IGNORED

Sunday

Guest Bally

Really looking forward to the game Sunday,U.S. bottom of the league ,playing awful haven't got any decent forwards playing against the highest team we could of been drawn against,only losing two game so far this has got a draw written all over it :)

With these road closures on Sunday at 4.30 where would u recommend the best place to park to get back into the m5 before they shut the roads?

Cheers Bally

• Admin

I don't think that they should be cancelled, of course it is a tragedy and my condolences go out to the family involved. IMO there should be a collection for a charity of the families choice or something along those lines in memory. RIP.

In a way I'm glad the search was complete before he weekend, would have been horrible if someone watching the fireworks had found either of them

Am I right in saying that the bridge is closed on the Monday, (the actual anniversary) and a band playing ???

It does feel a bit wrong having a celebration up there so close to the sad news, but as uncaring as it will sound life has to go on

Really looking forward to the game Sunday,U.S. bottom of the league ,playing awful haven't got any decent forwards playing against the highest team we could of been drawn against,only losing two game so far this has got a draw written all over it :)

With these road closures on Sunday at 4.30 where would u recommend the best place to park to get back into the m5 before they shut the roads?

Cheers Bally

Outside the Tobacco Factory.

In a way I'm glad the search was complete before he weekend, would have been horrible if someone watching the fireworks had found either of them

Am I right in saying that the bridge is closed on the Monday, (the actual anniversary) and a band playing ???

It does feel a bit wrong having a celebration up there so close to the sad news, but as uncaring as it will sound life has to go on

Life will indeed go on, personally I just wouldn't feel comfortable stood watching fireworks so close to a tragic event, maybe it should go ahead and just let each individual make their own mind up whether to go or not?

I personally think the fireworks should be cancelled, doesn't seem right to be celebrating at the spot where such a tragic event happened just a few days previously

Very sad about the mother and baby, but the world keeps on turning and our lives continue. So should the firework display.

I personally think the fireworks should be cancelled, doesn't seem right to be celebrating at the spot where such a tragic event happened just a few days previously

Completely agree.  It's right that life goes on the face of sadness, but it just seems tasteless to hold an ostentatiously celebratory event at the exact spot that the tragedy occurred.  Fireworks would seem very out of place at the Suspension Bridge in the current circumstances.

Only thing is, if it absolutely tips it before the game down then the cricket club often restricts the amount of cars that come in as obviously it's a field and fields get waterlogged!

Just wanted to reiterate this point about the cricket club. We showed up there around 2pm for the Preston game and found the car park to be full, because the field was shut as it was too muddy.

I agree with the trustees if this is the case and the display goes on, it's a very sad thing for this to happen, but it might have been worst if the display had gone ahead with the bodies still in the water and nobody knowing.  Imagine what people would have felt like after they had been discovered.

On a lighter note, as I am here in Estonia, is there any chance a video will be taken and can be posted on here.  I would love to see the display as I am a great admirer of Brunel.

I think there is a live streaming of the fireworks but don't know the link!

So if Ive been reading right the cricket club if the weather is bad gets full pretty quickly?

There isn't a train service to the closest station to the ground and the other station is two miles away but the bus service from that station isn't too good.

If you're willing to walk 15mins or so parking isn't a problem? I'm fine with walking that far or a bit more is it a case of street parking ?

So if Ive been reading right the cricket club if the weather is bad gets full pretty quickly?

There isn't a train service to the closest station to the ground and the other station is two miles away but the bus service from that station isn't too good.

If you're willing to walk 15mins or so parking isn't a problem? I'm fine with walking that far or a bit more is it a case of street parking ?

The weather has been dry all week and the forecast for Saturday and Sunday is good. So, it shouldn't be a problem with the cricket club. If there is a problem, street parking is ok on a Sunday, as any residents parking zones don't apply on Sundays

Just remember to stay on m5 across the Avonmouth bridge then you can follow the road in...if the cricket club has no parking you may be luck up the turning opposite..if not then plenty parking behind the big Babcock factory which you will see near the gate....enjoy your day and dont nick anything from the building site...we need all of it...

Thanks for the replies and i believe we have sold all our allocation for tomorrow,so hopefully we'll help create a decent atmosphere.

Out of interest how long would it take to walk from Templemead station?

ha ha the way everyone was talking i was expecting it to be a lot further away than that, im quite tempted by coming on the train now esp with all the pubs en route from the station :)  

ha ha the way everyone was talking i was expecting it to be a lot further away than that, im quite tempted by coming on the train now esp with all the pubs en route from the station :)

If you do come by train, turn left out of the station approach then very shortly you will come to the River Avon. Turn right and follow the river bank downstream (either side)then turn left for Ashton Gate.

If you do come by train, turn left out of the station approach then very shortly you will come to the River Avon. Turn right and follow the river bank downstream (either side)then turn left for Ashton Gate.

If you're following the river, I'd say stay on the right hand side, as there are a better selection of pubs to break up the journey. A couple near the S S Great Britain or farther on do a slight diversion off Cumberland Road into Avon Crescent to the Nova Scotia. A pub that gets a good mix of supporters on match days. After several beers, then follow the crowds through the park to the ground. (Have a look on google maps - it's an easy route to follow)

What is the forecast?

'The forecast' is generally a prediction of expected weather conditions for a given week day time etc .. Available from most media services, TV, radio, newspapers and online.

It quite useful as a guide but can be wildly inaccurate too, sometimes it couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo!

Best advice it to take a coat, hat, gloves, brolly, suncream, shorts, flip-flops and sunglasses for most outdoor events in this country expect the unexpected to be on the safe side.

In short 'the forecast' is a guessing game people play trying to predict what weather we will get in the not too distant future. :)

If you're following the river, I'd say stay on the right hand side, as there are a better selection of pubs to break up the journey. A couple near the S S Great Britain or farther on do a slight diversion off Cumberland Road into Avon Crescent to the Nova Scotia. A pub that gets a good mix of supporters on match days. After several beers, then follow the crowds through the park to the ground. (Have a look on google maps - it's an easy route to follow)

Bally - Nova Scotia pub a good suggestion. Google map the stadium then zoom out to see the route from Temple Meads station. As other have said it is a 30-40 minute walk from the station.

Enjoy the day - but be aware you are going to a building site. Check out the official website for pictures of what the new stadium will look like. It's going to be awesome.

Bally - Nova Scotia pub a good suggestion. Google map the stadium then zoom out to see the route from Temple Meads station. As other have said it is a 30-40 minute walk from the station.Enjoy the day - but be aware you are going to a building site. Check out the official website for pictures of what the new stadium will look like. It's going to be awesome.

Cheers Red planet we'll enjoy our day that's for sure,I'm not too worried about the state of the stadium just glad we're in the 2nd round and coming to a decent club,with what seems like decent,helpful fans,not too sure what I'm expecting from the game, we should get hammered BUT this is the fa cup and there have been bigger shocks than us getting a draw or a win at Bristol City,fingers crossed

Guest Cap flinger

All 1170 cap flinger which hopefully will create a decent atmosphere

thats good going,think there will be around 9-10k which is not bad for fa cup second round. Enjoy the day and let's hope a big tie awaits the winner.

thats good going,think there will be around 9-10k which is not bad for fa cup second round. Enjoy the day and let's hope a big tie awaits the winner.

I would be very surprised to see anything close to 10k.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Archived