'm 99% sure of it

According to wiki you were right till 1987 when the IFAB changed the rule to support a referee who made the wrong call in the 1986 world cup. The ball hit the post, hit the keeper and went in, and the referee wrongly allowed it. The IFAB changed their rules as they agreed the goal really should have stood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_shoot-out_(association_football)#Procedure

The penalty in question is at 4:48

According to wiki you were right till 1987 when the IFAB changed the rule to support a referee who made the wrong call in the 1986 world cup. The ball hit the post, hit the keeper and went in, and the referee wrongly allowed it. The IFAB changed their rules as they agreed the goal really should have stood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_shoot-out_(association_football)#Procedure

The penalty in question is at 4:48

Good job that hasn't come up when I'm reffing then ;)

I always thought that as soon as the ball came forward from the goal it was deemed as missed. In a penalty shoot out anyway. I stand corrected. Good job I found out now and not during a game

Good job that hasn't come up when I'm reffing then ;)

I always thought that as soon as the ball came forward from the goal it was deemed as missed. In a penalty shoot out anyway. I stand corrected. Good job I found out now and not during a game

I've yet to see this on a proper website like the ifab, fifa the fl or the fa. None say either way, but I'd say the ball is dead when it enters the goal, goes out of play, stops dead, or the attacker touches it twice

Shoot out rule!

A kick is successful if, having been touched by the kicker, it crosses the goal line without going out of play or touching any player other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, posts, or crossbar any number of times before going in the net! 

The initial video is a goal. (penalty shoot out or otherwise)

Archived