IGNORED

Well Done The Nigels And Their Fans

WTMS

Just like minded people wanting to enjoy themselves and create an atmosphere within the ground regulations.

They don't need any sparklers or bangers and in a stand which is as wide and open as the Pacific. :o

South Stand fishes will never follow the trawler in Bs3.

Just like minded people wanting to enjoy themselves and create an atmosphere within the ground regulations.

They don't need any sparklers or bangers and in a stand which is as wide and open as the Pacific.

Bristol City FC make up their own rules beyond normal ground regulations ... Means that would be NO would it not?

Predictable BCAGFC tangled in own net again ..

Bristol City FC make up their own rules beyond normal ground regulations ... Means that would be NO would it not?

Predictable BCAGFC tangled in own net again ..

Perhaps when the new trawler is built, the semaphore regulations might be drowned.

The main sketch is that fans don't need a dimly lit, leather clad, comfy booth to create an atmosphere.

They don't need; any sparklers or bangers; and in a stand which is as wide and open as the Pacific. :o

Bristol City does not have a "Ultra" group like the Holmesdale Fanatics in position to organise funding and the display itself. It is possible that the Supporters Club and Trust could take the lead in a very different manner, but due to the rules BCFC have, which are not national ground regulations that display would not be allowed at Ashton Gate.

Regarding the South Stand it could be beneficial if BCFC revisit their own rules if the club want to celebrate its eventual opening with Supporters e.g flags for children.

Granted they generate a good atmosphere however I detest the fact that they label themselves 'ultras', it's just sad.

They are ultras though. What they do is in the spirit of European ultra model - self-funded fan groups bringing a raucous atmosphere and togetherness to football. I guess the only thing they don't tend to follow is the political stance some groups abroad have

Whilst i'm not necessarily a huge fan of their self styled ultra style.. shows you what can happen if a supporters group and club allow it to happen.

I hope we can make the new EE/South Stand as noisy as this. On-pitch success would help but perhaps a more open imagination from the club to allow it to happen would aid this. How do they run it? Do they have some sort of liason with the club? All seems so fantastically coordinated.

Bristol City's own rules on fire retardency and limiting flag use to four flags would have to be abandoned.

They look like 'official' flags as they are all the same, were they given them? I'm sure we'd all wave a flag if we were given them. Take the flags and the streamers away and they wouldn't look half as good. We can sing like that.

Bristol City's own rules on fire retardency and limiting flag use to four flags would have to be abandoned.

Those rules may not apply in the new South Stand as it is not a dark, confined area where fire could spread quickly. 

They look like 'official' flags as they are all the same, were they given them? I'm sure we'd all wave a flag if we were given them. Take the flags and the streamers away and they wouldn't look half as good. We can sing like that.

The flags were funded by fans, organised by the Holmesdale Fantics, and there is no sponsorship via bushiness's involved. It is independent of the FC and fan led.

It is one display among many.

There is a undeniable connection between that core group of fans and the transformation in Crystal Palaces support. That transformation cannot occur without a receptive FC. It is a lesson for clubs right across England of what can, or could happen when fans are allowed freedom and trust.

Very rare these days mind.

Very true. I'm still old school, where you would turn up at least an hour before and sing yourself hoarse in the original Eastend. Now we mostly just politely take our seats after arriving at the last minute.i didn't say we do sing, just that we are capable at times.

Those rules may not apply in the new South Stand as it is not a dark, confined area where fire could spread quickly.

Put some lip stick and high heels on your post.

Somebody who posts about attacking the away fans perhaps is not in the best position to make points about health and safety.

The flags were funded by fans, organised by the Holmesdale Fantics, and there is no sponsorship via bushiness's involved. It is independent of the FC and fan led.

There is a undeniable connection between that core group of fans and the transformation in Crystal Palaces support. That transformation cannot occur without a receptive FC. It is a lesson for clubs right across England of what can, or could happen when fans are allowed freedom and trust.

In that case, good on them. Feel we have a few hoops to get through here then. Perhaps a load of smaller flags should have been purchased instead of the big ones used in the Eastend, but I'm guessing that sadly was a non starter due to the club. Were smaller flags considered or just big ones focused on out of interest?

Very true. I'm still old school, where you would turn up at least an hour before and sing yourself hoarse in the original Eastend. Now we mostly just politely take our seats after arriving at the last minute.i didn't say we do sing, just that we are capable at times.

I am of the same thinking as you, it should be like that every game however sometimes think over-zealous stewarding seems to hinder the atmosphere a lot.

In that case, good on them. Feel we have a few hoops to get through here then. Perhaps a load of smaller flags should have been purchased instead of the big ones used in the Eastend, but I'm guessing that sadly was a non starter due to the club. Were smaller flags considered or just big ones focused on out of interest?

Were smaller flags considered or just big ones focused on out of interest? Both were considered, both were limited City have rules going beyond normal ground regulations. Bristol City are not the only club who do similar, but there numerous clubs who do very different e.g Middlesbrough and Liverpool

Hopefully Crystal Palaces fans and their club may make clubs elsewhere review what they do, and how they do it. The benefits of thinking differently to the status quo are obvious now at Selhurst Park

As much as I don't like palace they have an amazing atmosphere at Selhurst.

Correction: when they're on the telly and in the Prem they're more likely to have an 'amazing' atmos!

I've been there nuff times - and in recent years - and it's been the sh1thole it is. No flags, no streamers, no singing, no nuffink.

Let's not get carried away in this Palace love-in. 

Correction: when they're on the telly and in the Prem they're more likely to have an 'amazing' atmos!

I've been there nuff times - and in recent years - and it's been the sh1thole it is. No flags, no streamers, no singing, no nuffink.

Correction Palace fans displays started before promotion. It has taken fans there years to reach the stage they are at, and of course they do not do a display every game. Imagine the cost and the endless fundraising involved - It would take more than a few hundred fanzines to pay for just a once only display of that size.

Love-in! Correction again. No the opening post is an appreciation of fans hard work in proactively attempting to improve their lot, and a club that has provided them with the opportunity to go beyond the norm, or mediocre.

It would be churlish to think otherwise. Bristol City fans at this point could not do similar, proven when more humble aims were unattainable.

Certainly one of the better grounds for atmosphere in recent years despite City fans being next to what appeared to be the family section, instead of opposite the Holmesdale stand.

There were definitely flags and banners in the Holmesdale stand corner.

Absolute BS. They've been doing this for ages. I can't stand them. Doesn't mean I don't respect them though.

Not much chance of anything remotely similar here with Bristol your flag is too big not flame proof enough City

The holmesdale group has been going for a fair few years now. Even as far as back as 2008 and the play off game i can remember seeing the little section in the corner of that stand

However anyone that dosn't agree that there on pitch sucess has helped is deluded... That section of the Holmesdale end used to be tiny in the Championship. Literally couldnt of been more than 3/400 of them which made me never really over envy there movement massively because it was never anything more major than what we were ever doing in the EE in the Championship.

Obviously success will help things like this grow. The south stand at ashton gate can be a success we just have to pull together. To be honest the flags etc dont overly bother me. Just a wall of 2 or 3 thousand stood and singing for 90 mins would be nice..Problem is we dont seem to have the numbers week in week out that are game for that kind of suppport over the last few seasons because of how dire the football has been.. Success breads the atmosphere at this club weather people like to admitt it or not

Guest American Excess

Then there's that awkward moment when you attempt to replicate some kind of "fortress" and the whole world asks "Why have you got banners of two giant cocks in your home end?"

post-24062-14089196937977_thumb.jpg

(Well, there are approximately 4,000 utter cocks in the Holmesdale End, but you know what I mean on this occasion).

Agreed 100%.

Are you sure their rules are not in response to Bristol City Council's requirements for a safety certificate?

Bristol City have rules that are arbitrary and can alter subject to the likes or dislikes of the Clubs safety officer at that point, not the Council's safety advisory group .

Stadiums are private premises. Clubs can have their own rules beyond ground regulations.

Bristol City have had rules that do not affect a Aldershot, or Crystal Palace, or Liverpool, or Wembley. In some respects City fans have rules that are more lenient than other FC's. Ipswich have been noted previously as being particularly stringent on anything.

As much as I don't like palace they have an amazing atmosphere at Selhurst.

As much as I'd love to see that at AG, Palace fans blow very hot and cold.  Its not so long ago it was like a morgue at their place and all that was visible was a sea of seats.

In reply to the Red Ultras disbanding Such a shame. So much work and passion gone into that. Would love the east end ultra movement to really take hold of Ashton Gate. Football has become so bland and with its overkill of pc and health and safety rules n regs and huge amounts of money it is no longer the game I and many others fell in love with. No longer does there seem to be that bond and respect between club, players and it's life blood, the fans. The authorities are a disgrace who couldn't give a toss about anything other than keeping Rupert bloody Murdoch happy.

Sorry for the moan on what seems like the most optimistic of times at our club for half a decade and maybe it's just me but by **** I miss what I class as proper football.

As much as I'd love to see that at AG, Palace fans blow very hot and cold.

But started with flags in a corner in 2005, and have advanced through to doing something bordering on, or is unique in English football. It is a clear season on season progression based on the continual hard work of a group of fans, and an FC that creates this opportunity for those Supporters. The outcome is clearly and visually evident.

As much as I'd love to see that at AG, Palace fans blow very hot and cold.  Its not so long ago it was like a morgue at their place and all that was visible was a sea of seats.

That's exactly the point - all this City wouldn't be able to do this in a million years blah blah blah, it might help if we were in the Prem, like Palace. Didn't see them doing this in the Champ much, every so often, but as Cotswold Red says sea of seats most of the time at that end, by far the majority of games we've seen their highlights it's nothing like this at all. And they've been doing it since 2005 - great, what about before that? It's hardly the Bombonera is it? Sounds to much like a love-in. We are what we are, we do a bit, but you can't shake the fact that West Country apathy+3rd division football won't = big display, never mind anything else.

That's exactly the point - all this City wouldn't be able to do this in a million years blah blah blah, it might help if we were in the Prem, like Palace. Didn't see them doing this in the Champ much, every so often, but as Cotswold Red says sea of seats most of the time at that end, by far the majority of games we've seen their highlights it's nothing like this at all. And they've been doing it since 2005 - great, what about before that? It's hardly the Bombonera is it? Sounds to much like a love-in. We are what we are, we do a bit, but you can't shake the fact that West Country apathy+3rd division football won't = big display, never mind anything else.

Crystal Palace did do some very impressive displays in another division, impressive may be subjective due to

personal preference but it still requires dedication and work. Nine years of effort is a considerable commitment from a section of fans.

Crystal Palace the club have created a situation, an opportunity for their support to use as they see fit within reason. Other clubs fans including BCFC's do NOT have that opportunity. The division the club is in is irrelevant.

Guest American Excess

Keep that to your Brighton forum please.

Well, it's taken a fair few posts, but congratulations on being the first City fan I've encountered on here to resort to that sort of thing zzzzzz.

Despite it being 2014, I knew there had to be one or two left. Thanks for confirming that.

Wait...was it just....BANTZ?

Well, it's taken a fair few posts, but congratulations on being the first City fan I've encountered on here to resort to that sort of thing zzzzzz.

Despite it being 2014, I knew there had to be one or two left. Thanks for confirming that.

Wait...was it just....BANTZ?

Well I found it funny and not because I'm homophobic, but because it was humorous.

In fact I found the use of 'BANTZ' more offensive.

?

A Brighton fan introduced cocks x 4000 to the thread not anybody else... A blinding obvious invitation to step right up and smash that was done to wait ... was it is just ... BANTZ.

The topic is not about you, or the tastefully named American Express stadium .

I like some of it. Not all of it. It is different in a not dressing up as a Pirate way ... Well done Palace.

There, their, they're

Such a hard decision on which to use.

Complicated language, English

I Hope pointing that out has made you feel better about yourself mate.

There are words for individuals like you but i will refrain myself from using them as after all we all suppport the same team dont we..

Am I the only one who thought atmosphere against Orient was decent all things considered?  Palace fans do actually have a lot more than us to get excited about. 

From the Dolman the Williams sounded pretty loud and it looked like a good couple of blocks were making an effort. Wasn't exactly a large away following to bounce off or much happening on the pitch to get the fans going.

For me, let's try and do something original for a change. I don't know what, but why do we want to copy an idea someone else has come up with, especially that bunch of tossers!

As a local, who holds no great affection for them, the most impressive thing for me about the Palace support over the last couple of years, and it is only that, has been its consistency. At the beginning of last season when they were bottom of the league and losing every week they were still loud and I heard of no scapegoating of players individually or collectively. We could try that ....though I suppose it's easier to blame club regulations, or one another, again

For me, let's try and do something original for a change. I don't know what, but why do we want to copy an idea someone else has come up with, especially that bunch of tossers!

Much of what all football fans do is plagiarized. There is very little that any fans do that is original. It is even harder to attempt to be different when clubs do not allow fans the space, or freedom from restriction to attempt things from their own initiative.

The thing is you don't need all the pyro or huge flags etc... was watching one of the Willem vids on the other thread and they don't need that to create an atmosphere, they are just loud and constant which we could easily do ourselves.

Willem II have a very organised fan group. Capos, pyrotechnics, banner drops of roofs, huge surfers, banners around the entire ground including Bristol City - Willem II ... And much more.

Even the nature of their Supporters Club outside the ground is on another level to the DEH.

It is very hard to compare the culture in the UK to another that cannot generally exist here.

Am I the only one who thought atmosphere against Orient was decent all things considered?  Palace fans do actually have a lot more than us to get excited about. 

From the Dolman the Williams sounded pretty loud and it looked like a good couple of blocks were making an effort. Wasn't exactly a large away following to bounce off or much happening on the pitch to get the fans going.

It was awful. The most I have ever heard the players.

very easy for fans to do this when they are overachieving in the premier league....

Which is why somebody chucked a date in the thread of 2005, others mentioned games outside the top shelf ...

Less hope when you Teach your wits are a bit sharper.

Nobody is going to burn themselves on the intellect in your post there.

People can chuck in all the dates they like. I've been there enough times to form my own opinion.

Chaps who have been there can chuck in awkward things like dates = Facts.

Last visit with Bristol City they were dangling their Mums giant bed sheets off the stands with an image of something like Dougie Freedman on em.

You may realise that was not a Premier League game and they did other displays in the same divisions. It hardly needs anymore rat and mouse killer round your post ... It was a duffer Teach.

Archived