IGNORED

Fumming!

Jacs

I am a Forever Bristol Member (as are my other half and step-son) and I have been trying since 10 am to get through to Ashton Gate to buy 3 tickets for the Walsall game. 

I have called 200+ times (i kid you not) and most times the number is busy. On the 3 times I have actually got through, it has rung 6 times then I have got the engaged tone again!

I can not go down in person as I live in Kent!!!

This has really taken the gloss off promotion for me, the customer service a nothing short of appalling. 

All I want is 3 tickets for the Walsall game!!! Pulling my hair out here!!!!! :grr:

I will just sit on hold then!! 

Luckliy I have the afternoon off work!! 

The 'engaged tone' you hear after getting through is the queuing system (not that it is obvious). I have had to wait for up to 50 mins before when its busy. Email the club they might be able to help you out

Thanks, I have just got though again so will just sit and wait. 

They should make it obvious you are in a Q. 

The 'engaged tone' you hear after getting through is the queuing system (not that it is obvious). I have had to wait for up to 50 mins before when its busy. Email the club they might be able to help you out

have to admit I wasn't sure on this the other day, luckily I stayed on the phone and got through after 20 mins.

The 'engaged tone' is pretty unclear. I imagine plenty of people have hung up not realising that they're in the queue, especially with the season ticket renewals.

Can you not buy online? If you are not linked online try buying 1 Adult Member, 1 Adult and 1 child member (so 3 different "classes" of ticket) and it should let you - then call at a quieter time to get the refund on the extra fiver you paid on the adult ticket. I had to do this for the Swindon game.

I had the same problem mate.  I logged into the Bristol Sport website and then did it that way.  They don't make it obvious about the password being your postcode!!!!! I only found that out by accident.  

I know that the phone service is appaling and hopefully it will be sorted out in the summer as has been mentioned before.

I've got to say though that the service Ive received from Vicky and Abbie at Bristol sport has been first class. I needed to sort out the linking of my membership with my online account so I could get a ticket for this one and they were both very responsive.

I know that the phone service is appaling and hopefully it will be sorted out in the summer as has been mentioned before.

I've got to say though that the service Ive received from Vicky and Abbie at Bristol sport has been first class. I needed to sort out the linking of my membership with my online account so I could get a ticket for this one and they were both very responsive.

I agree that, once you actually get through, you can't fault the service, its just the getting though that has worn me down today!

I am a member with one other looking for 2 tickets together but only managed to get restricted view tickets, I rang 300 times (no exaggeration) with no luck before i decided to drive the hour to the ground and buy them.

Guest the b's

All sorted now. I have got 3 tickets, all bit it restricted view ones, and have made my displeasure know to the club, via a polite but strongly worded email. 

Hope you used a spellchecker ;)

Just got 1 restricted view in williams block B row 10 or something. any idea how bad its likely to be?

You'll be OK if you get there nice and early, and take a disc cutter with you.. Those steel pillar's are pretty hard but with a decent cutter and enough time it shouldn't be too difficult... With everyone singing and making enough noise to raise the roof it shouldn't cause much of a problem.. Besides. you'll only be chopping out a couple foot section, not removing the whole pillar so reckon it'll be alright...

Why people don't just do it online is beyond me. We know the phones are shit, they've said they plan to upgrade them, online is quick and easy so just do that...

It really isn't that easy. It took me until 2pm this afternoon to sort mine online, and it was far from quick and easy. It didn't recognised that I had forever Bristol membership, so it wouldn't show me the tickets. I then had to login through Bristol Sport, but it wouldn't then recognise my password.  It turns out, and by accident, that my password is my postcode!!!!! I mean WTF.  I was never advised that my password was my postcode.... Its stupid

It really isn't that easy. It took me until 2pm this afternoon to sort mine online, and it was far from quick and easy. It didn't recognised that I had forever Bristol membership, so it wouldn't show me the tickets. I then had to login through Bristol Sport, but it wouldn't then recognise my password.  It turns out, and by accident, that my password is my postcode!!!!! I mean WTF.  I was never advised that my password was my postcode.... Its stupid

Check your email, the one you should have had this week has the membership number, then underneath tells you the password is your postcode.

Just got back from the Gate, managed to get 2 tickets for Walsall. This was not straight forward. There were a few ,2 together in the Dolman, otherwise odd seats in the Williams.

It also took me 20 mins to log in and then couldn't see any seats, luckily I was working in Bedminster, nice and easy in person.

I now have a ST sorted for the Dolman, does it mean I have to leave early ??

Why people don't just do it online is beyond me. We know the phones are shit, they've said they plan to upgrade them, online is quick and easy so just do that...

have tried online all day even via Bristol Sport........have now given up

it is easy if everything is set up correct but if it isn't its a bleeding nightmare, I had to link my sons association so I could get him a ticket but I set up his membership up with my email, went to link it but can't do it because the email is already in use, then I had to phone the club to set up another email address so I could link it and while I was on the phone I checked all the details and they had my address from 2 years ago even tho I only set this account a couple of months ago, luckily for me I had the foresight to phone on Monday to sort it out and not leave it until today and had no problems at all today, but to answer your question it isn't bloody easy and it should be, IMO the club has made this so much harder than what it should be.

Check your email, the one you should have had this week has the membership number, then underneath tells you the password is your postcode.

Who's stupid now?

it is easy if everything is set up correct but if it isn't its a bleeding nightmare, I had to link my sons association so I could get him a ticket but I set up his membership up with my email, went to link it but can't do it because the email is already in use, then I had to phone the club to set up another email address so I could link it and while I was on the phone I checked all the details and they had my address from 2 years ago even tho I only set this account a couple of months ago, luckily for me I had the foresight to phone on Monday to sort it out and not leave it until today and had no problems at all today, but to answer your question it isn't bloody easy and it should be, IMO the club has made this so much harder than what it should be.

Oh I see so it's the clubs fault for you using the same email address twice and giving them the wrong address? This is data you input yourself, the club don't take a wild guess on it. The club get a huge amount of bashing and most of it is due to the pure incompetence of people (not a dig specifically at you). If people actually read their emails and followed simple instructions then the system works perfectly - apart from the ancient phone system which the club have apologised for.

I have had no problems this season with tickets including: West Ham, Walsall, ST and Walsall again. It isn't rocket science.

Who's stupid now?

Just checked my email address, I haven't received an email.  So that is stupid isn't it, presuming that everyone is going to get their emails / check them on a daily basis!!!!! I haven't got time during the day to send on the phone to the club, so in my mind it is mental.  Why not just link it to my normal account that I buy tickets from, and use that password? 

Just checked my email address, I haven't received an email.  So that is stupid isn't it, presuming that everyone is going to get their emails / check them on a daily basis!!!!! I haven't got time during the day to send on the phone to the club, so in my mind it is mental.  Why not just link it to my normal account that I buy tickets from, and use that password? 

Everyone should have received an email within the last few weeks for their supporter's ID. On the bottom of that email it tells you that your password is your postcode. The club also put up a link on their website saying if anyone doesn't receive their supporter's ID send an email to xyz at Bristol Sport. You will find many people on here that have had almost instant replies to their emails to Bristol Sport and have given specific praise to 2 members of staff in particular - their names escape me. Reading this it really makes it seem like I work for Bristol Sport but no, I'm just proactive and don't want to end up in situations like these because I can't follow simple instructions.

Everyone should have received an email within the last few weeks for their supporter's ID. On the bottom of that email it tells you that your password is your postcode. The club also put up a link on their website saying if anyone doesn't receive their supporter's ID send an email to xyz at Bristol Sport. You will find many people on here that have had almost instant replies to their emails to Bristol Sport and have given specific praise to 2 members of staff in particular - their names escape me. Reading this it really makes it seem like I work for Bristol Sport but no, I'm just proactive and don't want to end up in situations like these because I can't follow simple instructions.

Who on earth reads the Bristol City website everyday? Anyway, its sorted now, even if I am "stupid".

Who on earth reads the Bristol City website everyday? Anyway, its sorted now, even if I am "stupid".

Agree mate, I belong to a vintage scooter club and dont read the website too often, they changed the rideout from a Monday to the Sunday. I went on my own and met up with a load of rockers in Weston Super mare. Scared.....not a bit, challenged em all to a game of dominoes and lived to tell the tale :whistle: :whistle:

Oh I see so it's the clubs fault for you using the same email address twice and giving them the wrong address? This is data you input yourself, the club don't take a wild guess on it. The club get a huge amount of bashing and most of it is due to the pure incompetence of people (not a dig specifically at you). If people actually read their emails and followed simple instructions then the system works perfectly - apart from the ancient phone system which the club have apologised for.

I have had no problems this season with tickets including: West Ham, Walsall, ST and Walsall again. It isn't rocket science.

I updated my address on my account last June. When I went to renew my season ticket with my new ID the password wouldn't work because they were referring to my old address! I didn't give them wrong information, they were using an old/different database

Have managed to get season tickets in the family section of the South Stand for me and my youngest lad who is 9.

Initially thought it was going wrong at 10am, as neither of our supporter i/d's would log in with our post code. Fortunately I remembered a password I previously had on one of the i/d's, which managed to work ... from there was straight forward as the wonderful Abbie had sorted out the linkage to my son's FB account yesterday and tickets were booked.

Still not sure why the post code bit didn't work ... if just on my account which already had a password I could understand but not for my son's?

So in summary;

- happy with season tickets,

- thankful to Abbie,

- disliking my postcode, and,

- still loving the mighty reds (purple and limes).

Up the City!!!!!!!

Oh I see so it's the clubs fault for you using the same email address twice and giving them the wrong address? This is data you input yourself, the club don't take a wild guess on it. The club get a huge amount of bashing and most of it is due to the pure incompetence of people (not a dig specifically at you). If people actually read their emails and followed simple instructions then the system works perfectly - apart from the ancient phone system which the club have apologised for.

yes I gave them my email when I set up my lads account but I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to set it up using the same email address which I now know is your username, l never gave them the wrong address as the system had both my old and new merged together, I know you said this isn't a dig at me specifically at me and not taken that way but just trying to point out many haven't had such an easy experience as you and through no fault of their own, ps this wasn't data I put in the club put it in but then when I tried to link it I couldn't so phoned, not an issue as I did it before the rush,

Exactly !!

I got so pissed off today with the Bristol Sport website not responding to my following of the instructions, I drove down to AG and got into the queue for ST sales. At least there was coffee and biscuits, unlike the renewals a few weeks ago.. 

While waiting; I went online using my phone, and booked a Walsall ticket. That was nice and simple (as always !).

Why couldn't the ST sales be made simple like that ?!

Just got 1 restricted view in williams block B row 10 or something. any idea how bad its likely to be?

Not as bad as the restricted view from every seat in the Dolman at present. If we're to see the players on their lap of honour, they'll nee to parade around the centre circle!

The trick is to make sure you have your online accounts set up properly in advance of the day you're trying to buy tickets. The main thing is making sure you have accounts set up for each member using the email address the club has on record. You can call the club to verify the email addresses they have on record. It really isn't rocket science. I had some trouble when I first used the online system for members for the West Ham game, but I spoke to the club during a quiet period a few days later and sorted it all out in a matter of minutes. I had used a different email address for one member in our group than the one they had on record.

Today I bought two members tickets and had completed the transaction by 10.01am.

The online system is not perfect but once you have it set up it properly it sure beats sitting in an endless queue on the telephone while everyone else is snapping up the best seats on the Internet.

It's 2015. The telephone is Victorian technology. Online is the way to go these days.

It's 2015. The telephone is Victorian technology. Online is the way to go these days.

CR Be so good as to tell the b****y nuisances who cold call me about PPI, the accident I havent had, etc etc that and I can go back to enjoying my retirement :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont:

Oh no, they sold you THAT SEAT? ....blimey unlucky, you're sat behind that huge fat sweaty bloke with tourettes, take ear plugs you won't be able to see anything except a grubby shirt collar in front of you but at least the ear plugs will provide welcome restricted hearing as well.

Oh no, they sold you THAT SEAT? ....blimey unlucky, you're sat behind that huge fat sweaty bloke with tourettes, take ear plugs you won't be able to see anything except a grubby shirt collar in front of you but at least the ear plugs will provide welcome restricted hearing as well.

Behind the away bench is it?

All sorted now. I have got 3 tickets, all bit it restricted view ones, and have made my displeasure know to the club, via a polite but strongly worded email.

If you are annoyed about the wait time to get through on the phone and the shortage of prime seats, rather than email the club to express your frustration, would it not be more appropriate to email the 10,000 other city fans also trying to secure tickets who are getting in your way?

'Polite but Strongly worded' of course.

No, the fat, sweaty, hairy one sits next to me in the Atyeo. He always comes in a minute or two after kick-off with a Bovril (horrible stink) and a flaky pastry pasty which sheds crumbs in every direction.

Thank God I only have two more occasions to suffer him because I know the disgusting **** is not sitting next to me in the new stand!

Archived