IGNORED

The Official Champions v Fulham Match Day Thread

havanatopia

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

5-3-2 is not a system for this level, better squads and players can rip it apart. We do not have the quality to counter that. Our squad is not the best, yet SC sets us up to be beaten every week. We needed to consolidate in the league, not think we could outplay everyone. It is a monumental management error, and we can carry on saying we are getting better, we are not. Great performances and we still do not win. SC is clearly out of his depth, and all we are doing is waiting for the inevitable. It is just a question of when not if, and to know how much we are in the black hole. I so wanted SC to wake up, he has not, he has carried on with his foolish and reckless approach, and for that he has to go. A top manager would have adapted by now, and recognised the errors. He has not, and for me, is time to change to give someone a chance to save us from relegation. 

So do you back Cotts, or not??

Uncle TFR

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

5-3-2 is not a system for this level, better squads and players can rip it apart. We do not have the quality to counter that. Our squad is not the best, yet SC sets us up to be beaten every week. We needed to consolidate in the league, not think we could outplay everyone. It is a monumental management error, and we can carry on saying we are getting better, we are not. Great performances and we still do not win. SC is clearly out of his depth, and all we are doing is waiting for the inevitable. It is just a question of when not if, and to know how much we are in the black hole. I so wanted SC to wake up, he has not, he has carried on with his foolish and reckless approach, and for that he has to go. A top manager would have adapted by now, and recognised the errors. He has not, and for me, is time to change to give someone a chance to save us from relegation. 

Have stuck up for Cotts massively until today. However as you said, the fact he hasn't changed it says it all.

This thrashing is one step to far

I think we should continue as we are, maybe bring a sub on after 85 minutes or so! :grr:

1 minute ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

So do you back Cotts, or not??

I want to back Cotts, and have done so far, but he needs to recognise when his team and tactics aren't working, and have a plan B. So far he has shown no hint that he has a plan B, and at this level, that is not accepable

I'm probably stating the obvious ............. but if we can consolidate and get a couple in the second half most people will be merely severely pissed off.

If we go down anything like 0-6, we will be summoned into the office to explain what the **** he is playing at, and what we is going to do to change things.

Second half vital for Cotts.

:fingerscrossed:

COYR!!

Uncle TFR

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Sigh. 60 mins, no subs.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Kodjia must have had more efforts on goal than any other player on the pitch.

Yes but even he is not shooting when he should. that's the difference Fulham shoot and score.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How the **** do you turn off notifications?

I've unfollowed and requested that no notification is sent, yet every could of minutes my phone let's me know there have been more replies.

Yes. I am aware that I will get another notification in reply to this.

Agree 100%... irritating beyond belief. Please somebody tell how its done.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

How the **** do you turn off notifications?

I've unfollowed and requested that no notification is sent, yet every could of minutes my phone let's me know there have been more replies.

Yes. I am aware that I will get another notification in reply to this.

I could tell you, but I'd have to notify you. 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

In a season where our transfer activity could very well get us relegated. it's quite sad that our single summer signing has been the one bright light.

And that our only other one we ended up selling to a team who just beat the shit out us inside 35 minutes at home.

We cut our own throats this summer.

Edited by samo II

If anything defined a consolidation goal, there it is. Good he got one mind, just getting to the stage where he did need to finish one.

Fulham, sounded the definition of clinical. Us, anything but.

Anything other would be an emotional response. Deep breaths for a bit I think.

4 minutes ago, Badger8 said:

I got smashed last week and the week before for saying that we look defensively frail and I was fed-up of SC's ego in not changing things. Just saying like.....

Yep you got smashed for saying it because we'd kept 2 clean sheets in 3 games. Please keep your smug "I told you so" posts to yourself, no one is impressed and no one wants to hear it when we've just been hammered at home.

A simple summary... We can't defend and we can't score..!!

How many chances did we have first half and we didn't even hit the target let alone work the keeper. Every team apart from MK /florist at the gate has punished us by taking there chances when we have been the dominant side.

• Like 1

What would people do on Tuesday?

Foe me it would be Hamer and Reid in for Fielding and Freeman. Maybe Cox for Wilbraham who looked like he had concrete boots on today. And definitely Baker in for Bryan if the lad is fit. For me Bryan and Freeman went missing when it counted today. Pack gets a lot of stick in comparison but at least he tried to get on the ball and put himself up there to be shot at - a far better trait in a player than going missing in my view.

• Like 3

Here we go then... Cotts on the radio... seems very subdued... not heard him like this after a loss before. A reality check? Maybe we will see some formation or player changes.

He is talking a lot better than he usually does after a loss though... a little humbleness from him. Suits him under these circumstances. Fair play to him.

Freeman taken off because he had already been booked and Cotts did not want to risk a red card.

Thought Freeman once again had a lacklustre performance, I love that he's always showing for the ball and doesn't hide away but he delays his passes so often it really frustrates me, constantly taking extra touches and then the moment has passed. Really hope Reid starts instead of him next game as at least Reid can spot a pass as opposed to running until he loses it. Would also like to see Kodjia with someone else, personally I'd take Burns or Cox over Wilbs. This has ruined my birthday on monday.