IGNORED

The Official Champions v Nottingham Forest Match Day Thread

havanatopia

Oi Aizoon

At what temperature do most adult Hogs begin to hibernate?

Uncle TFR

Horace gets a bit dozy at -5C, TFR. But then, he's a tough old hog. You might see him on Sky 1 if it comes back ;)

Edited by Aizoon

Don't get signing Cox and then keeping Wilbs on the pitch when clearly ******.

the bloke could barley run at the end.

Baffling

He could barely run after 30 mins... obviously did the business with the 2 goals, but you can see why we invite so much pressure with Wilbs just a passenger for the 2nd half. Just don't get how Cotts cannot see it.

• Like 1

Important win. One win, three draws and one defeat in last five, and in fairness much closer to winning than losing in all those three. 

Yes, Forest had lots of changes which showed early on, yes, a lot closer in second half, but brought it home.

Wilbs it seems will play ninety however knackered, and shout out to Fielding who made a couple of really good saves at important times.

Two tough away games now, but heck yes, that feels better.

Edited by cityexile

He could barely run after 30 mins... obviously did the business with the 2 goals, but you can see why we invite so much pressure with Wilbs just a passenger for the 2nd half. Just don't get how Cotts cannot see it.

I disagree. Wilbs is composed and confident when he's on the ball and an ever-present in the air. Didn't stop closing down all game and was a leader and an experienced head out there when it mattered. Cotts gave the two wings backs a rest albeit Bennett was probably tired from lack of match fitness (he had a quiet second half for me) and freeman who had been tireless. No choice but to keep the target man up top as an outlet in what was a tight second half.

Good management. Happy fan. On to the next one!

• Like 4

Disappointing.

2 up after 11 minutes, why didn't we go on to score loads more to improve the goal difference?

Wilbs is old and slow,

Flint can't score

Cotts out.

;)

Got to be happy with that, especially the first half performance.

Freeman and Ayling showing some of last seasons form too, and Kodjia looks exciting.

COYRs

• Like 1

Only a great double save cost him a third late on.

True enough, but the bit I do not get is if Cotts sees that role as absolutely crucial, why no player in to at least provide cover for it? We are off with the fairies if we think he can play fifty times a season for 90 mins, however willing his heart is.

didn't say no-one does but..... hes prob the strongest/fittest forward we have and took a one hell of a beating up top tonight....and by a few on here it seems.

FFS leave him and SC alone

I really don't think people are getting on Wilbs back other than saying he was knackered. He can't help that and IMO should have been taken off for no other reason than he had run himself in to the ground.

• Like 1

After 30 minutes I really don't think I could have picked a MoM; 2 goals from Wilbs, Kodjia looking different gravy, smith, pack and Freeman running midfield against 3 players who've all played in the Premier League, a back three who looked like they COULD ACTUALLY DEFEND!!! Special mention for the wing backs though. Del was out of position and bar a couple of mistakes he got away with was brilliant. Bennett, meanwhile, gave us a completely different dimension on the right. So, so happy with that win

COYR

• Like 3

After 30 minutes I really don't think I could have picked a MoM; 2 goals from Wilbs, Kodjia looking different gravy, smith, pack and Freeman running midfield against 3 players who've all played in the Premier League, a back three who looked like they COULD ACTUALLY DEFEND!!! Special mention for the wing backs though. Del was out of position and bar a couple of mistakes he got away with was brilliant. Bennett, meanwhile, gave us a completely different dimension on the right. So, so happy with that win

COYR

Yep! A competent, team performance. Onwards & upwards.

Thought Korey was outstanding would have been my man of the match, although Freeman was excellent first half.

Korey should be our man of the match every match. The guy does everything!

COYR

I thought Kodjia was average tonight actually. Tried a few tricks that didn't come off, had one run at goal but didn't do much else