IGNORED

Will the replay be a tenner each?

ChippenhamRed

So, after West Brom graciously charged everyone a tenner today, will we return the favour for the replay? It would only seem fair on their fans to do the same.

I realise the economics stack up differently next time - the game was a hard sell for them, but will sell out relatively easily for us I suspect - but I still think it would be the decent thing to do.

Apologies if already mentioned elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Let's not forget that it's a business. There's no way tickets will be £10. It was be an horrendous business decision if they were. 

I'm not arguing for it from an economic point of view; clearly it wouldn't make sense. I just wondered if it might be the decent thing to do. It would be nice if, just occasionally, a sense of being a part of the "football family" transcended financial gain. Naive I know!

To be honest £10 was excellent value today, worth that for the atmosphere alone. But for long periods of the game, if not all of it, West Brom didn't seem such a difference in standard or quality from us. Infact I've seen teams better than them this season. I don't think we can charge top dollar even though they are a Premiership team etc, they just won't be attractive enough.

Keep it low priced and fill the ground. Get it rocking, recreate the atmosphere.

oh, and I feel whoever we draw in the next round will have a huge bearing on our approach to West Brom in the replay.

3 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Agree with this 100%, they gave us a tenner, share the love, give em the atyeo for a tenner a head, this has got to happen !

This would force Atyeo STH into other stands and pretty much rule out non-STH from attending as a result. Therefore, as a member, I disagree. No West Brom fan who wanted a ticket today would have missed out.

Anyway I believe the usual restriction will apply as detailed above.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

To be honest £10 was excellent value today, worth that for the atmosphere alone. But for long periods of the game, if not all of it, West Brom didn't seem such a difference in standard or quality from us. Infact I've seen teams better than them this season. I don't think we can charge top dollar even though they are a Premiership team etc, they just won't be attractive enough.

Keep it low priced and fill the ground. Get it rocking, recreate the atmosphere.

oh, and I feel whoever we draw in the next round will have a huge bearing on our approach to West Brom in the replay.

Very good point at the end there. It's a much bigger game if we draw Arsenal, United, etc.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This would force Atyeo STH into other stands and pretty much rule out non-STH from attending as a result. Therefore, as a member, I disagree. No West Brom fan who wanted a ticket today would have missed out.

Anyway I believe the usual restriction will apply as detailed above.

I understand your misgivings, i am not sure what % of capacity is given to away fans for FA cup games, i reckon it's gonna be most of the atyeo anyway, excuse my ignorance on these matters, i await your answer with baited breath....EDIT.. 25% i just read above, apologies...so if the current limit is 15000, they would expect to be given  approx 4000 odd ?

1 minute ago, Kingswood mask said:

I understand your misgivings, i am not sure what % of capacity is given to away fans for FA cup games, i reckon it's gonna be most of the atyeo anyway, excuse my ignorance on these matters, i await your answer with baited breath

I can't remember offhand but I believe we have permission to offer less due to the ground redevelopment as other teams have done so in the past. 

1 minute ago, Kingswood mask said:

I understand your misgivings, i am not sure what % of capacity is given to away fans for FA cup games, i reckon it's gonna be most of the atyeo anyway, excuse my ignorance on these matters, i await your answer with baited breath

As stated already, as with West Ham last season the same % allocation applies as with league games. We have special permission during the redevelopment. So it won't be most of the Atyeo.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

As stated already, as with West Ham last season the same % allocation applies as with league games. We have special permission during the redevelopment. So it won't be most of the Atyeo.

Cheers for that, forgot the allowances due to redevelopment, but a tenner a head is still do-able ?

Archived