IGNORED

The Official West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day Thread

havanatopia

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Why do you bother ?

I suppose at least you have a good laugh when we lose or concede a late equaliser.

Supporter ? Yeah, right.

How about you go fβ˜…β˜…k yourself. All you ever do is attack other posters. What kind of sad life do you lead? Seriously? Go back into your sewer.

As I said, good effort from the lads. Just learn to hold on for goodness sake for all our sanity!!

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:
Β  10 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:
6 minutes ago, cynic said:

Why do you bother ?

I suppose at least you have a good laugh when we lose or concede a late equaliser.

Supporter ? Yeah, right.

To be honest, you either have to laugh or cry when something like this happens - injury time goal done us yet again, it's almost unbelievable!

• Like 1

I was advocating playing the kids, but thankfully I'm not the manager, and the team went for it - as other have said; proud of them.

Utterly gutting to once again concede in the dying seconds; it's an absolutelyΒ terrible habit to have, but considering everyone (including me) pegged us as getting destroyed, it says a lot about the way we went for it that this was a decent Premier League team who had to get back on level terms with us.

Onwards Tuesday; it's so, so important we win that game, and I hope the efforts today don't set us back for that one.

And hope the fact both substitutes were involved in the goal that put us ahead makes SC throw them on more often, and that Fielding is okay; no shame or blame on O'Leary, who at least got his debut.

If Zac Clough was watching, hope he might be impressed with that - wonder if he'll be in the door in time to be involved against WBA at home?Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair I think most sensible fans will, on reflection, be very proud of the effort today.Β 

But it's the natural reaction to go so near and yet so far again, and to lose the resultΒ in added time for the third straight game is so disappointing.Β 

Plus the extra game is literally the last thing we need right now.Β 

Fair play to the boys today though, didn't deserve that.Β 

it's a natural reaction to feel that emotion, I felt the sameΒ myself of course I did butΒ embarrassing to actually post it IMO.

Just now, ten minutes of rough said:

Laughing so hard when we are denied a win for starters , followed by the next post you made, you have to be on a wind up, sort it out or perhaps City are not for you.Β 

Β 

Aren't you the guy that gets totally wierdΒ when people take the Micky out of rovers?

As another poster said, sometimes you have to laugh or you will cry. We all love this club, passions can run high especially after the 3rd stoppage time equalizer in 4 games. If the likes of cynic and yourselves can't accept people airing their opinions and think you are some kind of thought police then perhaps you are best not posting here.

Also what makes the moaning even more silly is our academy keeper played 45 minutes and Agard and Burns were brought on, everything most moaners have craved and still they moan, I don't get it, today was an opportunity to forget the woes of our season so far and let's be honest 2-2 away to a prem team must have surely have exceeded the expectations of most BCFC fans?.

Good points:

- Fans were loud

- Sounded like we matched them on the radio

- Had a depleted squad

- Played a young player for his debut for half an hour, didn't get rogered

-Might look a little better to potential transfer targets

Bad Points:

-Drew (Even then, this means a replay against a premier league team at home)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think its safe to say that sadly there is a minority of our fans that take pleasure in City's struggles.Β  Should we start to improve our fortunes i think a number of people would struggle to cope.

If you're inferring that I am one of these fans, you're very wrong. I am fuming.Β 

Also, I get that people are rallying and are happy with the performance, I really do. Compared to some of the other games we've played, this is clearly a standout display.Β 

Conceding a goal in the very last seconds against a team once can be considered unfortunate, particularly against a team full of internationals. When you add that to the other two games, though, it surely highlights a fundamental problem that needs to be fixed.

It's not like we have a sub-par defence. In fact, I will go on record that Baker is our best player and is too good for us. Similarly, Flint, Ayling and the full-backs are more than worthy of playing in this league. You could suggest that the midfield is too open (don't worry, I won't let this become a Pack debate), but if that were really the case then we'd be getting tanked every week. Strikers not scoring enough was proved completely wrong today. The introduction of O Leary also proves that you can't lay the blame on Fielding.

Surely, then, it's either a combination of all those things, OR a psychological issue, or both.

I'm NOT laying into the team, at least not any more. I think it's great that we get a replay at home, I think it's great that we battled well enough to get in front after being behind, and I'm very happy that our strikers are firing again.

That said, I stand by what I said before: It is Inexcusable to concede in the final minute of stoppage time on so many occasions. I actually believe that as a team we're only a couple of players away from being able to compete, but if we let this habit get the better of us, we haven't got a hope.

Anyway, COYR, Always Believe, let me be a bit angry and then I'll be back on your side.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Also what makes the moaning even more silly is our academy keeper played 45 minutes and Agard and Burns were brought on, everything most moaners have craved and still they moan, I don't get it, today was an opportunity to forget the woes of our season so far and let's be honest 2-2 away to a prem team must have surely have exceeded the expectations of most BCFC fans?.

I'm not sure there are really too many moaners tonight.

Having an initial reactionΒ of disappointment is natural given the timing of the equaliser.

As youΒ say, we got subs on earlier than normal, we held a Prem team at their place. And our fans who made the tripΒ made laods of noise and really got behind the team - well done all!Β 

to come back from 1-0 down with 27mins to play is a veryΒ good sign. As was the subs contribution. Congratulations on a great result. I'veΒ been to the last 3 away matches and that's a massive improvement. WellΒ Β done the lads and roll on Tuesday, hopefully with clough added to the squad.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

The ref favoured wba in most 50-50 tackles and was giving them everthing towards the end. Even pulled 4 mins added timeΒ out his ass which they scored in 5th minute. Always gunna struggle not to concede late on when that happens.

Yes! According to RB the ref actually played 5 and a half minutes added time.

5 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

The r ef favoured wba in most 50-50 tackles and was giving them everthing towards the end. Even pulled 4 mins added timeΒ out his ass which they scored in 5th minute. Always gunna struggle not to concede late on when that happens.

We were a bit soft in every tackle though :(

1 minute ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

We were a bit soft in every tackle though :(

True but once the game got on we started tackling a lot better and getting stuck in. Just a shame refs give freekicks one way and dont give it the other for the exact same foul.Β 

Also thoughtΒ foster looked awful, 1st game of season but still. He should be nowhere near going to france next summer

15 minutes ago, cynic said:

Careful.

You'll get reported to Admin.

HeΒ sent me a PM to say he told teacher that I was being a meanie.

Could happen to you - watch out !

Anyway, all this is distracting from a really good result - disappointing that we conceded late, but stil a very welcome performance and result.

Eh? Don't try and make me look like tje bad guy. I reported you yes, for a comment which you've since wisely deleted. I also remember your racist comments from a few years ago. Anyway, Nobody wants to hear any of this, let's just let admin deal with it Yeh! Night.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Might I be so bold as to just say, from my time on this place in the last few years, you do spend a lot of time yourself just moaning about the moaners (spudski, especially) moaning. That's just something I've noticed although it may not be wholly representative of your posting history, I'm not sure. Just a little feedback for you, there.

Why not just rejoice at a rollicking good cup-tie and a great effort from the boys?! Up the City!

24 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

How can people not love KodjiaΒ Β 

Β 

Great photo...and this is why we really can't afford to relegated. How wonderful to have a young and talented player who apparently barely speaks our language Β so enthused about playing well for our club. Go down and we can kiss that goodbye.

Let's hope that behind the scenes things are kicking on…and that the powers that be appreciate the passion that will take over 5000 people to Brum to watch City on a miserable winter afternoon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Might I be so bold as to just say, from my time on this place in the last few years, you do spend a lot of time yourself just moaning about the moaners (spudski, especially) moaning. That's just something I've noticed although it may not be wholly representative of your posting history, I'm not sure. Just a little feedback for you, there.

Why not just rejoice at a rollicking good cup-tie and a great effort from the boys?! Up the City!

What an incredibly strange post.

I am "rejoicingΒ at a rollicking good cup-tie and a great effort from the boys?! Up the City!,Β my point is why isn't everybody else?.

But hey if defending the team that I support is moaning then don't expect any change, but you are actually attacking the wrong person here IMO.

Thanks for the feedback by the way.

32 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

the most important thing today was not to get tonked and to put on a good display. That will have restored some belief in the team (especially in attack)Β which had been absent since theΒ second half of charlton match.Β 

I said in the Β *'sack cloth' Β thread that todays perfornance on and off the field (fab travelling support) would not have harmed our 'attractiveness' to potential transfer targets during this window.Β 

That could prove invaluable right now!

(*Zack Clough)Β 

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

These comments about the ref playing over 5 minutes instead of 4Β - I was given to understand that his instructions are to play a MINIMUM of the time shown,Β  It's then at his discretion beyond that. Β Shoot me down if I'm wrong.Β 

You're right. Cotts is just gutted

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What an incredibly strange post.

I am "rejoicingΒ at a rollicking good cup-tie and a great effort from the boys?! Up the City!,Β my point is why isn't everybody else?.

But hey if defending the team that I support is moaning then don't expect any change, but you are actually attacking the wrong person here IMO.

Thanks for the feedback by the way.

No problems, old boy. It must be strange to you but it's not to me. Just something I've picked up on (which in turn will probably say something about me. Who cares. It's a good day. Enjoy yer evening!)

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The good news you boys can enjoy a night of abusing one of the worst managers ever at BCFC

Β 

Not for me,Β mate. Β I've always believed that we'd be in a betterΒ position now if we stuck with Pulis. Β Of course we'll never know, but I have a feeling he would have got us up before 2007...

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not for me,Β mate. Β I've always believed that we'd be in a betterΒ position now if we stuck with Pulis. Β Of course we'll never know, but I have a feeling he would have got us up before 2007...

Not with the overpriced, fat, injury prone, has been wasters that he was signing whilst he was with us he wouldn't have.

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atlanta_Red said:

These comments about the ref playing over 5 minutes instead of 4Β - I was given to understand that his instructions are to play a MINIMUM of the time shown,Β  It's then at his discretion beyond that. Β Shoot me down if I'm wrong.Β 

Thats true, but the real frustration is that he told the players time was up as the freekick was about to be taken.

he then allowed the freekick and there was two phases beforeΒ the goal.

he simply didnt have the bottle to blow up when time, by his own admission was alreadyΒ up !!!!!

• Like 3

Absolutely cracking, lots of people standing, loud throughout and the goals felt absolutely great, especially our second.Β It was niceΒ to forget the league for an afternoonΒ 

I went to MK last season which many say was a good atmosphere but today was significantly better for me.Β 

• Like 1

Going back to Kodjia, before he scored he had missed another excellent chance and it went behind forΒ a goalΒ kick. As the others trotted back to the half way line Kodjia remained forΒ a few moments on his own and seemed to put his hands together and lookedΒ to the sky. Whatever he said, and whoever he asked he was rewarded. Either that or the roar of support he got from 5000+ City fans spurred him on.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

Wasn't thatΒ the last time we played there

We played at the Hawthorns under Benny, in February '99 and conceded an equaliser in the seventh minute of injury time for a 2-2 score line.Β 

Tistimetanu and Bell both suffered broken legs in that game. Which made it worse.

Β 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

West Brom were bang average.

Good job no one told Pulis we have 2 beasty CBs otherwise they wouldn't have kept plonking it on Flints head.Β 

Wonder if he will realiseΒ runners down the side areΒ the way past us in time for the replay?Β 

Doh !Β :facepalm:

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Good job no one told Pulis we have 2 beasty CBs otherwise they wouldn't have kept plonking it on Flints head.Β 

Wonder if he will realiseΒ runners down the side areΒ the way past us in time for the replay?Β 

Shhhhhhhhh

4 minutes ago, Flagon said:
1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Shhhhhhhhh

It's OK - we keep oppositions guessing until the last minute as to what our team and formation will be...err

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

It's OK - we keep oppositions guessing until the last minute as to what our team and formation will be...err

Haha yeah true. Would love to see that Garita steaming into their back line though. He looked massive when he was warming up.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2016 at 17:04, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I told them to shove player up their arses, I know it might sound petty but for the past 7 months their Mickey mouse system has been incapable of taking out my monthly subscription, I have had to go through the renewal process every single month since (never had a problem before) every time I report it (using the same email, which has every complaint the i've made since this started) I get 'thank's for telling us, we are looking into it', so **** em, looks like me dog is going to a lot more walks on match days).

Es, I have sent you a PM.

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Es, I have sent you a PM.

Phil.. if its words of wisdom or direct contacts with people at Player perhaps you would not mind sharing the info because, as you know, the system is useless and thats at the best of times.Β If not, as you were . :)

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Es, Β I have sent you a PM.

F * * k me, no wonder this counties in a bloody state.

Phil Es has got enough to worry about without that **** Cameron turning up on his doorstep putting his bullshit Tory spin on it.

Flipping nanny State, Phil Es's big enough to sort a stupid thing like 'player' out on his own without the bloody British Prime Minister getting involved from on the other side of the Channel.

Get back to London you useless git and sort out some of the Country's problems do what yer paid for and stop getting involkved in things that dont concern you ... Bloody Tories.Β 

Β 

Edited by WhistleHappy