IGNORED

The Evening Post & Local Media

Gerry Gows' Tash

My problems with the EP are

1) Bristol is a young, dynamic, trendy City, why then does the EP continue to fill it up with stories about old ladies cats stuck up trees ?

2) As above why are all the letters from old blokes moaning about cyclists, teenagers, the price of stamps etc.

3) My biggest bugbear, the relative coverage of City and the Gas. City are in a higher divsion and for all of last season were challenging for promotion. Even when we were close to the record for a winning streak, there was more coverage in the national press than in the EP.

4) The gas, struggling at the foot of the basement continued to get more column inches than us. Even if the paper is owned and run by gasheads, surely they realise that we have higher gates and therefore they will appeal to more readers if they give us better coverage.

Points West - That silly blonde cow kept calling us "Bristol" in the run up to the PO final. And one Friday they did a preview of "Local Teams" weekend fixtures in the following order:

Swindle

Cheltenham

Yeovil

The Gas

Us

Bristol is the capital of the SW and City are it's biggest team, it's like the Liverpool echo covering Tranmere ahead of Liverpool, wouldn't happen, what is wrong with them ?

I refuse to buy the EP and have stopped watching Points West in protest.

Rant over !

:grr::D:grr::laugh:

The BBC try to cover all local teams in a very short programme time allocation and I don't feel that they are disrespectfull to City or any other club.

As for the EP, just because City are the highest placed club in the area doesn't mean that they should get more coverage than the Gas.The EP has to be fair to both clubs.EP readers support both clubs.

My beef with EP is is lack of quality reporters.

As for the EP, just because City are the highest placed club in the area doesn't mean that they should get more coverage than the Gas.
Of course it does !!!! Would you expect the London Evening Standard to cover Arsenal/Chelsea/Tottenham or Fulham/Charlton/Milwall. Mass publications should cater for the majority - why do they have to give equal coverage ??? Would that still apply if the gas were in the conference ???

Yeah but if the coverage was better then more people would be interested ??

I've been through phases of not going to many games in a season but I still want to read about my club, and all those part timers who went to Mil Stad, even if only 10% of them came to the Gate regularly we'd have a full house every week

Archived