Our highest league away followings since 2001:

Sheff Wed (03/04) 4,626

Nottm Forest (06/07) 4,308

Reading (08/09) 4,192

Coventry (14/15) 3,794

Reading (01/02) 3,672

Cup

Leicester City (02/03) 4,613

More than 200 sold today in addition to the 3800 sold up until yesterday so it is already the largest following for 6 years with 4 days to sale another 600 tickets to make it the highest for well over a decade.

1,938. I remember it well, we didn't actually sell many tickets at all in advance but loads turned up on the day. I know some will dispute the 1,938 figure but officially at least that's what it was.

that was a mystery to me. A bog standard mid week match in london but one of the best atmospheres i ever experienced at a city away match. Anyone else think thats an odd thing  for random away matches (esp pre internet/OTIB) - suddenly loads turn up for no apparent reason? Notts county away (goodfellow scored) was one (though fairly recent). My first away match was qpr away in the 70's (free CATS travel) and we took thousands. Next one for me was Villa away a few weeks later and we hardly mustered a few hundred

Charlton was one of those crazy away days. The bloke up the tree before the game. Flares in the away end. Going mental when McCombe equalised. Everyone joining in the bounce around the ground. The sing song on the tube platform after the game with us one side and Charlton the other was class. Hundreds walking out of Temple Meads at about 1:30am.

Great night.

I loved that charlton game, the whole stand was full, it was even more impressive considering it was a Tuesday night.

Such a great atmosphere, everyone stood, everyone joined in the chanting and everyone seemed drunk! Proper boisterous old school support :)

And loved the guy up the tree going nuts at end!

that was a mystery to me. A bog standard mid week match in london but one of the best atmospheres i ever experienced at a city away match. Anyone else think thats an odd thing for random away matches (esp pre internet/OTIB) - suddenly loads turn up for no apparent reason? Notts county away (goodfellow scored) was one (though fairly recent). My first away match was qpr away in the 70's (free CATS travel) and we took thousands. Next one for me was Villa away a few weeks later and we hardly mustered a few hundred

Wasn't notts county tinmans 500th game?

Anyone who's been before can tell me how easy it is to get away from the car park near ground after and on to the motorway?

Once you are away from the ground, it's easy - assuming you are talking the M1? From Bristol it's all a bit cross country I am afraid.

Think the largest away attendance in the football league this season is 6,800 (Leeds at Blackburn). That is impressive to be fair when you consider the team they have. But we will be right up there. Will definitely do Sheffield United's following at Barnsley anyway.

To be fair though Blackburn from West Yorkshire is only a short whippet walk

I loved that charlton game, the whole stand was full, it was even more impressive considering it was a Tuesday night.

Such a great atmosphere, everyone stood, everyone joined in the chanting and everyone seemed drunk! Proper boisterous old school support :)

And loved the guy up the tree going nuts at end!

he got chucked out for something trivial and came back to ground and watched 2nd half 100 foot up in the tree

we got chatting to him somehwhere on the way home and his hands were red raw!

ps I reckon there was easily 3000 there

Archived