IGNORED

sports bar and grill

Head in the clouds

Agree it's a thoughtless thing to do that relegates the fans to second priority, and it doesn't look good at all. But why do we have to make everything about Bristol Sport, these sort of PR disasters used to happen just as often when it was just Bristol City FC. Whether it's Bristol Sport or Bristol City doesn't really make any difference.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree it's a thoughtless thing to do that relegates the fans to second priority, and it doesn't look good at all. But why do we have to make everything about Bristol Sport, these sort of PR disasters used to happen just as often when it was just Bristol City FC. Whether it's Bristol Sport or Bristol City doesn't really make any difference.

Bristol sport are running the show, so it's their fault

People know we're losing out on money this season due to the redevelopment, so are the club, Bristol Sport or whoever really in a position to turn down money? The amount the club may make from some people wanting a pint, or the amount they're pretty much guaranteed to make from a christmas do. To me it's not hard to understand.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

People know we're losing out on money this season due to the redevelopment, so are the club, Bristol Sport or whoever really in a position to turn down money? The amount the club may make from some people wanting a pint, or the amount they're pretty much guaranteed to make from a christmas do. To me it's not hard to understand.

Agreed. But neither is it difficult to check the weather, see it might be wet post match and that folk might want to stay back for an hour and either say in advance 'no can do' or say 'sports bar closed, a bar #DMS close to a telly will be open'.

This place, twitter, website... they have options to communicate.

Reply from Mark Kelly

Apologies to anybody disappointed about the sports bar closing this evening after the game.

We had a one off exclusive booking that required the majority of the ground floor furniture to be removed and a guest arrival from 6pm.

I have avoided any large bookings in the sports bar throughout the season so far and every hospitality room including the boardroom had to be cleared earlier today to facilitate Christmas parties. We are full tonight with very tight handover.  

The concession in the south stand was left open and there was a "ticker tape" message on the screens to communicate this. 

That said, I accept that the message could have been communicated better and appreciate the frustration on a wet day.

Mark 

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Fair play Mark Kelly. Whether you agree with the decision or not, credit to him for responding quickly on a Saturday night - that's above and beyond in my eyes.

Well it's nice he can write an email but his judgment is still shit, he should have simply said no to a booking that close to a match finish.  The facilities at the stadium first and foremost should be for City fans, and compromising that on a matchday isn't acceptable.

2 hours ago, Head in the clouds said:

Closed after the game for a private function. Just goes to show noone at Bristol Sport gives a shit about supportsers, the pound rules

Of course money rules. If it was your bar and grill and a private party offered more takings that your usual customers you'd do the same. I can't see what your so upset about simple maths.

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Well it's nice he can write an email but his judgment is still shit, he should have simply said no to a booking that close to a match finish.  The facilities at the stadium first and foremost should be for City fans, and compromising that on a matchday isn't acceptable.

I agree, but atleast he realises the error and won't happen again.

He does actually take he time to write a sincere apology in good time which is more than can be said for other members of staff who are 'fan facing'.

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

So you'd rather the club didn't make extra revenue?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree, but atleast he realises the error and won't happen again.

He does actually take he time to write a sincere apology in good time which is more than can be said for other members of staff who are 'fan facing'.

He only apologised for not communicating the bad decision very well, but as I read it is quite happy to continue to take those sorts of bookings.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Reply from Mark Kelly

Apologies to anybody disappointed about the sports bar closing this evening after the game.

We had a one off exclusive booking that required the majority of the ground floor furniture to be removed and a guest arrival from 6pm.

I have avoided any large bookings in the sports bar throughout the season so far and every hospitality room including the boardroom had to be cleared earlier today to facilitate Christmas parties. We are full tonight with very tight handover.  

The concession in the south stand was left open and there was a "ticker tape" message on the screens to communicate this. 

That said, I accept that the message could have been communicated better and appreciate the frustration on a wet day.

Mark 

Part of this statement is unreserved bullshit! I had corporate hospitality today and stayed till way after the game had finished and at no pint were we asked to either hurry up or leave!

Archived