IGNORED

Bets on

Magic Man

Guest Cap flinger

I've had a nudge from a unnamed person in media at the club that Warnock will be named soon. Needless to say I've lumped on! 

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given the Bristol Sport career development model (groundsman to head of the Universe for example), I'm tempted to wager a half time draw ticket seller might get the nod.

I think you are ignoring the ticket seller's talent on FIFA, a highly useful tool in the company Career Development Scheme.....

2 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

My 5pound is on Michael Appleton. easy way of doubling my money.then the 10pound will go on him to be sacked by Christmas.another easy way of doubling my money.

Why though? He's already denied it - it makes 0 commercial sense to appoint him. It's not going to happen!

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If people think Pearson wouldn't operate under the title of "head coach" Warnock certainly won't.

If Warnock was offered a lucrative contract - i.e. one last big deal before retiring - I'm sure he would take it. He has a big ego and the thought of rescuing City would appeal to him. Just like the 5th Cavalry coming over the hill to rescue the settlers from the pesky Indians. Any signings whist he was here would be made in the next couple of months, and he would only be here for approx 4 months,so I'm sure he could live with signings being made by Mark Ashton 

Started out with Justin Edinburgh, who's odds shifted immediately out from 14 to 34-1, had a nibble at Monk and then, for safety put my last pound on Pearson. 

This is the last of my SoD-appointment winnings, so it needs to be one of those three or I'm done for. 

Can't there is a stand out runner in this field. Pearson probably my fav but seems to have some of the dodgy Cotts traits, can't see Moyes here and in any event suspect he has little knowledge of the Championship. 

Guest Oxheart

Sky have just reported that we have around 30 serious applications. The club have said they will take weeks rather than days to do due diligence on them before narrowing the list down to a few applicants. 

25 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The question is why are we running this system when its failed in the past?

And the other system has been soooo successful for the club ! 

I really feel that we need to get away from the Manager / Dictator post .

In this day and age the pressures are too much and the stakes are too high to leave everything in the hands of just one man . Cotts is burnt out after 18 months , meaning that we have to start all over again and it's likely that we'll have to pay out to change all his coaching staff and pay again to bring in the new manager's coaching staff .Let alone the possibility that we could be back where we where in League 1 so that it all counted for nothing .

The continental system is much more logical and leaves the head coach time to concentrate on ' coaching ' .

A club has a way of playing where by players can be easily identified and brought in and improved.

3 minutes ago, Oxheart said:

Sky have just reported that we have around 30 serious applications. The club have said they will take weeks rather than days to do due diligence on them before narrowing the list down to a few applicants. 

If they take weeks.....then it really proves what a shambles the club is.

I personally believe they have in mind who they want, and they have been speaking to said person for the last few days. 

To get rid of a manager now....with nothing in the pipe line, would be idiotic.

Then again.....the way this season has gone, nothing would suprise me

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I personally believe they have in mind who they want, and they have been speaking to said person for the last few days. 

It just may be that they did n't anticipate the quality of applicant for the post and were settling for someone like Appleton when all of a sudden the big names came calling. 

In any case the timing of Cott's dismissal is more than unfortunate .

18 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No surprises to me, I believe our Board are so incompetent and idiotic it really will take weeks before a new Manager is appointed !!

27 minutes ago, Oxheart said:

Didn't the club say something similar before Cotts was appointed?  That due diligence needed to take place, every avenue was going to be explored, it was going to take time to get the right man etc etc. And then an hour later Cotts was revealed as manager!  I therefore have no expectations at all on timescales of when this will all be sorted, could be today could be June for all we know. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

A billion quid on Bobby Gould.... He still has a house in the area (or so says every news report since the late 80s).

Doesn't everyone who has played or managed us keep their house in the area? Jordan , Moyes , Gould even TC ???

40 minutes ago, Oxheart said:

While I would accept some  due diligence would have to be done, a list of 30 could be cut down to about 3 if Dad, son and Burt had a chat over a pint ! 5 Mins max

This may or may not be true ;)

38 minutes ago, Oxheart said:

So in short wait til the transfer window is closed then appoint someone who can't add to the squad, genius.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good point; I think though that SO'D was our only "head coach" in recent times. Sadly, it's probably so the board retain more control in how the playing side of things is run.

I always thought being a head coach meant you were more in control of the playing side and not so much transfers & everything else. 

2 minutes ago, Gilts said:

I always thought being a head coach meant you were more in control of the playing side and not so much transfers & everything else. 

Probably could have worded that better, I meant the overall picture really - signings, youth development etc - if the manager is autocratic and has total control without meddling, like I imagine SC probably wanted to be, the board might feel threatened by this. A head coach is more collective and probably shares his responsibility more with Burt, Ashton etc

Guest Oxheart
9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Where have the club said that? To Sky?

The sky sports presenter Rob Wotton just came out with out with it as "news just in" when chatting with Paul ince and co this morning.

19 minutes ago, Gilts said:

If what Stockhausen says is true, 

You could have just stopped there, when did he last reveal anything that we didn't already know?

As others have said he has zero sources and so just speculates, usually in a negative and slightly odd way.

He's just tweeted "wonder if Mark Robins will be a candidate now?" and then 5 minutes later said that he did so for the reaction.

What sort of journalist is that?

2 hours ago, Magic Man said:

Who's had a bet on the next manager then?

I've got a fiver on Justin Edinburgh @ 33-1 simply because I think we'll get someone completely under the radar and he seems to tick some of the boxes.... and I like an outsider!!

Anyone else?

If If was going to bet, Edinburgh would be where my money went.  Might make it for fun by betting for Cotts to replace Edinburgh too.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why though? He's already denied it - it makes 0 commercial sense to appoint him. It's not going to happen!

Let's hope not.I'd be quite happy to lose more than a fiver for it not to happen.not my choice.bookies saying otherwise.notice colins down to 3to1.not a bad shout.

Archived