IGNORED

Tinmans "yellow" Celebration

bcfc seattle

I couldn`t see from where I was what Tinnion had done wrong either, what does the ref expect him to do? calmly walk back I suppose. Reminds me of Luke Beckett earlier on in season, scored last minute penalty then got second yellow for over celebrating.

When I saw Tinman climbing on the advertising boards, two things came to mind:

• Crikey, he's a bit old to be climbing up that high
  • That's a bit enthusiastic, I hope the ref doesn't take exception

Unfortunately, the ref did take exception but it seemed like a pedantic booking. The game was almost over. Tinman didn't incite anyone, all the fans were already gathered there.

It's a shame because the ref otherwise had an excellent game.

Apart from that i thought the ref had a really good game!

Yeah, the only strange thing he did was having given us a free kick on the edge of the box, he then put it down inside to measure up for the wall! It was Tinns that pointed it out to him, nice way to thank him!

I`ll agree that the ref had a good game, the only things that I`d moan about were 2 bookings, Tinnion and Brown. I didn`t think there was alot in the challenge and only seemed to worry about booking Brown after a Barnsley player had a word or three with the ref.

Yes the ref had a good game on Sat - fair enough.

One of the main reasons why people are saying this is because there were no contraversial decisions to make and he litterally had to take a back seat during the game.

The thing that annoys me is that often referees will be slatted on here and elsewhere when they have had a perfectly good game but because of the nature of the game have had to make one or two decisions which will never please everyone. Therefore, this leads them to have had a shocking game.

The thing that annoys me is that often referees will be slatted on here and elsewhere when they have had a perfectly good game but because of the nature of the game have had to make one or two decisions which will never please everyone.  Therefore, this leads them to have had a shocking game.

I'd never guess that you're a referee..... :)

Guest KingswoodRed

To be fair to the referee, once a player leaves the pitch to celebrate he has to be booked as a ruling, whether it be the FA UEFA or FIFA, not sure.

The guys hands are tied.

Just as long as all players are booked, and I think they are, once it happens. At least there is consistancy with that ruling albeit a dafty one.

I know it adds up on the tally but i dont think Tinman could of given a hoot about his booking on Saturday....

I just laugh afterwards when the stewards get a telling off for letting the fans get near the players. This has happened twice now and each time Tins has jumped into the fans :clap: immense!

I know it adds up on the tally but i dont think Tinman could of given a hoot about his booking on Saturday....

I just laugh afterwards when the stewards get a telling off for letting the fans get near the players. This has happened twice now and each time Tins has jumped into the fans  :clap: immense!

True. At that point I'm sure you'd (I'd) have traded quite a few yellow cards for a win :clap:

Just gets on my nerves!

I thought referees' were unbiased and let no personnal emotion sway their decisions. Ahh, of course not.

Tinnions' booking is quoted as "Time Wasting" in tonights Bristol Evening Post, and he only received it on his return to his own half, so that figures.

If this is the case, he was lucky not to get one earlier, when turning round the ball, like The Exxon Valdez to get it on to that left foot. :how funny: :how funny: :how funny:

When I saw Tinman climbing on the advertising boards, two things came to mind:
  • Crikey, he's a bit old to be climbing up that high

• That's a bit enthusiastic, I hope the ref doesn't take exception

Unfortunately, the ref did take exception but it seemed like a pedantic booking.  The game was almost over.  Tinman didn't incite anyone, all the fans were already gathered there.

It's a shame because the ref otherwise had an excellent game.

Do you sit in the Williams?

B)

I rememeber some Seattle Sounder player taking off his jersey hanging it on the corner flag, tearing the corner flag up running behind the goal and up the otherside of the pitch with his "flag", throwing the pole down putting his jersey back on. It was even funnier as the referee had the card out the whole time and just followed him around the pitch and finallygave him a card right before the restart. Now that is a earned yellow for celebrating.

I rememeber some Seattle Sounder player taking off his jersey hanging it on the corner flag, tearing the corner flag up running behind the goal and up the otherside of the pitch with his "flag", throwing the pole down putting his jersey back on.  It was even funnier as the referee had the card out the whole time and just followed him around the pitch and finallygave him a card right before the restart. Now that is a earned yellow for celebrating.

Does anyone have a video? Sounds great wish i was there to see it!

Guest KingswoodRed

I'm sure time is added for "dicking around" with substitutions, oh, and it is within the rules. :clap:

I know I will be corrected in time if this is wrong, but I think you will find there is/was a rule that meant a minute was added to normal time for every substitution made.

If this rule is still in force, then it clearly is not being enforced.

Maybe if used, then these ridiculous last second substitutions will not be used so much as a stalling method.

It is yet another pathetic tactic that has crept into our game, and has been accepted as 'legal' along with blatent obstruction from the ball so called 'shephearding' the ball out in other words....

....constant foul throws using only one hand as the propulsion with a 'token' hand behind the ball....

....balls obviously not in the quadrant when a corner kick is being taken....

....diving......ok ok I'll stop now.

I shall now step down from my Fairy Liquid box.

How many minutes get added on for making a late substitution but then when the guy is almost off the pitch deciding you want someone else to come off instead?! So funny when we scored and all of sudden the goalie wanted to take his goal kick ten times quicker than 5 minutes earlier haha

Archived