IGNORED

Sunday

Bally

So if Ive been reading right the cricket club if the weather is bad gets full pretty quickly?

There isn't a train service to the closest station to the ground and the other station is two miles away but the bus service from that station isn't too good.

If you're willing to walk 15mins or so parking isn't a problem? I'm fine with walking that far or a bit more is it a case of street parking ?

So if Ive been reading right the cricket club if the weather is bad gets full pretty quickly?

There isn't a train service to the closest station to the ground and the other station is two miles away but the bus service from that station isn't too good.

If you're willing to walk 15mins or so parking isn't a problem? I'm fine with walking that far or a bit more is it a case of street parking ?

The weather has been dry all week and the forecast for Saturday and Sunday is good. So, it shouldn't be a problem with the cricket club. If there is a problem, street parking is ok on a Sunday, as any residents parking zones don't apply on Sundays

Just remember to stay on m5 across the Avonmouth bridge then you can follow the road in...if the cricket club has no parking you may be luck up the turning opposite..if not then plenty parking behind the big Babcock factory which you will see near the gate....enjoy your day and dont nick anything from the building site...we need all of it...

ha ha the way everyone was talking i was expecting it to be a lot further away than that, im quite tempted by coming on the train now esp with all the pubs en route from the station :)

If you do come by train, turn left out of the station approach then very shortly you will come to the River Avon. Turn right and follow the river bank downstream (either side)then turn left for Ashton Gate.

If you do come by train, turn left out of the station approach then very shortly you will come to the River Avon. Turn right and follow the river bank downstream (either side)then turn left for Ashton Gate.

If you're following the river, I'd say stay on the right hand side, as there are a better selection of pubs to break up the journey. A couple near the S S Great Britain or farther on do a slight diversion off Cumberland Road into Avon Crescent to the Nova Scotia. A pub that gets a good mix of supporters on match days. After several beers, then follow the crowds through the park to the ground. (Have a look on google maps - it's an easy route to follow)

What is the forecast?

'The forecast' is generally a prediction of expected weather conditions for a given week day time etc .. Available from most media services, TV, radio, newspapers and online.

It quite useful as a guide but can be wildly inaccurate too, sometimes it couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo!

Best advice it to take a coat, hat, gloves, brolly, suncream, shorts, flip-flops and sunglasses for most outdoor events in this country expect the unexpected to be on the safe side.

In short 'the forecast' is a guessing game people play trying to predict what weather we will get in the not too distant future. :)

If you're following the river, I'd say stay on the right hand side, as there are a better selection of pubs to break up the journey. A couple near the S S Great Britain or farther on do a slight diversion off Cumberland Road into Avon Crescent to the Nova Scotia. A pub that gets a good mix of supporters on match days. After several beers, then follow the crowds through the park to the ground. (Have a look on google maps - it's an easy route to follow)

Bally - Nova Scotia pub a good suggestion. Google map the stadium then zoom out to see the route from Temple Meads station. As other have said it is a 30-40 minute walk from the station.

Enjoy the day - but be aware you are going to a building site. Check out the official website for pictures of what the new stadium will look like. It's going to be awesome.

Bally - Nova Scotia pub a good suggestion. Google map the stadium then zoom out to see the route from Temple Meads station. As other have said it is a 30-40 minute walk from the station.Enjoy the day - but be aware you are going to a building site. Check out the official website for pictures of what the new stadium will look like. It's going to be awesome.

Cheers Red planet we'll enjoy our day that's for sure,I'm not too worried about the state of the stadium just glad we're in the 2nd round and coming to a decent club,with what seems like decent,helpful fans,not too sure what I'm expecting from the game, we should get hammered BUT this is the fa cup and there have been bigger shocks than us getting a draw or a win at Bristol City,fingers crossed

Archived