IGNORED

City shop

Bobby kellard hero

Was in the shop last week and asked when the shirts would be in ( not the pro ones) and they weren't expecting anymore until around Nov, I thought We were getting them made inhouse so we could react to demand but doesn't seem to be happening like that, must be losing a fair bit of revenue.

Have to say that was my impression too!

I think everything about the rebuild is fantastic, but the club shop looks like a temporary, scaled down version of the old one. 

I dont get it..?! 

I'm equally puzzled, I mean why have we only got three stands, the ground looks like a temporary, scaled down version of the old one.

i don't get it...?

Lots of forum fanatics keen to discredit a fair question - not everyone can afford to spend every spare second of their life making sure they read every post ever written before asking a question.

Has it actually been stated formally anywhere that it is temporary, or is this just what the forum believes to be the case? (genuine question).

Even if it is only a temporary, it's still hugely underwhelming and doesn't explain why there appears to be a smaller range of products than there used to be.

Even if it is only a temporary, it's still hugely underwhelming and doesn't explain why there appears to be a smaller range of products than there used to be.

Of course it's underwhelming. It's a temporary site until the rebuild it completed.

You can be sure that club wants to make the shop as lucrative as possible but the current site is all that's currently available.

i wish some people would remember that there is a massive redevelopment of AG happening and that means reorganising virtually everything - including the shop so stop whinging.

Like I said, it doesn't explain why the product range is so limited. The new shop manages to be both small AND sparsely populated.

And I'm still waiting for someone to confirm that the club have formally stated it IS temporary.

it does explain why product range is small as the club will not be spending thousands on fixtures and fittings to display ranges only to take it all down later.

I can find no evidence that the new shop is temporary. The planning documents show it to be positioned where it is now:-

http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/0ED4B0251E0451EDBC9BFE85C8191884/pdf/13_03517_F-LEVEL_0_PLAN-1181666.pdf

Could someone claiming the shop to be temporary please explain how they came to this conclusion?

Ashtonboy, Sglos, Robbored?

The shop is not temporary.....that's it in all its glory! 

Not been in it yet myself so can't comment on size but the size and position was always as is and there are no other plans or formal comment that it will be bigger or placed elsewhere.

Whereas there will always be a shop, the club are pushing the on-line option.....it's the way forward people.

The shop is not temporary.....that's it in all its glory! 

Not been in it yet myself so can't comment on size but the size and position was always as is and there are no other plans or formal comment that it will be bigger or placed elsewhere.

Whereas there will always be a shop, the club are pushing the on-line option.....it's the way forward people.

They need to start pushing a bit harder then...there's **** all on there!

sorry, while you can hide behind the "rebuild" shield to explain away the shop, it doesn't explain the poxy online effort and extremely limited range. It also doesn't defend against the fact, that for a second year running, there are not enough replica shirts to meet demand.

I expected big improvements to the commercial retail side with the inception of Bristol Sport and while I suspect that they will get it right eventually, 2 years on its still an underwhelming effort.

As others have said there is no plans to move the shop as far as I'm aware. It is perhaps smaller than the old one which is surprising as it now has 5 teams to cater for. The difference from the old one is that there is currently no wall space to hang anything on. 

I cant see it getting any bigger but it may look so once the adjoining coffee shop opens and by the looks of it the Bar will also be connected (& the entrance to the museum). 

Perhaps ps the club are going to try and push the online business and if so I'm sure the product range will improve. I took my 3 year old in last week and there was nothing (other than the soft toys) suitable for her.  I think there needs to be an option of collecting online orders in store if that's the way they are going to go.

on a related note, does anyone have any idea of the clubs plans for a ticket office? I realise they are keen to do this online also, but with the current problems and still fairly large demographic that doesn't use the Internet so I feel they need somewhere, the shop clearly isn't big enough. 

There was another thread about this where I stuck up for it, so let me do so again. Yes the selection isn't the greatest but I think there's an argument of quality over quantity. Rather than countless random odds and ends with a City crest on them, there are a few items that are smart, well designed and look good.

I really don't want to sound like  Hopesy here but I bought a zip up track jacket (the kind international footballers wear before they kick off) which is one of the tidiest bits of City gear I've ever got, a fleece jacket, a polo shirt and a training top, and they're all top notch and lots of people ask where I got them. 

So there's a danger threads like this put people off even trying the shop. It's worth a look, there is more than just replica shirts but I'd echo the temporary comment as well because the track tops weren't even out, they had one in a display so I just asked and they disappeared off and came back with one for me.

The real criticism is the online site which has nothing and must be missing a tonne of business. I asked in person if they could mail aforementioned items to me in London to save me lugging on the train after midweek game and they refused "only items bought online" (but we can't buy any of these items online!)

But anyway quality is there. Being in clothing manufacturing as a hobby myself I can see it's a step up on quality, the City of old bought loads of horrible fitting basic template items and literally just whacked a cheap City crest on, or worse a tacky looking screenprint of Bristol City written in some awful 70s font.

All the stuff I got look like original items (ie not based on a job lot of bad fitting red sweatshirts or odd looking black jackets from China) they're well manufactured, and full of small details like branded loop tags on cuffs or waist. Probably meaningless to you but add to cost of manufacture, not simply 'cheap'. 

And if you really don't like it, or the selection, you can always count on the 36 different items in the new improved web store at SouthBristol.com for sweatshirts, tees, caps and beanies (sorry, couldn't resist!)

If how it is now, is how it's staying, It is far too small. 

I can only assume that if we became reasonably successful, it would be changed because with our attendances now of 15,000, you can barely move in it and the queue snakes around the entire shop making it difficult just to have a look. Imagine if we did manage to get 20K plus as I'm sure they are hoping?

What's the email of the stadium guy who was looking for feedback? Thinking about alerting him to the consensus that the new shop is for lack of a better word, shite.

Don't know the email address but it's a good idea. It certainly lacks the wow factor we might have expected, although to be fair it may be that the fit-out is not yet complete (although there is no suggestion that this is the case).

But anyway quality is there. Being in clothing manufacturing as a hobby myself I can see it's a step up on quality, the City of old bought loads of horrible fitting basic template items and literally just whacked a cheap City crest on, or worse a tacky looking screenprint of Bristol City written in some awful 70s font.

Yeah... COMPLETELY different to the CURRENT training tops that look like they've come straight off of a dodgy Spanish street market (below).

10538029-large.jpg

What's the email of the stadium guy who was looking for feedback? Thinking about alerting him to the consensus that the new shop is for lack of a better word, shite.

You can tweet Andrew Billingham @BristolSportAB - He's Chief Executive of Bristol Sport I believe...

Or you can tweet OTIBs favourite David Lloyd - Fan Liaison Officer @BristolSportDL or email him David.Lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk

Hope this helps

Nobody suggested the shop will be in a different location, but  clearly the build is not finished. Give them a chance to fit it out properly as per the rest of the South Stand and then judge.

The original poster's complaint was that the shop was small. Your reply (and others) was to say that it is temporary and to have patience. Therefore that implies that it will somehow get bigger, which it won't. He can be as patient as he likes but it will still be the same size.

PS - Robbored called it a "temporary site", which clearly suggests a change of location.

That's not quite what I was after septic, a while ago he stadium managers email was posted on here as fans had been mentioning that he was eager for feedback and comments both positive and negative. If anyone has his email please do share.

mark.kelly@bristol-sport.co.uk

That's not quite what I was after septic, a while ago he stadium managers email was posted on here as fans had been mentioning that he was eager for feedback and comments both positive and negative. If anyone has his email please do share.

Soz mate. Perhaps it's in the Stadium subforum posts. If I spot it, will pm it to you.

Edit: @RedYoshi beat me to it! :thumbsup:

I really don't want to sound like  Hopesy here but I bought a zip up track jacket (the kind international footballers wear before they kick off) which is one of the tidiest bits of City gear I've ever got, a fleece jacket, a polo shirt and a training top, and they're all top notch and lots of people ask where I got them. 

You brought the whole shop out?! 

Was in the shop last week and asked when the shirts would be in ( not the pro ones) and they weren't expecting anymore until around Nov, I thought We were getting them made inhouse so we could react to demand but doesn't seem to be happening like that, must be losing a fair bit of revenue.

They are made in-house. Had a peek through the discreet door out back and took a pic. This is what I saw:

work-in-clothes-factory-haiti.jpe

Pretty disgraceful that this 'made in-house' merchandise isn't available on request?!

On the subject of things about the shop being smaller - does anyone know if there is a 3xl size available for fat bar stewards like myself or is xxl as big as they go?

Following this too. Mr Peg has shoulders like Mike Tindall (wrong sport I know but he likes the egg chasers as well as City) and I know you can get 3XL for the Rugby shirts...

Archived