IGNORED

The Official Middlesbrough V Champions Match Day Thread

havanatopia

Now we've got that win I just hope we can stop giving the opposition so much possession and actually take them game to them. On another day that could have been a thumping from Boro but we defended very well and that clean sheet was needed so badly!!

• Like 1

Fantastic win, and big shout out to Hamer who sounded like he made some great saves.

Really unexpected, but hopefully last two games have shown the team that even with this squad, we have nothing to be scared of in this league. Real backs to the wall stuff second half, but get in there!

Also real nice to actually be the bogie team to somebody else!

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

Fantastic result. Brilliant to hear some of the players who have been doubted up their game and Bobby, other than his miss, take a big step towards proving himself.So happy for the fans who were able to travel up all that way and hear them in full voice at the end on radio. Just brilliant

Well I never would have predicted that win. A VERY important and well deserved win.

I feel a lot better after the first win away. Lets turn the Gate into a wall of noise and fortress and build on this fantastic win.

Well done City, well done Cotts, well done to the 412 who went up there.

• Like 4

Sorry people, i think i got it wrong. If the guy had learning difficulties, i would never ever take the piss, for that I'm truly sorry, and hold my hand up. Think i got carried away with the surprise win, and was probably not listening to the chap to carefully. It's just when he said we were going to get promoted, i thought it a bit daft, but i never got my facts right. Sorry to him, and anyone i may have offended on here.

• Like 11

Massive massive win.

Have never felt so ill as today when watching our last 15 mins. Too many nerves.

Massive shout out to Flint who won everything in the air, Hamer who made some terrific saves, Bryan who was up and down all game, Reid who slotted very well into the team and Kodjia who totally pulled them apart first half.

Little didn't look match fit and we were lucky that we weren't punished for that starting choice. Also would love to see Agard upfront with Kodjia. Wilbs is a good servant but sometimes when we are on the counter attack offers us nothing. Having two pacey guys will frighten defences.

Finally the fans were brilliant. Non stop singing.

Great 3 points, great team performance and to be against my housemates team means it's been the perfect away day. Time for many a cider I think!

• Like 5

Massive massive win.

Have never felt so ill as today when watching our last 15 mins. Too many nerves.

Massive shout out to Flint who won everything in the air, Hamer who made some terrific saves, Bryan who was up and down all game, Reid who slotted very well into the team and Kodjia who totally pulled them apart first half.

Little didn't look match fit and we were lucky that we weren't punished for that starting choice. Also would love to see Agard upfront with Kodjia. Wilbs is a good servant but sometimes when we are on the counter attack offers us nothing. Having two pacey guys will frighten defences.

Finally the fans were brilliant. Non stop singing.

Great 3 points, great team performance and to be against my housemates team means it's been the perfect away day. Time for many a cider I think!

Didn't Wilbs produce the assist for Joe's goal?

Can city fans in Middlesbrough please tell us about the game! All I'm learning on here is that someone who rang up radio bristol might have learning difficulties. Want to know how they played in detail. Bobby Reid? Burns when he came on? Is little up to it from this game? How was kodjia? Etc etc! Coyr

Sorry people, i think i got it wrong. If the guy had learning difficulties, i would never ever take the piss, for that I'm truly sorry, and hold my hand up. Think i got carried away with the surprise win, and was probably not listening to the chap to carefully. It's just when he said we were going to get promoted, i thought it a bit daft, but i never got my facts right. Sorry to him, and anyone i may have offended on here.

Forgiven ?

Great result - pleased we managed to hold out as we always have trouble with that.  It sounded like Boro had a whole lot of possession without creating many clear cut chances, which I guess is an indicator of a resilient away performance.  More points on the board :)  Well done City.