IGNORED

Champions League Draw

phantom

• Admin

Looks a bit bleak for the three remaining English sides.

Funny how it's the third season on a trot that Chelsea will play PSG

The one thing that may work in Man City's favour is that Dynamo Kiev have to play that game behind closed doors

Gent v Wolfsburg

Roma v Real Madrid

Paris St-Germain v Chelsea

Arsenal v Barcelona

Juventus v Bayern Munich

PSV Eindhoven v Atletico Madrid

Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg

Dynamo Kiev v Manchester City

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

Actually think that draws quite nice to Arsenal. They have gone out at this round for a few years in a row now so with a tough draw there is less pressure, and if they somehow get through then that's one of the favourites out. Then in another tie you have last years runners up against a quality Bayern side, taking out another of the better teams automatically. Providing Arsenal got through, the only teams I'd say they would have a slim chance against would be Bayern and Juve, everyone else they would be capable of beating, some more than others.

Not sure there is anything nice about facing Neymar, Suarez and Messi (one of the great forward lines of all time) especially considering how poor Arsenal's defending can be a lot of the time.

24 minutes ago, City169 said:

Actually think that draws quite nice to Arsenal. They have gone out at this round for a few years in a row now so with a tough draw there is less pressure, and if they somehow get through then that's one of the favourites out. Then in another tie you have last years runners up against a quality Bayern side, taking out another of the better teams automatically. Providing Arsenal got through, the only teams I'd say they would have a slim chance against would be Bayern and Juve, everyone else they would be capable of beating, some more than others.

I bet the Arsenal players and management are jumping for joy with this "nice" draw :whistle:

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure there is anything nice about facing Neymar, Suarez and Messi (one of the great forward lines of all time) especially considering how poor Arsenal's defending can be a lot of the time.

2nd least goals conceded this season and most clean sheets.

1 hour ago, City169 said:

41 minutes ago, City169 said:

41 minutes ago, City169 said:

Like I said, thinking about it in a bigger picture, where there is less expectation on them getting through, so provided they pull off the upset there is only 1 team that they would be largely underdogs against left in the competition. Obviously a few hard ones still such as Real Madrid, 1 of Chelsea and PSG, Man City. But Arsenal would have a good chance against any of those, whereas against Bayern and Barca, and maybe Juve, you would expect them to go out

I don't see many teams in the last 16 that Arsenal would beat over 2 legs, full stop!

I don't see how you can call it a tough draw. Arsenal didn't win their group and we're always going to get a tough matchup. Granted it doesn't get much worse than Barca but I fancy they would've been underdogs in most of the matches they could've had. Man City may have drew one of the 3 weakest teams left in it. Chelsea can feel a bit down on their luck with PSG but PSG are very vulnerable at times. It's winnable. I reckon Chelsea and Man City will go through. I'm expecting at least a 5-1 aggregate scoreline at least in favour to Barca though. 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I bet the Arsenal players and management are jumping for joy with this "nice" draw :whistle:

Depends really what their priority this year is. Being knocked out now, and Man City going further might be very good news, if their priority is the league. 

Guest cider city red 81
6 hours ago, Super said:

Europa league, can't say I know much about United and Liverpool's opponents.

Tottenham v Fiorentina

Midtjylland v Man Utd

Augsburg v Liverpool

Man u opponents very small, felani should get headerz 

Archived