IGNORED

Back in for Bentley

Guest Whitehead

Guest Whitehead

AS mentioned on Radio Bristol by Lansdown .." With Wade Elliott hanging up his boots we haven't replaced him yet even though we've added numbers, and also we need a solid experienced back up for Frank Fielding as well, so those are two particular positions he feels we'll be looking at.

After the summers frustrations an offer believed to be in the region of 1.65 million plus add ons has been offered following earlier interested in the summer. QPR also putting in 1.25 million having been rejected on 3 occasions. Also in the deal is young Southend midfielder Jack Payne who would be loaned back for the duration of the season, Bristol City see him as one for the future who caught the eye whilst watching Bentley a number of time throughout the season. Bentleys contract is due to expire in the summer. A bid for England U20 Southend goalkeeper Ted Smith was declined. 

Bentley is certainly someone I'd like to see here; I'd not say Frankie has done much wrong, but get the impression Bentley will be going on to big things, so would imagine he'd improve us.

That Jack Payne also looks to have had a very good season last time out, so maybe a good little spot if he's got potential - but wonder why we'd be loaning him out again, when we really need reinforcements for the current campaign.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

The answer is in the first line

Surely someone else heard this?

No, the first paragraph quotes from SL's radio interview last Saturday, but the second certainly does not. Indeed paragraph 2 doesn't come from any media news source (or if it does, I fear the battle to save English literacy is lost).

1 hour ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Off to bed now as is just after midnight and Xmas day, will have two kids up in 5 hours or so :laugh:.   MERRY XMAS EVERYONE FROM NORTH QUEENSLAND. 

As you are a day ahead of us, would you mind posting the boxing day result tomorrow? Would be helpful to know if it's worth going. Many thanks.

23 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

brilliant :laugh:

3-1 .. its in the stars oh and the full moon on a clear windless night, or early morning, in Manila.

BTW... a full moon on Christmas Day?... that will not happen for another how many years folks?.. go take a picture... or maybe its cloudy over there.

17 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Yawn. All I said is that I heard a similar thing. I didn't even post it when I heard it. Hardly a bloody confirmation, just joining in the discussion. No need for your arrogant cough cough. 

I wouldn't worry mate most of the ITK's who claimed that Freeman was far too good for us + we couldn't afford him are now the mystics claiming that he's not good enough for the championship.

Archived