IGNORED

The Official Yeovil Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

havanatopia

Our biggest local derby of the season ! When you think of Yeovil, no disrespect intended, you then realise we are missing our on derbies like other major cities in the country. So, go yourself the question, would you almost give your right arm for a Bristol derby in the Premier League that has the same adrenalin rush that Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, North London, Sheffield and Tyneside enjoy almost every year? Just ask a Wednesday fan how much they miss the annual Blades encounter. I want Rovers to get promoted this season and I want a Bristol derby sometime in our lifetime, fanciful and controversial but i bet a lot of you out there will agree with me.

So on to tonight. The form book goes out of the window does it? Not a bit of it in my opinion. We should win handsomely because, frankly, we are on the best run and having the best season in the lifetime of most City fans. Why should we be shrinking violets. Oh, but it is a local derby so I will go for the 1-1 then! 3 away wins on the trot? surely not.

Domesday Book, Roman, Black Death, Bombed in WWII thanks to Westland, Gary Johnson.. that is what crops up when you google Yeovil. Thats your history lesson for tonight chaps cos i am entertaining and the Risotto is starting to crackle so needs some more white wine.

U riddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OH go on then... 0-3

Flint, Wilbs, JET Pen.

Nyt all. Hope I wake up to a decent result.. happy with a draw. Honest. :)

Guest TauntonTA2

You little tease, you can't just leave us hanging with "etc"

What else were they doing?

Were just having their lunch, then I'd imagine into the gym/sauna/jacuzzi/swimming pool for a light work out.

And I reckon Mr Murray will be hitting on the resident beauty therapist by now, good lad.

I think it will be another hard game tonight. Yeovil are fighting for League One status and will come at us from the start, so the boys will have to concentrate and not make any silly mistakes.  I predict a 2 - 1 win again for City and a very nervous fan listening here in Tallinn, but what do I know?

• Like 1

I think it will be another hard game tonight. Yeovil are fighting for League One status and will come at us from the start, so the boys will have to concentrate and not make any silly mistakes.  I predict a 2 - 1 win again for City and a very nervous fan listening here in Tallinn, but what do I know?

No need to be nervous, promotion's in the bag!

Our biggest local derby of the season ! When you think of Yeovil, no disrespect intended, you then realise we are missing our on derbies like other major cities in the country. So, go yourself the question, would you almost give your right arm for a Bristol derby in the Premier League that has the same adrenalin rush that Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, North London, Sheffield and Tyneside enjoy almost every year? Just ask a Wednesday fan how much they miss the annual Blades encounter. I want Rovers to get promoted this season and I want a Bristol derby sometime in our lifetime, fanciful and controversial but i bet a lot of you out there will agree with me.

I certainly disagree with you. If R*vers earn the right to a league derby then so be it, it is always an immensely passionate affair.

They haven't achieved that for 14 years and in the intermittent years have proved to be nothing but a disgrace to the city of Bristol, in footballing terms.

If all goes to plan at some point we will develop bigger rivalries with bigger clubs and R*vers will be consigned to the memories of yesteryear forever. It's looking a distinct possibility.

So on to tonight. The form book goes out of the window does it? Not a bit of it in my opinion. We should win handsomely because, frankly, we are on the best run and having the best season in the lifetime of most City fans. Why should we be shrinking violets. Oh, but it is a local derby so I will go for the 1-1 then! 3 away wins on the trot? surely not.

Domesday Book, Roman, Black Death, Bombed in WWII thanks to Westland, Gary Johnson.. that is what crops up when you google Yeovil. Thats your history lesson for tonight chaps cos i am entertaining and the Risotto is starting to crackle so needs some more white wine.

U riddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OH go on then... 0-3

Flint, Wilbs, JET Pen.

Nyt all. Hope I wake up to a decent result.. happy with a draw. Honest. :)

I think a Cardiff rivalry is more likely. Certainly next season, thats the big one.

• Like 1

It really gets up my gander when I cannot hit the edit button beyond half an hour or whatever it is... I abhor spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I can only apologise on behalf of OTIB for this failure to correct one's posts... sort it out chaps please. 

:sad26:

Right, I'm off.

Might be difficult in an open end to make a decent noise and I haven't seen the weather forecast for the South Somerset region...

The covert cider army in the home end - no getting kicked out.

Let's go get those three points boys !!

Was going to say 2nil win...

BUT..NO..

Let's make it interesting... 0-1, 1-1, 1-2,...ht.... 1-3, & finally 1-4 in the 86th min.

* Full Time - .... Yeovil 1 Bristol City 4 .. and three more points in the promotion bag.

(* dependant on Bristol Robs fag supply and number of fag breaks of course!)

• Like 1

Our standard line up. Thought JET would of started but hopefully Agard gets on the scoresheet tonight.

If you persevere with any striker in a chance producing team it's almost inevitable.

We've got a strong line up, let's hope they're all fit and firing and Agard rewards Cotts' faith.

Our standard line up. Thought JET would of started but hopefully Agard gets on the scoresheet tonight.

If you persevere with any striker in a chance producing team it's almost inevitable.

We've got a strong line up, let's hope they're all fit and firing and Agard rewards Cotts' faith.

To be fair most people and most reports had Agard as MOM against Orient, it's not always about scoring with strikers.

• Like 1

To be fair most people and most reports had Agard as MOM against Orient, it's not always about scoring with strikers.

The reports I saw had Freeman down as MOTM with Bryan, who contributed highly to 2 of the goals, also highly rated.

On the ratings thread for instance RedDave had Agard down as an 8 but Chivs was far less impressed and gave him a 6.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168242-the-ratings-are-in/

The reports I saw had Freeman down as MOTM with Bryan, who contributed highly to 2 of the goals, also highly rated.

On the ratings thread for instance RedDave had Agard down as an 8 but Chivs was far less impressed and gave him a 6.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/168242-the-ratings-are-in/

The man that matters SC singled him out for special praise after the game not something SC is prone to doing, 4 wins out of 4 something is obviously going well and Agard's contribution with 2 of the goals on the night was important.

of course had SC dropped him for JET then the moan would have been, FFS changing a winning team.

The man that matters SC singled him out for special praise after the game not something SC is prone to doing, 4 wins out of 4 something is obviously going well and Agard's contribution with 2 of the goals on the night was important.

of course had SC dropped him for JET then the moan would have been, FFS changing a winning team.

I see that as good man mangement from Cotts. to try and get Agard's confidence up - it also goes some way to justifying keeping him in the team.

Either way I didn't see Agard nominated as MOTM anywhere after the Orient game.

Let's hope he has a great game and earns that accolade tonight.

I see that as good man mangement from Cotts. to try and get Agard's confidence up - it also goes some way to justifying keeping him in the team.

Either way I didn't see Agard nominated as MOTM anywhere after the Orient game.

Let's hope he has a great game and earns that accolade tonight.

Seek an ye shall find.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/PLAYER-RATINGS-Leyton-Orient-1-Bristol-City-3/story-26114242-detail/story.html

Come on Fordy 4 straight wins?, would take a brave man to change that.

Would you keep me in the England Test team if I scored five ducks in a row when there's a bloke that normally scores 50 waiting to replace me? Provided that we were winning?

I can't argue with Cotts on this. I don't think anyone can argue with him about anything. But it disappoints me that there's no squad rotation to give JET a fair shot.

Would you keep me in the England Test team if I scored five ducks in a row when there's a bloke that normally scores 50 waiting to replace me? Provided that we were winning?

I can't argue with Cotts on this. I don't think anyone can argue with him about anything. But it disappoints me that there's no squad rotation to give JET a fair shot.

Not a good analogy really if you are a batsman with 5 ducks on the bounce you are not contributing to the team.

Why?? What manager in their right mind 13 games from the end of the season and nearly across the finish line would change a winning line up?

One that's been playing 2 games a week for the past month with more to come?

I'm not complaining, far from it. It's a little bit surprising though I can of course see the reasons for it.

Not a good analogy really if you are a batsman with 5 ducks on the bounce you are not contributing to the team.

You're right. It wasn't the best. But I think we should be playing JET. I still think he's our best match winner. And it disappoints me to think that he's not going to be here next season.

You're right. It wasn't the best. But I think we should be playing JET. I still think he's our best match winner. And it disappoints me to think that he's not going to be here next season.

I've been through 2 divorces, thatcher, labour and this is the first thing to make me cry, I'd also shoot the dog to keep him.

(Ok I like JET)