IGNORED

The Official Brighton & Hove Albion v Champions Match Day Thread

havanatopia

Disappointing for sure. Was always a real tough gig this one, and we needed the big moments to go our way. In the game all the way through, and get the penalty or Kods scores it's all different. Gave ourselves a chance.

Our defending for the goals is not great. Most likely they deserved the win over the 90, but we are not so very far away.

Cotts talking saying we are hard done by tonight but we have to take those other chances and there were plenty of them.

Could have been 5-2 .. hmmmm.. fighting talk from Cotts. Good man.

On to Cardiff.

Bit ott from Cotts, which is ever the case when we lose. Some great last ditch defending from us at times.

From the commentary, sounding like Brighton will feel they did enough to win it. Equally, it as ever comes down to a couple of key moments that go against us. Defend better for their goals, take our chances, and we were off and running. Lost to the runaway leaders by a late goal, clear penalty denied, dust ourselves down and in to the next one.

Really does sound like we have what it takes to stay in this league, if we can go to the league leaders and come out disappointed not to got something from it then we should be able to beat the teams around us but we got take our chances before they get confidence and get a goal before we do.

Really does sound like we have what it takes to stay in this league, if we can go to the league leaders and come out disappointed not to got something from it then we should be able to beat the teams around us but we got take our chances before they get confidence and get a goal before we do.

Only going by the commentary, but in fairness at 1-1 it felt like we were having a go. Created in that time a very decent penalty shout and a great chance. On another day and all that. 

Really does sound like we have what it takes to stay in this league,

We're 21st and only out of the relegation zone on GD, have won 2 in 13 and have already conceded 22 goals. I don't care what it sounds like, we aren't showing we have what it takes at all.

Edited by BCFC Jordan

We had a good chance of a win  against the league's pace setters  . listening on the radio it sounded like the game could of gone either way but Brighton brought quality subs  near the end.  

If cotts can trust in his whole squad ( or have a plan b) more maybe we will see wilbs rested more.Of course that's easier Said then done when we don't see the players train week in week out.  

We're 21st and only out of the relegation zone on GD, have won 2 in 13 and have already conceded 22 goals. I don't care what it sounds like, we aren't showing we have what it takes at all.

Seriously, we lost tonight against the team who are top of the league, we more than matched them and were very unlucky. Take the positives out of the performance and on another day we would have at least come away with a point.
We are definitely better than at least 3 teams in this League, it's a building process with a young and inexperienced squad at this level, what were you expecting us to just come up and take the league by storm?  Get real!

Jordan your still on a doomer from the transfer window, it's not coming back.

What we have is what weve got so stop f...kin moaning get over it and if your down the gate get behind our Boys!!!

• Like 3

just had a tex from my son, said he was proud of the team 2nd half should have won the game.

Good to hear, but add to that Ipswich, PNE, MK Dons and the list is growing. OK for now but got to hope we can capitalise on chances. A few more points will make a big difference and improve confidence.

I am, I won't deny that. It just feels such a missed opportunity, this season.

Definitly is a missed opportunity I'll give you that Jordan if we'd got the players we needed/expected we should been fighting for play off spots imo as it goes we didn't but I still believe we've got enough to stay up, just!

I don't see how you can't be disappointed. Regardless of the opposition, we've had leads in our last 4 matches and won only 1 of them. It's the same problems every week. We don't take our chances and opposing teams do. The subs are always too little too late. We can't defend and play with the ball too much. Everyone sees the problems and they don't get fixed. 

Of course tonight was tough but we done ourselves no favors by losing leads in about half our matches this season. Beat MK Dons and Ipswich and this is an easier loss but we don't take care of our points and we lose them. 

Did you seriously think we'd go onto have a season like we did under GJ in 07/08? The league has improved a lot since then, think the team are slowly getting to grips with the League and will eventually be a very good Championship outfit!

No, I didn't expect us to spend most of the season at the top of the league. I do, however, genuinely feel that if we'd have strengthened to an adequate degree we'd have been capable of a top-half finish. It's all a domino effect, everything has just been so depressing since we let JET go. Kodjia's been the one bright light and I feel sorry for the lads we do have here, because with a bit of strengthening in the summer, we'd have been in a very good position.

I do moan a lot, but at the end of the day, I just want us to do well. We're left persisting with a 36 year-old that just doesn't have the energy anymore at the moment. It's a missed opportunity and honestly the most frustrating season in my time of supporting.

No, I didn't expect us to spend most of the season at the top of the league. I do, however, genuinely feel that if we'd have strengthened to an adequate degree we'd have been capable of a top-half finish. It's all a domino effect, everything has just been so depressing since we let JET go. Kodjia's been the one bright light and I feel sorry for the lads we do have here, because with a bit of strengthening in the summer, we'd have been in a very good position.

I do moan a lot, but at the end of the day, I just want us to do well. We're left persisting with a 36 year-old that just doesn't have the energy anymore at the moment. It's a missed opportunity and honestly the most frustrating season in my time of supporting.

If i'm honest Kodjia is probably better than JET, if he'd have been in our team last season he'd have scored 30+. Obviously JET wasn't happy here and wanted to move back to London, don't think it was solely SC's decision but you need to move on. 
Frustrating yes, just need to keep faith with the Manager and Players,  they got us up here in style in the best season ever they will improve i'm sure and for once we have a side in this League who genuinely cares and puts everything in for this club. Patience.

This league is about small margins...taking your chances when you can....and making the right decisions at the right time.

We are not being outplayed by anyone. But SC is going to have his work cut out keeping spirits high.

He needs to make the right decisions...I firmly believe the players are doing their best....but not being helped by his indecision in certain circumstances.

Worth noting how tight this league is and how small the margins are....Team in 10th place QPR have conceded the same amount of goals as us, but scored only 4 more....

Those 4 more have contributed to the 6 more points than us....like I said....small margins.

• Like 1

This league is about small margins...taking your chances when you can....and making the right decisions at the right time.

We are not being outplayed by anyone. But SC is going to have his work cut out keeping spirits high.

He needs to make the right decisions...I firmly believe the players are doing their best....but not being helped by his indecision in certain circumstances.

Worth noting how tight this league is and how small the margins are....Team in 10th place QPR have conceded the same amount of goals as us, but scored only 4 more....

Those 4 more have contributed to the 6 more points than us....like I said....small margins.

Hi - Brighton fan here - totally agree. We haven't won a game by more than a goal this season. We're not exactly dominating sides from whistle to whistle (one exception, Cardiff, we drew with!) and I think most people would say the likes of Middlesbrough and Derby have more individual quality than us but we just seem to keep nicking the results so far this season. There's a lot of experience and leaders in our side, perhaps that's a factor in the fine margins so far, or perhaps we'll soon start ending up on the wrong side of it and everything going wrong!

Little consolation I guess but thought City were decent. Well organised and worked hard for each other. Kodjia was very good, Freeman seemed to be everywhere too. Wouldn't expect you to be battling relegation based on that game. 

• Like 1

Loving all the positivity about our performances, but 46 'We lost, but at least we did enough to win on a better day' performances aren't going to save us from relegation. As it stands we are safe and there is a long way to go, but we have to start performing now while the gap between us and further up the table is small, otherwise we'll find it increasingly difficult to maintain morale.

COYR!

2 in 12.. minor detail but it is a detail nonetheless me babber. ;)

The Brighton fans on their forum are full of praise for us as a team and think Codgers the best striker they've seen this season by a country mile.... Better side according to most of their fans..

Just need to string 3-4 result together and we'll be fine!!

Good to hear but of course as you and others say its a results business.

Having an after game look on their forums. They really don't like our team, or club. One person called us tinpot, pretty sure they need to look at their own club for that. And they certainly rated Kodjia, some said he's the best ST they have seen in ages, as well as Freeman and his work rate.

They should read my OP for a reminder on who is more tinpot than the other then. They are a 4 season top flight club and have spent well over half of their history in the lowest two divisions. Just because they have a 30k new stadium they think they are the dogs bollox all of a sudden. Still, good luck to the club as long as they take no more points from us this season and thrash the team in 6th on the final day and let us into the play offs.

If i'm honest Kodjia is probably better than JET, if he'd have been in our team last season he'd have scored 30+. Obviously JET wasn't happy here and wanted to move back to London, don't think it was solely SC's decision but you need to move on. 
Frustrating yes, just need to keep faith with the Manager and Players,  they got us up here in style in the best season ever they will improve i'm sure and for once we have a side in this League who genuinely cares and puts everything in for this club. Patience.

Dare i say JET. Is  more clinical ?

Hi - Brighton fan here - totally agree. We haven't won a game by more than a goal this season. We're not exactly dominating sides from whistle to whistle (one exception, Cardiff, we drew with!) and I think most people would say the likes of Middlesbrough and Derby have more individual quality than us but we just seem to keep nicking the results so far this season. There's a lot of experience and leaders in our side, perhaps that's a factor in the fine margins so far, or perhaps we'll soon start ending up on the wrong side of it and everything going wrong!

Little consolation I guess but thought City were decent. Well organised and worked hard for each other. Kodjia was very good, Freeman seemed to be everywhere too. Wouldn't expect you to be battling relegation based on that game. 

Our country thanks your country . Top city Istanbul .