IGNORED

That's Why Brazil Will Win The World Cup..

B1ackbird

A pretty sad indication of what football has become.The "big club"gets all the decisions,and the "experts"in the studio can't get enough of it.Sadly no one will be surprised with what was an awful refereeing display.Brazil effectively given a bye into the next round.One game down and already football has been tainted again.

I don't think the ref was a crook but he certainly got influenced by the occassion I suspect.

More worryingly for Croatia is that their keeper seems unable to move his feet before diving - reckon he would have saved 2 of the 3 goals if he had. Otherwise thought they were excellent.

Blatantly obvious Brazil will cheat their way to the cup, helped by compliant refs.

They are bigger cheats than any other country but get some sort of free ride because their 1970 team was brilliant.

I don't think the ref was a crook but he certainly got influenced by the occassion I suspect.

More worryingly for Croatia is that their keeper seems unable to move his feet before diving - reckon he would have saved 2 of the 3 goals if he had. Otherwise thought they were excellent.

Correct on all points.

The ref was also simply out of his depth.

he will be a national hero during his stay there now, the ref that is. 

free drinks and food from the local bars etc. if he had given anything the other way,he wouldnt have been able to go out for some fresh air let alone walk around

I seriously think Neymar should have been sent off for the elbow. If you watch the replay he has a look, sees the defender coming and then deliberately smashed his elbow/forearm into his face. Ok it didn't catch him properly but the intent was to injure the player = red card.

Different game then because Brazil were struggling to create chances before Neymar's first goal.

The refereeing was a complete joke. The Croatians looked technically very good and deserved a draw IMO

I seriously think Neymar should have been sent off for the elbow. If you watch the replay he has a look, sees the defender coming and then deliberately smashed his elbow/forearm into his face. Ok it didn't catch him properly but the intent was to injure the player = red card.

Different game then because Brazil were struggling to create chances before Neymar's first goal.

The refereeing was a complete joke. The Croatians looked technically very good and deserved a draw IMO

I thought that was the only thing he got right. Modric's reaction was embarrassing.

I'm glad to see these comments.  I imagined that my view of last night's game was just cynical old me.  I agree with everything said.  Croatia basically played against 12.  I thought to myself, I probably won't see a softer penalty than that for the rest of the tournament, but on reflection I'm sure we probably will.  

I thought that was the only thing he got right. Modric's reaction was embarrassing.

The reaction of virtually every international footballer to any smallest challenge is embarrassing.

The slow motion replay, front on clearly showed Neymar look up, see the guy coming and then smash his forearm into his face. The intent was to forearm/elbow him in the face. By the laws of the game that is serious foul play/intent to injure and so is red.

Yep, they were a poor team and got gifted the game by an even poorer referee.

If thats what we can expect from Brazil, they have no chance of winning it.

Neymar should have been sent off, it shouldn't have been a penalty (and the way in which it was taken was laughable), and the keeper should have saved all three goals.

I'd seriously be looking at the bank account of the Croatian goalie and seeing if it's just received a deposit.  His efforts for all 3 goals were laughable (actually he did quite well for the penalty but mysteriously let it through his hands...).

Presumably the ref is international standard with some standing in the game.   Mind you, that didn't help Webb have a nightmare in the last World Cup.

Slight overreaction by some on here!. Yes it was a dive and Croatia's disallowed goal was a poor decision, but this happens in the Premier League every weekend does it not? Certainly won't spoil my enjoyment for the next month.

Slight overreaction by some on here!. Yes it was a dive and Croatia's disallowed goal was a poor decision, but this happens in the Premier League every weekend does it not? Certainly won't spoil my enjoyment for the next month.

I've not written it off yet but yes this does happen every week in the Premier League, and that is the reason I no longer have any interest in it.

The decision made me feel a bit uneasy.

Can't wait for tonights games.

Yep.  When you have one nation one vote and most of those are dirt poor countries where corruption rules then that's the way FIFA operates.

Change it to something analagous to the G7 trade agreements where the footballing superpowers decide it amongst themselves and the opportunity for corruption collapses.

My suggested G9 would be:

UK (forget this home nations nonsense, that's just a way of getting more votes)

Germany

Spain

Italy

France

Russia

USA

Brazil

Argentina

.........Nederland's otherwise you would never have seen the likes of the greats we've produced, guillit, van bosten, the de boers, kluivert, Cruyff, van nistelroy etc etc i could go on.

Such an over the top reaction. It was a bad decision but one that could be given time and time again. Refs get slaughtered for not penalising holding/pulling in the box and then get the same abuse when they give a decision.

As I said in another post, if the defender doesnt put his hands on the striker whixh he doesnt need to do then no decision needs to be made. Defenders get away with it time and time again!

When you have one nation one vote and most of those are dirt poor countries where corruption rules then that's the way FIFA operates.

Change it to something analagous to the G7 trade agreements where the footballing superpowers decide it amongst themselves and the opportunity for corruption collapses.

My suggested G9 would be:

UK (forget this home nations nonsense, that's just a way of getting more votes)

Germany

Spain

Italy

France

Russia

USA

Brazil

Argentina

How about a international XI of baddies with Paolo Rossi as top scorer?

Cull it to G2 or 3 and Ingelund would still stab Jerry in the back like they tried over the world cup.

Johnny Foreigner AND Ingerlund CANNOT be trusted ...IT'S JUST BUSINESS.

The reaction of virtually every international footballer to any smallest challenge is embarrassing.

The slow motion replay, front on clearly showed Neymar look up, see the guy coming and then smash his forearm into his face. The intent was to forearm/elbow him in the face. By the laws of the game that is serious foul play/intent to injure and so is red.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one to think this.

Everyone has pretty much disagreed with me that it should have been Red. It doesn't matter if he didn't catch him properly, or it wasn't a full elbow, its the intent.

Neymar looked up, seen him coming and threw his arm towards his opponents face. That is a red card in England 9.5/10 (if seen). Also take into consideration, Neymar wasn't even going for the ball, he was nowhere near it.

He's a talented player but he is dirty, and also known for his diving. No place in the game for that side of things.

The match was 100% fixed I believe. The ref didn't even look to see Freds dive, he just heard the crowd and blew up, a disgrace.

Neymar is a cheat, but are we surprised? Latino teams can't help themselves, deceit is in their blood. I really hope a real football team like Germany, Holland or England win this WC.

Neymar should be banned for 3 matches, if i was the Croatian player I would ask to have him arrested for ABH.

#

I wanted Brazil to do well this WC, but now I want to see them fail so badly.

Also say goodbye to FIFA after Brazil, several big nations and sponsors are to vote no confidence in FIFA after corruption is proved and form a new body, Russian and Qatar WC will not happen, Qatar and Russia banned from taking part or bidding.

Corruption will be proved for both bids. Blatter in up to his neck - much suing and counter suing to come, Qatar will lose billions, but thats the price you pay for trying to buy a WC.

This will be the last' 'FIFA' world cup, you heard it here first.   :fear:

Also say goodbye to FIFA after Brazil, several big nations and sponsors are to vote no confidence in FIFA after corruption is proved and form a new body, Russian and Qatar WC will not happen, Qatar and Russia banned from taking part or bidding.

Corruption will be proved for both bids. Blatter in up to his neck - much suing and counter suing to come, Qatar will lose billions, but thats the price you pay for trying to buy a WC.

This will be the last' 'FIFA' world cup, you heard it here first.   :fear:

None of that will happen

Can he be banned after the incident in WC games? I'm not too sure... anyone?

What like Rivaldo after his shameful cheating got that Turkish guy sent off?

Nothing happened to him.

Same old Brazil, always cheating....

Time for us and the big Euro nations to say enough is enough and start our own "official" governing body.

Ah, you mean like the shining beacon of hope that is UEFA, and their amazingly incorruptible leader Platini - the same Platini that voted for Qatar and purely by coincidence and based on nothing but merit saw his son installed as CEO in a large Qatar company shortly thereafter?

Corruption will be proved for both bids. Blatter in up to his neck - much suing and counter suing to come, Qatar will lose billions, but thats the price you pay for trying to buy a WC.

I bought one in Travis Perkins recently. Didn't think it was that costly...

Corruption in business is....... rife

in fact you need to be a spiv to get the big orders, I've bought contracts, multimillion pound contracts with brown envelopes stuffed with cash for a purchase order at massively inflated prices, I've worked for plc's who along with our competition fix prices, this goes on all the time.

Bristol City council, hospitals, MOD, Insurance companies, car manufacturers I've bought them all, a 500k order, they get a 1% personal rebate. Purchasing managers like money, especially in brown envelopes, or a car, or a holiday, or gold, whatever they want, I get it for them. household appliances you name it, buyers and the DMT will sell their soul if they think they can get away with it.

Russia and Qatar have been caught, and now they are forked.

Corruption in business is....... rife

in fact you need to be a spiv to get the big orders, I've bought contracts, multimillion pound contracts with brown envelopes stuffed with cash for a purchase order at massively inflated prices, I've worked for plc's who along with our competition fix prices, this goes on all the time.

Bristol City council, hospitals, MOD, Insurance companies, car manufacturers I've bought them all, a 500k order, they get a 1% personal rebate. Purchasing managers like money, especially in brown envelopes, or a car, or a holiday, or gold, whatever they want, I get it for them. household appliances you name it, buyers and the DMT will sell their soul if they think they can get away with it.

Russia and Qatar have been caught, and now they are forked.

Ummmm, I hope there's no one oggling this forum who works for one of the many departments in our "unfair" land who deal with the "brown envelope" brigade. Or Qatar aren't the only ones who are forked!!

(Tell ya what, the kids fancy Disneyland, sort it and I'll forget I ever saw it ;););) )

Archived