IGNORED

Don't tell them the result !!!!

BobBobSuperBob

The reason results are not published is because they serve no purpose.Kids football at U7/8/9's etc has no league tables and is mixed between development matches and competitive matches where the total scores of two matches are combined e.g. 7-1 + 4-4 = 11-5. Those results go to placing sides into bands to prevent 25 - 0 happening the season after.

So that That article is complete shite.

In Sweden they didn't just outlaw the printing of results in papers. They outlawed the actual results.

Perhaps it was in retaliation after Swedens women football team lost against some local youth team in Stockholm. They played no further after coming 3-0 down. Next step will be to outlaw all men. Especially if they play football.

10 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

make em play with jumpers for goalposts, dog poo everywhere, last goal wins, Wembley, pick sides with the fat un always last, no girls,knockout ginger on the way home covered in mud an shite and then tea

balls to the pc brigade 

Not forgetting...pea shooters, air guns,catapults, and french arrows to name a few...NOW ! FFS the cast at the Hippodrome cant even throw bags of sweets into the audience for fear of blinding some poor punter....JEEZ

And i thought this was about the Likely Lads

24 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

make em play with jumpers for goalposts, dog poo everywhere, last goal wins, Wembley, pick sides with the fat un always last, no girls,knockout ginger on the way home covered in mud an shite and then tea

balls to the pc brigade 

Sounds a bit like the Memorial Stadium on a good day.:clapping:

Takes me back to school days. I remember in assembly on a Monday the Head would read out the Saturdays school results (Chipping Sodbury Grammar). We had a good side in the mid 60's and quite often dicked other schools. The old Head would say " CSGS beat xxxxx by a substantial score".  He must have been ahead of his time !

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

balls to the pc brigade 

I think we might have played in the same team!

14 hours ago, archie andrews said:

balls to the pc brigade 

I don't think Ginger ever recovered.

:ill:

11 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

French Arrows Dandy's and Daps, Short School Trousers until 11, British Bulldog and Catapaults made out of Meccano, Were were tough, and we could take a stuffing, and often did. 

And we always came back fighting .

Cowboys and Indians , with real weapons., well,  cap guns and arrows with little suckers that often fell off .

Today's kids don't need an imagination because everything is there for them in their video games .

14 hours ago, Olympian said:

In Sweden they didn't just outlaw the printing of results in papers. They outlawed the actual results.

Perhaps it was in retaliation after Swedens women football team lost against some local youth team in Stockholm. They played no further after coming 3-0 down. Next step will be to outlaw all men. Especially if they play football.

Harsh but fair :nono: 

I thought football was supposed to be non-competitive these days at those ages? In that case, publishing results would only be counter-productive and encourage people to make it competitive.

If not being competitive at that level is accepted (and I'm undecided on that) then it makes perfect sense not to publish any results.

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I thought football was supposed to be non-competitive these days at those ages? In that case, publishing results would only be counter-productive and encourage people to make it competitive.

If not being competitive at that level is accepted (and I'm undecided on that) then it makes perfect sense not to publish any results.

Being non-competitive at that age is a very good thing. Let the kids learn to play the game ie ball skills and passing should be second nature long before they start worrying about results. I used to live next to a playing field with five pitches and saturday mornings were filled with the sound of rabidly competitive parents on the sidelines screaming at them to get rid of the ball to the big lad up front. The results of this thinking in British football can be detected right up to International level.

Southstandoriginal see it frequently. Teams wanting to win at all costs. Getting the biggest fastest kids they can. Big ball straight down the pitch, even to the degree of seeing keepers smash the ball off the other end of the pitch for a goal kick at under nines level.

Its totally self defeating in the long term. Here the FA have got it right. Kids teams need to develop, it shouldn't be case of changing the small skillful kid for one who is a foot taller because he will help to get a result now. The idea is that coaches can play kids in different positions, helping them to become more rounded in the long term, and the result does not matter.

X amount of games a season are competitive, but the results are simply used to stream the teams to provide balance and challenge.

Archived