IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Bradford City Match Day Thread.

havanatopia

Good evening or afternoon or morning wherever our supporters maybe. On a day when I reflect on the rather, what i see, as concocted number of fans Liverpool claim to have it makes you wonder how many Bristol City fans there are around the world. Here is a question.. Because Liverpool have won many tropies and we have won, well, very few does it mean they have a proportionally greater number of fans than us? I suppose the real question is where is the untapped potential. Where are those born in Bristol or within 20 miles and who genuinely can call themselves City Reds. Who are sleepers waiting for a day when they may feel there is something worth supporting? After all both cities in question are virtually the same population and we did, did we not, export just as many to North America in bygone times. Now there is a thought.. untapped potential across the pond.

I suppose this should really be a 'Letter from Manila' but its match day night and I am amongst thousands of fans worldwide, not just in the UK, who follow City whether we shout it from the roof tops or keep it under our cap. So, looking at those thoughts and imponderables this club is, surely, the biggest proverbial sleeping giant there has ever been. Lets try and find out. 

Good to see Korey Smith could be back tonight. I shall hit some sleep now and set my alarm for 0245, or a little before. Never have predictions been so agonisingly easy; say we will win and you dread tempting fate.. it never seems to happen. It will. ..

But not tonight. 2-0

Wilbraham back on the score sheet and Freeman.. about time he got one for all his efforts. Smith off the post :)

U Reduns... Sing your hearts out tonight one and all.. we will be listening with a strong hint of jealousy and not a little admiration. Thanks really.. The support is remarkable and what makes this club something special when it is on a roll.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 5

Guest WarmleyReds

Just picked up a ticket last minute over the phone and was told there are only a handful left... sell out crowd under the lights on a Tuesday night. Going for another 3-1 win.

Guest heavensentcityg3nt

Good record at your place 3 wins 2 draws I believe - if this was at valley parade we would probably lose but we are excellent away from home and would expect us to continue tonight

Rovers 1. Bradford 2.

Edited by heavensentcityg3nt

Well, we'll score three, that's something you can almost take for granted at the moment, or so it seems.  But Bradford, hmm, how many will they score, because they will score, of that I feel certain.   I'll go for two on their part.  So, a cracking game on the way, a 3-2 City win with a shed load of entertainment, a man almost being blown off of his shed whilst cheering a goal, and another three points to help us as we bid to return to the league of the Champions...

I'll say that the goal scorers for us will be: Agard, Bryan, and Flint.

MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....

Can someone please print this out and stick it on the home changing room door.

MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE...MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....MUST....NOT....LOSE....

Hardly positive is it.

I thought that was our 2nd half philosophy anyway when we are holding a lead?!

Have the same feeling - the law of averages says we're going to lose eventually....

Yeah, can't shake it for some reason. About a month ago I said that I wanted City to lose one, to get it out of the way and see the reaction, now I just want this run to go on forever.

And ever!

Going to say 2-0, but got a horrible feeling this could be the end of the run tonight......

Hopefully you'll be wrong Woodsy.

After all we get fans on these threads before every game who have that 'horrible feeling' and they've all proved unfounded so far.

Shouldn't ever be over confident BUT as long as City play well then we should get at least a point, and most likely the win.

Looks like the weather will have calmed by KO, otherwise it would be interesting to see the added affect of the wind without the EE.

Anyway, barring a terrible ref, terrible luck, or a real off day from a good number of City players I'm going 3-1 to City.

Expect to see the likes of Wagstaff, Jet and Burns appearing far earlier if we're looking leggy or struggling. I'd hope so, anyway.......

Hopefully you'll be wrong Woodsy.

After all we get fans on these threads before every game who have that 'horrible feeling' and they've all proved unfounded so far.

Shouldn't ever be over confident BUT as long as City play well then we should get at least a point, and most likely the win.

Looks like the weather will have calmed by KO, otherwise it would be interesting to see the added affect of the wind without the EE.

Anyway, barring a terrible ref, terrible luck, or a real off day from a good number of City players I'm going 3-1 to City.

Expect to see the likes of Wagstaff, Jet and Burns appearing far earlier if we're looking leggy or struggling. I'd hope so, anyway.......

Fingers crossed Noggers!

Whilst I have a bad feeling, I look at the squad and just feel so confident about this group of players, but at some point we're going to lose one. I'll have a couple of quid on 2-0, but I'll do the same for 0-1, just to cover all bases! Maybe it will be one of those games where we batter someone, and just can't put the ball in the net, they get one chance......

Yep - there are other things I would rather see soaking wet .........

TFR

ooo eerrrr missus.

Now look what you've done,I can't get the picture of wet cats out of my head.

Edited by NOTR

OTIB Match Weather:-

City Vs Bradford, Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol, Tuesday 21st October 2014.

K.O. 1945 BST.

Windy at first this evening, with the risk of gales, especially over high ground and exposed coasts. Showers will soon die away and winds will ease and with clear spells it will turn cold enough for a touch of grass frost in rural areas.

Temperature: 10 celcius

Winds: 14 mph, WNW

Visibility: Very good

Humidity: 60%

Pressure: 1020 mb

Sky: clear

(Sunset at 1805 BST)

:wacko:

TFR

Good record at your place 3 wins 2 draws I believe - if this was at valley parade we would probably lose but we are excellent away from home and would expect us to continue tonight

Rovers 1. Bradford 2.

Always reassured when the opposition have to fall back on the old "good record at your place" argument....results from 5-6 years ago with a completely different squad on both sides are of no relevance whatsoever. It's all about the here and now...City to win 3-0. Edited by ChippenhamRed

OTIB Match Weather:-

City Vs Bradford, Ashton Gate Stadium, Bristol, Tuesday 21st October 2014.

K.O. 1945 BST.

Windy at first this evening, with the risk of gales, especially over high ground and exposed coasts. Showers will soon die away and winds will ease and with clear spells it will turn cold enough for a touch of grass frost in rural areas.

Temperature: 10 celcius

Winds: 14 mph, WNW

Visibility: Very good

Humidity: 60%

Pressure: 1020 mb

Sky: clear

(Sunset at 1805 BST)

:wacko:

TFR

What! No pollen count?
  • Like 4

Guest bristol south end

Thought Bradford were poor last home game.  Played large parts of the game with 10 men.  Hoping they over cooked it.  Really cannot see any thing other than another win.  City remind me of Chris Eubank at the moment.  Doing what we need to do to win the game.  I still think there is more to come

Kind of the opposite of last season, where I knew the bad run would come to an end at some time, and always hoping it was the next game.

No reason why we cannot lose tonight, but no real reason why we should either. All things being equal, go for another 3-1.

Unchanged from Saturday. Smith doesnt make squad. COYR 

Bit concerning. Trust Smith doesn't turn into a classic City injury - seems not too serious, should be back soon etc., then news that it was more serious than first feared and the player is out of action for what seems months.

Hopefully SC erring on the side of caution and he'll be available fully fit for Barnsley.  :pray:

Bit concerning. Trust Smith doesn't turn into a classic City injury - seems not too serious, should be back soon etc., then news that it was more serious than first feared and the player is out of action for what seems months.

Hopefully SC erring on the side of caution and he'll be available fully fit for Barnsley. :pray:

Bit of an over reaction there. Smith only started training yesterday. It's just a case of not rushing him back and given Pack scored in the last game, he may as well keep his place. Smith will be fine.