IGNORED

New Cb.... Is One Needed?

ciderbeans

Huge hope from many fans that we sign nosworthy due to his performances on loan. However, his age is a concern and I only think he was a stop gap whilst flint was injured. It was just good for us that he did perform well.

My thinking is that we may not sign a cb this summer. Flinty will be fit and our back three I'm sure will be Williams, flint and osbourne. El abd right or wrong will be the back up and we also have batten as a youth player to step up.

I don't see the need to purchase another cb unless we rid of el abd. Simply because the players we have can play across the back enabling is to switch formations without an issue. They also have a seasons experience together so should know each other better and shouldn't be as prone to mistakes.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Do you see a new CB as necessary? Or can we continue as is at the back?

That's our last priority..

Midfielders and wingers are the priority

We have one Striker. Please tell me our plan when/if Baldock gets injured. Play JET up front on his own? We know that won't work. What if we're struggling to break a team down and need to go route one? Get Flint up front?  A striker is number one priority

We have one Striker. Please tell me our plan when/if Baldock gets injured. Play JET up front on his own? We know that won't work. What if we're struggling to break a team down and need to go route one? Get Flint up front?  A striker is number one priority

JET upfront is better than half the strikers in the league. Of course we need another striker but it's not the first priority we're looking for. And if you believe reports about who we're signing SC agrees with me.

Isn't burns a striker

I thought he was a striker but he now seems to be played on the right wing. He used to play in the middle so perhaps he's worth a try in that position.

Nosworthy is a definite signing for me if only for one season but all depends on wages  Flint will always struggle at this level, El abd just looks to clumsy and will give too many free kicks away and will spend less time on the pitch due to bookings. Nosworthy looks the part for keeping us solid at the back as proved in our climb away from relegation last season.

Its players we need to get us into the Championship not keep us there.

JET upfront is better than half the strikers in the league. Of course we need another striker but it's not the first priority we're looking for. And if you believe reports about who we're signing SC agrees with me.

But not JET on his own? Honestly what is your plan should Baldock get injured? The only other option we have is Burns who has been deployed on the right wing of late. We have one striker at the moment and no plan B. Maybe we're doing a deal with Patterson who is ooc.

Personally I think the bare minimum if playing 3-5-2 is:

GOALKEEPER
RIGHT WINGBACK (Mark Little)
CENTRE BACK
HOLDING MIDFIELDER
CREATIVE MIDFIELDER
ATT MID-LEFT SIDED
STRIKER
TARGET MAN

I reckon this will be the positions SC will look to strengthen as priority.

Ultimately it depends on what system SC wants to try and implement. Obviously throughout the course of the season the formation will change at points but signing a CB will depend on how he wants to start the season. If he wants to start with a back 4 then a CB is clearly not a priority as we already have 4. Then a right back or left back would be the defensive priority. It's clear he doesn't rate Moloney and we have no competition for Greg at LB.

This is why someone like Elokobi would be a good signing. Essentially a 'two for one' signing as he can play LB and CB. So we would have cover and competition in two positions with a signing like this. Then we would only have to worry about a right back.

Nosworthy looked twice as solid as Flint. Flint is ok up against a big striker but pretty hopeless if run at. As for El Bad, based on last season, one of our worst all time signings.

So yes sign Nosworthy up, if he will accept a one season deal with option for 2nd year depending on appearances like has apparently been offered to Elliot...

Personally I think the bare minimum if playing 3-5-2 is:

GOALKEEPER
RIGHT WINGBACK (Mark Little)
CENTRE BACK
HOLDING MIDFIELDER
CREATIVE MIDFIELDER
ATT MID-LEFT SIDED
STRIKER
TARGET MAN

I reckon this will be the positions SC will look to strengthen as priority.

And if you see how well 3 5 2 is working at the world cup for lots of teams I think it would be wise to stick with it

He is old you want someone who will be able to do a job or learn it in League 1 and then be able to step up in the championship.

El abd will not be able to cut it on return to the championship

We've got to get there first, and our record in bouncing back isn't great is it?

Our absolute priority must be to mount a promotion push and bringing in players who can achieve this. Lets worry about the championship when we get there.

Archived