IGNORED

offside?

Blazeyrobins

Ok just watching the highlights, have read the reports and views from a lot of people. Just wondering if Kodjia goals wasn't flagged for offside (and in my view he was behind the man so the goal should have been allowed) things may have been a lot different on here tonight despite all our failings.

Guest ashtonphil
10 minutes ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Ok just watching the highlights, have read the reports and views from a lot of people. Just wondering if Kodjia goals wasn't flagged for offside (and in my view he was behind the man so the goal should have been allowed) things may have been a lot different on here tonight despite all our failings.

agreed but it would only be papering over the cracks.

By the way I thought he was onside from where I was watching.

I didn't think Reading's keeper really attempted to properly save Kodjia's shot anyway, he obviously saw the flag was up ( and the whistle had gone) so it's all irrelevant.

Also! The Lino doesn't get a still photo, he would have watched the ball get played and then looked along the line, he would get a completely different picture than the picture!!

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

Line on that side was particularly poor today. You make your own luck in football it's a shame you don't see it that way

I think we've been unlucky quite a few times this season. A bit more luck, a couple of signings and a huge backing for our club should see us fine. 

24 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Needs to learn how to look across the line really. Ongoing trait of his.

A mixture of this and our players playing the ball earlier only did this once in the Charlton game when pack gave him a peach of a ball but Kodjia didn't make the most of it . 

The earlier we play it the less players on him also as all teams know he is our main threat.  But he isn't helping himself by not checking the line.  

By the looks of the photo JK is On side, Level or Off side depending on your views of SC. 

The fact is that as a team we're not too bad on the eye, but we don't score enough goals to stay in this league. We're going down with a whimper and its really, really embarrassing considering how well we did last season.  The management (all of them incl SC) balls up everything from the moment we were promoted. We let players go or retire before they could be replaced, we bullshitted the fans with "this is how things are done on the championship" we tried to adhere to the naive nonsense that is the 5 pillars thing and as such, we find ourselves about to relegated back to league one in probably the most embarrassing and humiliating fashions imaginable. 

We all logged on every day during the summer to see who we'd signed, The rumour mill was going nuts, but nothing happened, WTF was going on behind the scenes? Certainly a big load of nothing was achieved. All of which resulted in the crap we've had to sit and watch week in week out. 

I have no idea whether SC is good enough, certainly the results have been terrible, but I don't know who he wasn't allowed to sign in the summer. It's certain that City need to kick some arse behind the scenes as those in charge of transfers and recruiting new players aren't cutting it and that can't continue.

In reality, it probably was offside, we're just not good enough and we all know it.   What an appalling waste. What a complete and utter balls up.

Archived