IGNORED

So..assuming The Two Ronnies Are Fit.......... Who Starts Upfront Saturday?

the frampton balti

Keep the current combo; done nothing wrong, and have got more goals between them since Agard went off injured than the other two lads have for quite a while.

Nice problem to have, but I say if you give someone a chance and they excel, like Bryan earlier this season, then they should stay in.

Keep the current combo; done nothing wrong, and have got more goals between them since Agard went off injured than the other two lads have for quite a while.

Nice problem to have, but I say if you give someone a chance and they excel, like Bryan earlier this season, then they should stay in.

Agree. Plus, the guys coming off the bench know they have to perform to win their place back.

Agard and Wilbraham.

That would be pretty dire management... Out of form anyway let's stick where the goals are shall we... Letting them walk straight back into the side after such a successful spell pretty much says 'we don't care how well you play because we'll drop you when the big boys are back'!!!

I would play the in-form, confident players rather than the non-matchfit ones (yes, I do realise that was my concern with Matt Smith which proved stupid). So Matt Smith starts for me, and amazingly Jet also gets a nod as he seems to have contributed to Smith's goals and is on the same wavelength. I realise Freeman might miss out on starting but isn't he perhaps carrying a knock.

Wilbs and Agard are benched, if they re fit which is a doubt. Wilbs has missed several matches now and Agard a couple less but he's also in less fruitful form.

I would play the in-form, confident players rather than the non-matchfit ones (yes, I do realise that was my concern with Matt Smith which proved stupid). So Matt Smith starts for me, and amazingly Jet also gets a nod as he seems to have contributed to Smith's goals and is on the same wavelength. I realise Freeman might miss out on starting but isn't he perhaps carrying a knock.

Wilbs and Agard are benched, if they re fit which is a doubt. Wilbs has missed several matches now and Agard a couple less but he's also in less fruitful form.

Gotta be this. I expect Wilbs will get some match time,

You can't bench either Smith or JET after a performance like last night.

Where is this JET form I am reading about? Appears he had a good game against Gillingham last night but hardly banging in the goals?! Scored a pen against Yeovil but didnt see much else from him.

Agard was brought to the club to be our main striker so should start when fit. Start along side Smith with JET to come on lat in the game.

Lets look to the future. If we sign Smith for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer then him and Agard will be our main strike force and in all likelihood JET will be leaving.

Absolutely no chance will he not start with last nights front two, they were simply unplayable and are getting fitter and better by the minute. They are two huge guys and the recent game time they have been getting due to Agard and Wilbs injuries has really boosted are prospects of promotion.

Absolutely no chance will he not start with last nights front two, they were simply unplayable and are getting fitter and better by the minute. They are two huge guys and the recent game time they have been getting due to Agard and Wilbs injuries has really boosted are prospects of promotion.

Well, I don't want to piss on the chips so to speak, but the two league games they were our strike partnership in were an unconvincing home win against the league's bottom club and a nervy away draw against the club sitting at 15th.

HOWEVER, if they play like last night, I will agree with your assertion. 

That would be pretty dire management... Out of form anyway let's stick where the goals are shall we... Letting them walk straight back into the side after such a successful spell pretty much says 'we don't care how well you play because we'll drop you when the big boys are back'!!!

Yes because lots of SC's management decisions have been "dire" this season. Get a grip for gods sake. We have a small squad and SC will pick who he thinks will get the result on the day. In SC we believe!!!

Guest Running Man

Anyone have any insight into what i wrong with Agard and Wilbs? Are they long term injuries or just no need to rush them back with Smith and Jet performing?

One of the things that concerned me a bit at both Donny and Gillingham is that there is no striker option on the bench at the moment.

But they are the first choice pairing.

That's just how it is. Of the two who came in, one is a loanee and the other is gone end of this season anyway.

I'd put Wilbraham and Agard / only on condition they are fit mind.

Wilbraham only has a contract until the summer too, and will be 36 in October; do you not think he'll likely be gone in the summer too?  I do.

Neither Agard nor Wilbraham were in great form when they got injured (just 2 league goals between them in two months), so considering we've two players flying right now, I'd not blow that.

Neither Agard or Wilbraham are fit (and probably won't be available on Tuesday, either) so this is academic.

Wes Burns' month at Oxford is up on Monday, with so many games and so few options I hope SC recalls him as he has Bobby Reid.

Jet Smith

football is a squad game, Cotterill has been saying it all season, if either of them are dropped it contradicts what he's been saying all year

time for the others to wait for their chance to get back in

I dont want to 'piss on the chips', but wasnt Agard and Smith the strike partnership against Yeovil with JET coming on as a sub? Doncaster was an F.A cup game.

Keep up.

You aren't but where did I state the starting line up? Agard went off quite early in the second half and Jay did nothing, apart from convert a penalty that had been won by another player.

The point is, we didn't look convincing at all and I want to see if this wonderful cup form is carried on in the league before we start going on about dream partnerships.

But they both scored. Its what Strikers get paid to do. JET scored the pen which effectively won us the game - Agard failed to convert his. Your point about scoring a penalty someone else won is irrelevant, he still had to put it in the net from 12 yards with a keeper in front of him.

Well if you think we looked great on Boxing Day then bully for you. It wasn't the view of the majority of the crowd or - thankfully - our manager.

I've said I'll be happy if I see the cup form, that has gained some slightly premature hysteria on OTIB in my view, repeated in the league. Let's leave it at that.

JET and Smith for the County game. It would be wrong to do anything else.

Well if you think we looked great on Boxing Day then bully for you. It wasn't the view of the majority of the crowd or - thankfully - our manager.

I've said I'll be happy if I see the cup form, that has gained some slightly premature hysteria on OTIB in my view, repeated in the league. Let's leave it at that.

JET and Smith for the County game. It would be wrong to do anything else.

To be fair; they torn into a full strength Gillingham side, which is league one opposition.

Not suggesting 'JET & Matt 4eva' personally; sure things will change soon, but do think neither Agard and Wilbraham can expect to start Saturday.

And that might be a good thing. They arrive on with 10-20 mins game time, fired up to win back their place; should get them on their A game.

Archived