IGNORED

Bristol City Ultras

redpole

Do we have a group at the gate?

no but we do have a group on Ninja's

when ever there is trouble at rovers its started by the city fans but none are ever arrested or seen

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Thankfully not otherwise we'd look as lame as the Palarse.

Don't know why so many are decrying the set up Palace fans have adopted. It's exactly the same as the fans do in Germany, Italy, Poland... And all I ever hear about is how much better the atmosphere is there. I guess they're allowed to stand up though, so that must be it. No pleasing some folks

Don't know why so many are decrying the set up Palace fans have adopted. It's exactly the same as the fans do in Germany, Italy, Poland... And all I ever hear about is how much better the atmosphere is there. I guess they're allowed to stand up though, so that must be it. No pleasing some folks

This. It is embarrassing for us  to criticise. They have fantastic support.

Don't understand the hate towards the Palarse fans, at least they are creating an atmosphere. Rather that than being at Stamford Bridge where you get handed a plastic clapper by a steward on your way in...

Don't understand the hate towards the Palarse fans, at least they are creating an atmosphere. Rather that than being at Stamford Bridge where you get handed a plastic clapper by a steward on your way in...

Some people have short memories..

I'm simply of the opinion that in my mind Ultras only exist on the continent. Ultras have only ever existed in the countries you have mentioned (and others) and I dislike the fact that Palace like to think they too are ultras when they just regurgitate that crappy follow chant. British football has never had groups of ultras (think Aberdeen were the first to try) and as I said in my head they are just fans who like to have a sing song. It's like teams that do the Poznan ffs, it's just something nicked off another team and it's cringe worthy. What I will say though is that I admire the atmosphere they create (very beneficial for the team) and I wish it was the same at AG but why give yourselves that ridiculous moniker?

I'm simply of the opinion that in my mind Ultras only exist on the continent. Ultras have only ever existed in the countries you have mentioned (and others) and I dislike the fact that Palace like to think they too are ultras when they just regurgitate that crappy follow chant. British football has never had groups of ultras (think Aberdeen were the first to try) and as I said in my head they are just fans who like to have a sing song. It's like teams that do the Poznan ffs, it's just something nicked off another team and it's cringe worthy. What I will say though is that I admire the atmosphere they create (very beneficial for the team) and I wish it was the same at AG but why give yourselves that ridiculous moniker?

Whether they should use the 'Ultras' tag is another matter. To be honest, as much as it's associated with hardcore fans it's also associated with hardcore football violence so I don't know whether I'd want 'Ultras' at Ashton Gate. But at least Palace are making an effort (and succeeding) to create atmosphere

The origins of Ultra culture are linked to the UK and fans from Milan impression of the Kop. I agree that muck savages getting themselves organised and doing things is a waste of time. A better use of time is blowing air out of ones arse on forums ..

Please enlighten me sir...

Their fans on here and twitter taking the piss about the Bolasie transfer.

After the goal that never was..

The Play Offs, sore losers is an understatement. I was personally threatened by a bloke after the game at Selhurst, I was only 14/15 at the time.

Just a horrible bunch.

Ultra violence.

Milan: Unleash hell. Tifosi wave those flags like you have never waved before.

Lazio: You will tremble at the sight of our surfer.

Milan: Raise the two sticks.

Lazio: Drummers call for the BALLOONS.

Milan: Pahhhhh .. We will block out the sun with our streamers.

Lazio: We are left with no choice but turn on the siren on the megaphone.

Don't Ultras get involved in the political running of clubs? So doubt they're strictly Ultra even though they've got politically involved in one element of the club (the atmosphere), much like the East End Movement ten or so years ago.

Ultra violence.

Milan: Unleash hell. Tifosi wave those flags like you have never waved before.

Lazio: You will tremble at the sight of our surfer.

Milan: Raise the two sticks.

Lazio: Drummers call for the BALLOONS.

Milan: Pahhhhh .. We will block out the sun with our streamers.

Lazio: We are left with no choice but turn on the siren on the megaphone.

Like football-shirted kittens they are...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/05/juventus-scudetto-hat-trick-violence

The Play Offs, sore losers is an understatement. I was personally threatened by a bloke after the game at Selhurst, I was only 14/15 at the time.

Just a horrible bunch.

What has that got to do with them having great support at Selhurst?

Anybody who takes their belt off to have a tear up is a real pussie ... Geddit.

Its just Lazy. Just like saying all football fans are violent. Ultra is a SUPPORTING culture not a firm related one.

A pint and a fight is the purrrrrrr-fect day out at the football!

I agree that the media like to brand any Italian football violence as 'Ultra' but at the same time the wealth of evidence shows that Ultras are steeped in violence and organised crime. That's not to say we can't adopt the 'healthier' parts of their supporter culture, but it shouldn't be ignored

Anybody who takes their belt off to have a tear up is a real pussie ... Geddit.

Its just Lazy. Just like saying all football fans are violent. Ultra is a SUPPORTING culture not a firm related one.

Ultras have had loads of bad press not just the artical quoted by Chip to be fair,

I hate palace fans but admire the atmosphere they created this season, but we've already done that to varing degrees with in the east end but keep getting shut down by the health and safety,

Anyway why should we copy another clubs culture we should be creating our own unique one

A pint and a fight is the purrrrrrr-fect day out at the football!

I agree that the media like to brand any Italian football violence as 'Ultra' but at the same time the wealth of evidence shows that Ultras are steeped in violence and organised crime. That's not to say we can't adopt the 'healthier' parts of their supporter culture, but it shouldn't be ignored

Ultras are steeped in violence and organised crime. Naples then. Church bells should ring when the penny drops what that City is famous for.

The English disease ahem , ahem ...

Lazio had thousands in one group. The non league vermin cause more problems.

Ultras are steeped in violence and organised crime. Naples then. Church bells should ring when the penny drops what that City is famous for.

The English disease ahem , ahem ...

Lazio had thousands in one group. The non league vermin cause more problems.

What relevance does the origin of the association have?

at the same play off game in the concourse home and away fans are separated by a fence, a palace fan pulled up his trouser leg and showed me a knife strapped to his leg. Absolutely shat myself.

Yea........Heard they had awful legs..... :facepalm:

Ultras or Fans ( Fanatics ) differ from Country to Country.

In this Country it is generally to create a fantastic atmosphere at the ground.

Abroad it takes on a whole new meaning.

Ultras groups are sometimes associated with politics, right-wing and left-wing. Issues such as racism, anti-racism, nationalism or anti-capitalism are present.

Plus banners, chants and demos are often shown in relation to problems within the local community...and often against the Police.

Some even influence and have a say on how the Club are run. Lazio have been one of those in the past...although the Club have now turned their back on them.

I've watched football regularly in Italy, and you can often find yourself watching the fans rather than the game itself.

I can't ever see this happening at Palace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Nu6HKVSmk

http://youtu.be/L_Nu6HKVSmk

Just a horrible bunch.

so what, who cares? we are talking about support and atmosphere at football grounds, not the fact that Crystal Palace took Bolasie off our hands because we wouldn't play him

so what, who cares? we are talking about support and atmosphere at football grounds, not the fact that Crystal Palace took Bolasie off our hands because we wouldn't play him

I was quoting James about Palace fans, not the support they give.

• Admin

Just a horrible bunch.

Just the same as any other side basically.

Always been a bit "firey" at Selhurst Park - just one of those things

• Admin

I think you will find Palace fans copied what we hsd going on in the EE.

It's interesting that you say that, as I was talking with some friends about the Palace fans, and I'm sure that they started their group after coming to AG8 and saying what a great atmosphere there was in the EE.

Maybe the play off game?

• Admin

They copied the EE? The same EE that stand for most the game in silence?

Hasn't been loud like it used to be for years now.

Years ago, not as it is now - think back to the play off season in the Championship

What relevance does the origin of the association have?

The origin of Ultra is not violence.

I quite like reading. In football journalist boffin books by Goldblatt and Kuper there be in depth analysis of football culture. Being a groudhopping euro derby slut and being in the field to witness first hand tifo v tifo its crystal that ultra cultures are not very violent.

Back to books. The Casusal cultures of Britain and the Netherlands statistically are more violent than flag wavers. Obvious really hooligans don't go to rows trailing a hundred feet of flag and with giant drums!! Millwall at their peak on their own committed more foul naughtiness than entire national leagues.

Years ago, not as it is now - think back to the play off season in the Championship

Ah memories...really hoping when the new stand is built we can recreate this sort of atmosphere again. There can be no doubt that it helped the players to perform better, our home record that season was excellent.

The origin of Ultra is not violence.

I quite like reading. In football journalist boffin books by Goldblatt and Kuper there be in depth analysis of football culture. Being a groudhopping euro derby slut and being in the field to witness first hand tifo v tifo its crystal that ultra cultures are not very violent.

Back to books. The Casusal cultures of Britain and the Netherlands statistically are more violent than flag wavers. Obvious really hooligans don't go to rows trailing a hundred feet of flag and with giant drums!! Millwall at their peak on their own committed more foul naughtiness than entire national leagues.

I'm not disputing that, but the culture is associated with violence now. Not every 'Ultra' is a violent thug, but every violent thug seems to be an Ultra. Regardless of truth, my original point is that there is an ASSOCIATION between Ultras and violence, be that in reality or in the press or in the perception of people who've read about it in the news or in books

• Admin

I'm not disputing that, but the culture is associated with violence now. Not every 'Ultra' is a violent thug, but every violent thug seems to be an Ultra. Regardless of truth, my original point is that there is an ASSOCIATION between Ultras and violence, be that in reality or in the press or in the perception of people who've read about it in the news or in books

I would have disagree with your original sentance, but completely agree with the last sentance

It is all about perception - there was a similar thought about "Forza" groups once, but that has been dispelled

Dummies believe that sort of coverage.

Same as they believe the Daily Mail when they are told tens of thousands of swooping and screeching tea leafing immigrants are swimming across the channel each day to blag off the NHS.

Ultra is global. Ultra is welcome at thousands of clubs.

Dummies believe that sort of coverage.

Same as they believe the Daily Mail when they are told tens of thousands of swooping and screeching tea leafing immigrants are swimming across the channel each day to blag off the NHS.

Ultra is global. Ultra is welcome at thousands of clubs.

Dummies don't read the posts they're responding too either

Fine; you believe that everyone associated with or describing themselves as 'Ultra' is a flag waving, drum-banging good-guy without a violent bone in their body, while I will choose to believe the wealth of evidence (google 'Ultra football violence' and select the 'news function) that suggest that violence and organised crime are an inseparable part of it

• Admin

Dummies don't read the posts they're responding too either

Fine; you believe that everyone associated with or describing themselves as 'Ultra' is a flag waving, drum-banging good-guy without a violent bone in their body, while I will choose to believe the wealth of evidence (google 'Ultra football violence' and select the 'news function) that suggest that violence and organised crime are an inseparable part of it

Expect you could replace the word "ultra" with supporter and do a search and get as much footage

West Ham Ultra

West Ham Supporter

It's as bad as tarring all football fans as hooligans

From the club's point of view, we are always approachable with any ideas you have to help create a better atmosphere at Ashton Gate and will support any practical suggestions.

I am not aware that any of our 'Forza' fans or others have organised links with far-right or hooligan groups. If that were ever the case, our support would be withdrawn.

for me, in foreign football ultra has darker connotations, links to far right groups, and try to have influence over club policy, however in the uk , fans groups have picked up on the flag waving, non stop singing and backing of the team , and tifo displays.

good to see some flags on display ..sometimes!!  would like it if the club were more helpful with things like this, quite often they say were behind you but then say you have to stand in a yellow box, radio up to control, have a fire safety certificate for a flag ! 

looking at palace they have flags on sticks,  can the club get behind a get vocal campaign to increase the noise at the gate, no swear words !!

Archived